Home

MIN Playbook Options?

This is a discussion on MIN Playbook Options? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #9
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MIN Playbook Options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I didn't think of AZ, but you're right it is pretty interesting...

And yeah, New Orleans has a bit of that Vert vibe...splitting out the TE / using a "gadget back" as a change of pace from the power run like they did with Sproles...

The Lions hired Brees former QB coach as their OC, for that reason...Vertical...
I didn't think of Arizona, either, but that's what Pro Football reference has them listed as. I'm not too familiar with B.A.'s background as far as coaching tree goes. I remember him with Pitt and Cleveland before Indy, but I don't really know who his mentors were, sooo??? As far as that goes for Madden, as someone else noted, some of these playbooks haven't been updated seriously in ages, so I can't vouch for what's actually in the game. I haven't played against Arizona much this year. But, yeah, that Lions one makes sense.

Good luck... keep us posted what you find.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #10
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I didn't think of Arizona, either, but that's what Pro Football reference has them listed as. I'm not too familiar with B.A.'s background as far as coaching tree goes. I remember him with Pitt and Cleveland before Indy, but I don't really know who his mentors were, sooo??? As far as that goes for Madden, as someone else noted, some of these playbooks haven't been updated seriously in ages, so I can't vouch for what's actually in the game. I haven't played against Arizona much this year. But, yeah, that Lions one makes sense.

Good luck... keep us posted what you find.
Actually, Arians is a Marty Shottenheimer guy, so there's where the "disconnect" with Vertical comes in...

I'm not sure who their OC is, but they did seem to change their philosophy from Power Run since he took over...

And he was P. Manning's QB coach for a while...

And yes, that's the problem with all this as far as the game is concerned...not current, etc...

How 'bout the Generics?

Pass Balanced has some Vertical and plenty of Gun forms, but I think Run and Gun is more of a Run and Shoot book, right?

Last edited by KingV2k3; 11-17-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:15 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

You might check SD out as well. Some good vertical concepts there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #12
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
You might check SD out as well. Some good vertical concepts there.
Yeah, and based on previous comments, I would not be surprised if it was the actual Turner book from a few years ago...

Old 11-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Yeah, and based on previous comments, I would not be surprised if it was the actual Turner book from a few years ago...

That's what it looks like to me. Madden doesn't change the playbooks enough or do so with the kind of accuracy and rigor that they should, so it seems that the SD playbook is probably 3/4 the same as what it was when Turner was actually coach.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #14
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
That's what it looks like to me. Madden doesn't change the playbooks enough or do so with the kind of accuracy and rigor that they should, so it seems that the SD playbook is probably 3/4 the same as what it was when Turner was actually coach.
Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!

I went with Team Default in year one, but I'm going to go with the SD book for year two and then move to Vermeil in year 3 or 4...

Thanks, y'all!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »