Home

Is there a fix for the sack issue?

This is a discussion on Is there a fix for the sack issue? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2014, 02:05 AM   #17
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Is there a fix for the sack issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12
Well, this is just sad then.
Please listen, EA. There IS a problem, and all the different sliders in the world aren't fixing it. Editing rosters provides no relief. As someone else said, it's a programming issue. I never say something is broken, but the CPU QB AI is completely broken in this game.
I hate the word "broken" because that implies "unplayable" which I don't think this is. I know you feel that way but I'm not seeing the same things you guys are. What sliders are you using? Let's see if we can at least troubleshoot part of the problem...

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 12-04-2014, 02:22 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 32
Is there a fix for the sack issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
I hate the word "broken" because that implies "unplayable" which I don't think this is. I know you feel that way but I'm not seeing the same things you guys are. What sliders are you using? Let's see if we can at least troubleshoot part of the problem...

Really the only thing I have touched is the CPU PB slider (both ways - I've put it at 0 like others have suggested, I've put it at 30, 50, 75, 100 - nothing helps). I've messed with the IG slider... Speed threshold... Honestly, I've touched minimal sliders and have tried what seems like EVERYTHING that the community has suggested. I've tried editing a roster with different QB traits... But nothing helps. I've tried many of the slider sets.

To me, it is broken, because when I'm on D I'm not having fun. I've restarted games where I've had eight or nine sacks in the first half. When the opposing QB's passing yardage stats differ by 70-100 yards compared to their team stats, there is a problem.

I play on All Pro because like I said, I'm not very good. All Pro is a good place for me because it's challenging in all other facets of the game. I'm not ashamed to admit that I am not good enough for All Madden, but even when I tried, sacks were still an issue.

Unplayable is a word I despise, too. But it's getting there. It really is. I've been at OS for years, and many can attest to the fact that I'm not an incessant complainer. But this has been brutal.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 21

Anyone who things there is no sack issue, or believes that it is caused by human "cheesing" somehow is just not in touch with reality.

The bottom line, as 95% of the folks here have said, is that the QB AI is not strong enough to make the right decisions on when to get rid of the ball when pressured. It seems as if at times they do, but then there are times when they appear brain dead.

And yes..no amount of slider tweaking fixes this. You can make it happen a bit less frequently, but 10-15 sack games are still the norm and to be honest, it just looks stupid when it happens on the field. The QB just stands there and could be looking straight at a rushing lineman or LB and just holds the ball.

Come on EA...PLEASE get this fixed in a patch! Enough people here are seeing and saying the same thing.

C
Old 12-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #20
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Are you sure that threshold 0 isn't making your defenders that much faster than the slow o-linemen?

What type of sacks are you getting? Off blitzes or the stupid QB not throwing the ball away 10 second in the pocket sacks? Or is your line just getting through quick?
I am actually thinking of justing putting everything at default to be honest with you. I have no idea if 0 Speed Threshold is making guys get off blocks quicker but I felt like I saw a huge number of sacks when i tried it at 50 to.

Even with the sack issues most of my games are competitive. I never really have guaranteed wins, the Bears have my number for some reason. The bottom line for me is that the game is still fun. I just have to be able to not worry about sacks and messed up stats so much and for the most part I have done that.

In my first season i was messing with sliders trying to many different things and it got annoying. I just wanted to play the game without worrying about that stuff and I have done that in season 2.

In answer too your second question I notice it mostly when the Qb just stands in the pocket and gets blown up. I have had games where I am getting lit up in the secondary so I start blitzing constantly and I still don't get a ton of sacks. I agree with someone else who said pocket passers are worse in regards to the sack issue.

I wish there was some clarity in regards to what causes it but I don't spend time looking at other teams confidence before I get big sack games or the ratings. I know most of my guys confidence is pretty high. I think it's too easy to get sky high confidence numbers but I don't know how much they affect the gameplay and i haven't heard the devs say how much it really does other than raising some ratings a few points.

My main wish is that they could figure out how to have the Qb throw the ball away a little bit more. Make some more of these sacks into some of the errant throws and it would clean up the issue with QB % as well.

Bottom line the game is still fun so i will keep playing it through football season and I would still consider getting the new one next year depending on what they bring to the table. I don't buy the game at release anyway so i can wait to hear things, good or bad.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Changing the QB's tendencies works the best IMHO. Have to make sure that: Throw pass away=YES and pocket pressure to paranoid or trigger happy. It doesnt eliminate the issue but it definitely helps. especially if you make the other changes in combination with this (IG, pass blocking etc.). Again, not going to fix it completely but, it helps. Also, EA ended up saying that they know the issue but, it is not a simple fix and cannot be fixed with a single patch. My issue with that is, it wasnt a problem last year so, this issue was introduced within the last cycle. I am confident it will be better next year but, with EA, something else will go wrong. Madden = wack-a-mole
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #22
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm playing on All-Madden and not having this problem at all. Is it just on All-Pro?
Old 12-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #23
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue12
I'm playing on All-Madden and not having this problem at all. Is it just on All-Pro?
It's definitely better on All Madden, but the reason is because most of the CPU receivers are too wide open because the USER pass cpoverage is dumbed down.

This is the other part of the issue. It's either fix the sliders to get better pass coverage, but then the idiot CPU QB takes sacks all day, or dumb down the USER pass defense and out comes ROBO QB.

I solved the problem by going back to M25. I'd rather deal with wind not working and some silly CPU roster moves than the stupidity of M15.

And for the guy that hates using the word "broken" because it implies that the game is unplayable well, it's broken and unplayable.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #24
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Here's the thing, I don't dispute that the there is an issue to some degree. But, if I have two league running nearly default sliders on All-Pro and only 2 or 3 teams are having this issue then why is that? Everybody is not having the same problem, so what is the difference?

I've watched dozens of my leagues games to try and found out what causes the few players that do have unrealistically high sacks and found the following:

A. Guys are using the D-line and have become too good with it and are getting easy sacks.

B. Guys with good D-lines are usering LBs or safeties and taking away open receivers leading to more sacks.

C. Guys are using plays like Wide 9 or contain which get an inordinate amount of sacks compared to other plays and no spread d-line plays.

So, for those that are having an issue with 10 sacks a game, are you doing any of those 3 things? If not, then it must be a slider issue because I am just not seeing it. Of course, team plays a role too. With the Vikings I may get 4 sacks per game. With the Bills I get 6 or 7. But, again, most of those come when either in a spread d-line or contain defense or when I just manually take away the only open receiver and the QB holds the ball for a sack

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »