Home

Need help setting up "realistic" Madden season

This is a discussion on Need help setting up "realistic" Madden season within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2014, 03:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Need help setting up "realistic" Madden season

I have done this before with other sports games, including Madden I believe but I need some help setting this up for this years edition. What I want to do is set up a "realistic" Madden season where I play all the games as the Chicago Bears and control all the teams and their outcomes. Basically what I am saying is, I want to play out the Bears and NFL season so that if I was in this weeks of games, the Bears would be 5-6 and all records would be accurate and I would have the ability to manually "injure" players on my team and other teams by releasing them or dropping them down the depth chart. So in week 2 when AP was suspended by the league, I could manually do that, and when Patrick Willis was injured for the year last week, I could manually do that, etc. When I tried setting this up before, all the teams automatically made roster moves when I was going thru the preseason so some players were on the wrong team or released when they shouldn't have been, etc. Even my own team, the Bears, were making rosters moves without me making them.

Long story short, is there any way to set up a season where I can control all outcomes and play whichever games I want to play? Week 1, I would play as the Bills vs the Bears since the Bills won the game and win the game for the Bills and so on and so forth. Is there a way to do this without the rosters getting messed up on their own?

Thanks in advance for the strange request,

Strut24
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need help setting up "realistic" Madden season

You can't manually injure players. You would have to do 32 team control, turn off all automation and control every single aspect yourself for all teams. Then play each game and try to get specific teams to win. To me, that is just wayyyyy to involved and would suck any enjoyment out of the game.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
MVP

ya I know I can't manually injure players but I can put them down the depth chart and I am more concerned about making sure the team I am playing with, the Bears, and their opponents have accurate depth charts for our games. I do, however, want each team to have their actual teams in tact but unfortunately as I said above, the teams seem to start making their own moves during preseason even with full 32 team control...unless there is a setting I am missing
Old 11-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #4
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9

What might work is cut everyone's roster down to 53, turn preseason injuries off, and then add players to there correct teams as injuries occur during the season.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
MVP

Hmm that might work. I might try it over the weekend. Is there a way to sim an individual game rather than set the full week to advance and sim every game at once?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2014, 11:26 PM   #6
Banned

cpic1's Arena

OVR: 1

Realism and Madden don't belong in the same sentence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2014, 11:46 PM   #7
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9

U hit the nail on the head with that statement. I wish they'd clue in to what mlb the show offers as far as realism.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:50 AM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

You would have to do 32 team control, turn off all automation and control every single aspect yourself for all teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »