Home

Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you?

This is a discussion on Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey31
Exactly. And the worse part is the simple use of AWR rating with a multiplier could fix the issue almost entirely. It will still be based off of timed animations, which obviously doesn't happen in real life, but at least it would give the game a huge upgrade in terms of the way it handles ball awareness (or doesn't).

Haven't given money to EA for Madden (nor most of their other games) since sometime before 09. I still bought them, just second hand.

I had a roommate back in the day when WoW first came out who was certifiably addicted to it; I was never interested in it, but I didn't judge him for it because I'm pretty sure the closest I've ever been to being addicted to a videogame was probably Madden 2005. Everything since then has appealed to me less and less. To the point that I used to play M05/M06 on PS2 rather than 07 or 08 or 09 on PS3 even though I had them. Only thing that brought me permanently to PS3 was the picture quality on PS2 after upgrading to a 65" TV. 480i was so hard to look at on it when everything else I played looked so good.

The sad part is the opportunity that EA has squandered all these years that could have resulted in much better games (and tons more revenue); because of the size of the Madden fanbase (and the lack of a competitor) they could have tapped into a huge crowd based development resource.

I'm not talking about the numerous posters who complain every year about not having enough of this or blah blah blah that; I'm talking about the numerous people who religiously test game play and penalty sliders every year (guilty), or the guys who write programs to edit rosters or mod a seven year old PC game. The ones who spend countless hours trying to make Madden more than it is, and do it for others by posting their results on OS and similar forums, are doing all of it for free and yet none of their discoveries ever make it into the game.

All EA would have to do is grab a couple of guys and give them the job of organizing all of these free resources into a crowd based development team that does nothing except improve the existing game structure. Thats it really. The mission statement: "to extensively test the current game, to outline areas of needed improvement, to organize the feedback into relevant information to help improve the game, in order to allow game development to evolve rather than re-invent itself."

But no, its business as usual; rollout the new cover and change the names and pictures in the roster database.

Thing that gets me is you see Sony Santa Monica literally keep every feature/ control scheme that they've ever put in as options in mlb the show, yet madden they just cut features and put them back in later down the line instead of focusing on improving them
Old 11-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #50
Pro

trey31's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbuk75
Thing that gets me is you see Sony Santa Monica literally keep every feature/ control scheme that they've ever put in as options in mlb the show, yet madden they just cut features and put them back in later down the line instead of focusing on improving them
According to the opinion of a programmer friend of mine that works for a game dev, they must be running the development on fumes and trying to find any way they can to easily distinguish previous games from new releases for as cheap as absolutely possible.

In other words its a AAA title cash cow that just keeps getting milked. Best (worst) part is they spends multiples more on advertising than they do on development.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #51
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

I knew it! I suspected this years ago. Sometimes during the course of a year, if you're playing a season, a team just comes out unstoppable. No matter how many times you re-try the game. The game has just decided you are going to lose and there's nothing you can do about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #52
Banned

cpic1's Arena

OVR: 1

I love how the computer randomly throws penalties my way. Stop them to bring up 4th and 3...bam, a guy I'm not even controlling jumps offside on the FG attempt to extend the drive. Love how it uses injuries too. While trying to bleed the clock a few nights ago I got screwed. We were tied with under 2 minutes to play and the CPU was out of timeouts. First down play, somebody gets hurt on my team to stop the clock. 2nd down was normal and I ran off the full 40 seconds. 3rd down another guy on my team gets hurt to stop the clock. Instead of kicking the FG in the final seconds to win, I had to kick it with 50 seconds left. Sure enough, the CPU marched right down the field and kicked the game tying FG against me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #53
Banned

Really? Took this long to figure that out?

EVERYTHING in madden is based on the difficulty. Not their football IQ, there is NO adaptive AI.... There is no individual player AI.

ITS ALL BASIC code with NOTHING complex in any way shape or form.

Going WAY back, madden has ALWAYS worked like this.

One of the MANY MANY reasons it's rubbish today.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

I can remember back on Madden 97 or so for Sega Genesis, if I ever called a Fake Punt Pass, the CPU would be lined up in the 4-3 every time. Guess this explains that.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:41 PM   #55
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclem92
I can remember back on Madden 97 or so for Sega Genesis, if I ever called a Fake Punt Pass, the CPU would be lined up in the 4-3 every time. Guess this explains that.
Even happens in VS. My boy always asks Madden and when I call a fake it has him line up in Punt safe everytime
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 11:50 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 4

The ai was punting...or so I thought, but my recommended play was punt safe or whatever it's called. I thought that was weird, but that explains it...and of course it was a fake, surprise!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »