Home

Upgrading the Secondary in CFM

This is a discussion on Upgrading the Secondary in CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2014, 01:36 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Upgrading the Secondary in CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasto
What has been your experience with safeties intercepting the ball? I almost always play as D line or LB because I find they can't get off blocks unless I control them and my corners will occasionally pick the ball but my safety tandem of Clinton Dix and Vaccaro almost never does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In our league, (me, cloudfuel, and another guy) Haha led the league in picks this season and Vaccaro has 15 in three seasons with 8 last season.

2020: 52-39
Old 12-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
In our league, (me, cloudfuel, and another guy) Haha led the league in picks this season and Vaccaro has 15 in three seasons with 8 last season.

Haha well it's good to hear they have the ability. Are you putting them in certain coverages or anything? I will say on the rare occasion I sim games, Vaccarro always seems to get a pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #19
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

I've never seen my SS/FS get more than 8 in a season, but then again most of the time they are in deep coverage and my pass rush doesn't allow a lot of time for the routes deep to develop (or when the rush doesn't get there the guy is wide open or completely covered).

My CBs tend to make the majority of the picks (usually 8+ per season), but I also tend to lead the league in sacks... so again.. not as much time to throw.

There have been a few games, however, where my FS/SS will get a couple picks in the game (odd formations where they are down in medium coverage and/or long bomb attempts).

The biggest difference I've seen is having CTH & PRC up. As long as they are decent in ZCV (75+) and somewhat fast (85+) then they are usually able to keep up well, but having CTH/PRC in 85+ range will make them jump off their assignment and go make a play.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:09 PM   #20
Rookie

Fixxer's Arena

I have Stehon Gilmore up to 90 play recognition 84 awarness and Cory Graham has 90 awarness and 90 play recognition Gilmore has 94 zone and graham has 96 zone (confidence modified) Gilmore has 1 pick and Graham has 2 going into week 9 smh what am I doing wrong I just bought the agressive catch trait for both of them but haven't played to see if it makes a difference. Does schemes you set for your Cbs effect performance?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »