Home

Forced Retirement - Going into 4th Season - QB

This is a discussion on Forced Retirement - Going into 4th Season - QB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Forced Retirement - Going into 4th Season - QB

I was going into my 4th season with The Raiders. I am doing Player only and I am the QB. All of a sudden my task menu was saying I needed to retire. I was starting my 4th season, OVR of 87 and I lost the Super Bowl to the 49ers. My stats were not All-Star but they were not horrible either.

Why was there no Contract negotiations?
Why was there no Free Agency options?
Why is this QB's career over?
Why do you just RETIRE? WHY? If anything I should go into FA and have to sit out a year or something! WHY!

THIS IS A HUGE FLAW!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2014, 02:34 AM   #2
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Forced Retirement - Going into 4th Season - QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
I was going into my 4th season with The Raiders. I am doing Player only and I am the QB. All of a sudden my task menu was saying I needed to retire. I was starting my 4th season, OVR of 87 and I lost the Super Bowl to the 49ers. My stats were not All-Star but they were not horrible either.

Why was there no Contract negotiations?
Why was there no Free Agency options?
Why is this QB's career over?
Why do you just RETIRE? WHY? If anything I should go into FA and have to sit out a year or something! WHY!

THIS IS A HUGE FLAW!
Usually they make you retire if your contract is up and no team makes an offer for you in free agency. What were your stats like when you say "not All-Star but not horrible"?
Old 11-10-2014, 04:06 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Usually they make you retire if your contract is up and no team makes an offer for you in free agency. What were your stats like when you say "not All-Star but not horrible"?

Really shouldn't matter, obviously an 87 overall qb who isn't super old, coming off a playoff appearance would get some type of contract offer in real life. Forcing u to retire in that situation is clearly pretty ridiculous
Old 11-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Our records were
7-9
8-8
8-8 and lost in the Super Bowl.

I do not know the exacts but I passed for over 4,000 yards each year. I did throw more INTs than TDs in the three season but I think it was like 60INTs and 55 TDs or something. My Legacy was 480. Which I do agree I am not a great QB in those regards but to just go into retirement.

My team never once offered me any money, which is fine but something should tell me they are not interested or something. I went into the draft to watch thinking "Let's see who we are going to get this year." And that is when I noticed my to do list of "Retire."

I went to the transaction log for my the Raiders and I show they release Brent Celek, Sidney Rice and two other people, but my name was not on there.

I do not have a problem with the Raiders not resigning me but there we no other offers...just retire. That is really poorly designed. Especially since I was an 87 and only in my 4th year.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:00 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOTTOmatic
Really shouldn't matter, obviously an 87 overall qb who isn't super old, coming off a playoff appearance would get some type of contract offer in real life. Forcing u to retire in that situation is clearly pretty ridiculous
Agree 100%...flawed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #6
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOTTOmatic
In real life there is no such thing as an 87 overall QB. Teams only have stats and intangibles to go by. A QB who isn't that good doesn't often get new contract offers, even if he has playoff experience. Look at Tim Tebow...
Old 11-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
In real life there is no such thing as an 87 overall QB. Teams only have stats and intangibles to go by. A QB who isn't that good doesn't often get new contract offers, even if he has playoff experience. Look at Tim Tebow...
I see your point there but there should be something in place that just does not cause you to "Retire." Especially a QB for a Super Bowl Team, players who get to that level will not just disappear within 3 months of the big game. another team would pick him up. How many teams that played in the Super Bowl the year before not AT LEAST offer a QB a new contract the next year if they are in the last year of a contract. Look at Jake Delhoume, people were writing that guy of for The Panthers and then boom they go to the SB...sure they guy got way more than he should have and faded out...but even then he faded and went to like 3 other teams before retiring. Maybe I deserved to be let go by the Raiders, by the numbers but come on...AFC champs should give some type of bargaining chip. This is flawed.

1. Ok so if I'm going to be released by a team then please give me some sort of notice or heads up
2. Put me into a free agent market that takes into account Playoff Records, Playoff Stats, Age and Overall rating. I think stats should be figured in as well.
3. If no one still chooses to offer me any money then let me sit in FA to do practices or drills so I can get my XP for either the next season or just incase a teams main QB gets injured and they need to pick a QB of the list during the season.
4. Let me choose my salary. If I KNEW there was a chance I would be not able to sign in the offseason as a FA I would sure as heck make my price tag way more affordable to get another shot.

The fact I was let go by the Raiders is not that big a deal to me...I get that but the lack of me really having control over my future decisions is flawed and needs tweaked. To me at least.

Last edited by rtkiii; 11-10-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #8
Banned

You threw 60 int's!!!! That's why nobody wanted you.
A Qb that throws over 4000 yards and 55 TD's should also have more than 8 wins. The fact is, nobody wanted you because you are a **** Quarterback.
Makes total sense that nobody wanted you.

Last edited by jatiger13; 11-10-2014 at 04:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »