Home

Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you?

This is a discussion on Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpic1
They also said "this year the QB rating matters". BS. Doesn't matter if I face Peyton Manning or Matt Cassel, at the end of the game the stats are pretty much the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only difference in QBs I can see is great ones get the ball of quicker and I sack terrible ones much more. Their actual completion percentage is still ridiculous as ever. I sacked Matt Flynn who was subbing in for Rogers in the Super Bowl (due to ridiculous amount of sim injuries) seven times with one guy, we won the game by 4 TDs but he still had 70%+ completion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOTTOmatic
This makes sense, as a lot of times for example when I run a draw out of the shotgun, the CPU will set up in 3-4 or something. Like it knows I'm doing a running play when it shouldn't. Next play, still shotgun, but a pass. CPU will set up in nickel or dime. And it's not just guessing correctly or reading my sequences well or anything. It knows ahead of time.
Yup. Think about when you pick a fake punt or fake fg play. The defense plays safe man instead of block. You might as well just pick an offensive play on 4th down in that case so that you have a competent person throwing the ball rather than your second string qb or a 12 ovr punter.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall_DIFH
The only difference in QBs I can see is great ones get the ball of quicker and I sack terrible ones much more. Their actual completion percentage is still ridiculous as ever. I sacked Matt Flynn who was subbing in for Rogers in the Super Bowl (due to ridiculous amount of sim injuries) seven times with one guy, we won the game by 4 TDs but he still had 70%+ completion
Dan Orlovsky ripped me for 19/21 a little while ago
Old 11-17-2014, 01:33 AM   #28
Pro

trey31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiz7
Yup. Think about when you pick a fake punt or fake fg play. The defense plays safe man instead of block. You might as well just pick an offensive play on 4th down in that case so that you have a competent person throwing the ball rather than your second string qb or a 12 ovr punter.
Yep those are really only effective against other humans.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:35 AM   #29
Pro

trey31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpic1
They also said "this year the QB rating matters". BS. Doesn't matter if I face Peyton Manning or Matt Cassel, at the end of the game the stats are pretty much the same.
Are you implying that Matt Cassel isn't an "elite" quarterback?!

Old 11-17-2014, 01:41 AM   #30
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Why can't more people like you work for EA? They always seem to be hiring software engineers/programmers.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 11-17-2014, 04:02 AM   #31
Rookie

midero's Arena

One thing I wonder about is a play-action I ran a few weeks ago against the Cowboys. Their safety followed my WR Dansby and I had Edelman wide open cuz of that, the moment I pressed the button to throw it to Edelman their safety suddenly switched from Dansby to Edelman and tipped the pass away. I thought this was very very odd so I looked at the replay, could see that their safety switched from Dansby to Edelman before Mallett even started to make the throw……considering that the safety was some 50 yards away from Mallett it was impossible for him to read his eyes.

Now if that isn’t cheating then I don’t know what is...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #32
Just started!

Easy fix when they r set up in 3-4 change play to pass and when in buckle change pass to run. I do that all the time

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »