Home

Is there a fix for the sack issue?

This is a discussion on Is there a fix for the sack issue? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #33
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is there a fix for the sack issue?

This issue has little to do with user skill or otherwise as, as I have previously stated , it is obvious in CPU vs CPU games on every slider setting I have tried ( over 100 games and all teams
Whilst I would not say the game is broken , it is faulty
This has been an issue previous years with CPU QB AI being poorly programmed resulting before in too many sacks by LEs AND DTs but could be somewhat mitigated as the PB slider did have an impact on CPU VS CPU interactions , not so in M15
Old 12-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #34
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Majesty95..how much is a "bazillon"? Because in just about every slider post each slider marker attempts to combat this issue..prior to this tread in the general forum there was many about sacks being an issue...now ur not seeing it..I wish I wasn't..CPU QB programming is the issue as even you stated..it's like any thing..a matter of opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 12-04-2014, 11:39 PM   #35

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
I think some of you guys are having trouble seeing the trees through the fog. Yes, we have user leagues but we have 18 guys in one and 12 in the other. So a LARGE portion of our games are user vs CPU.
No one is struggling to see the mythical "trees through the fog."

Many have asked for details and until now you never gave anyone details. No real reason to get condescending about it.

Feel free to be a bit more detailed in your explanations in the future if you don't want people to ask questions when you very well know people are talking about user vs. cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2014, 12:29 AM   #36
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

That's the problem with print, you can't tell tone. I wasn't being condescending. I was saying people were losing sight of what I was trying to establish. But "everyone" thinks nothing can be done so I will just keep playing my less broken copy and enjoying the game

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 12-05-2014, 01:06 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

So, the final verdict is that there is no fix?
I've tried everything as far as sliders are concerned and have had no luck. Which is sad because otherwise this is a very enjoyable game. Unfortunately, in this one man's opinion, 8+ sacks a game does indeed render the game unplayable, and therefore, broken.
However, like many of you, I have noticed that "lesser" QBs play better. I just played against Sam Bradford and he sort of tore me apart. He threw balls away, scrambled appropriately when necessary and always seemed to get rid of the ball right before getting hit. Sometimes, those passes where errant, causing him to have a reasonable completion %. In the end I only sacked him once. With my sliders, I've seen the same against guys like Glennon, Hoyer and Locker. Games like those are so amazing and challenging that it makes it that much more unbearable when the next time out you sack a guy like Brees or Rodgers 8-10 times. They are just a glimpse of what this game COULD be.
The thing is, what all those QBs have in common is certain Traits like Oblivious or Trigger Happy for Sense Pressure or Yes for Throws Ball Away. What I'm curious about is whether anyone has had success with editing the rosters. I've read elsewhere that it works, although the deeper you get in to your CFM the problem will re-emerge with CPU generated players. But, from what I've read in this thread, even that doesn't work. I was about to try it and restart my Franchise but if anyone can save me the time by letting me know if it actually works or not, it would be much appreciated.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:22 AM   #38
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringeelement
So, the final verdict is that there is no fix?
I've tried everything as far as sliders are concerned and have had no luck. Which is sad because otherwise this is a very enjoyable game. Unfortunately, in this one man's opinion, 8+ sacks a game does indeed render the game unplayable, and therefore, broken.
However, like many of you, I have noticed that "lesser" QBs play better. I just played against Sam Bradford and he sort of tore me apart. He threw balls away, scrambled appropriately when necessary and always seemed to get rid of the ball right before getting hit. Sometimes, those passes where errant, causing him to have a reasonable completion %. In the end I only sacked him once. With my sliders, I've seen the same against guys like Glennon, Hoyer and Locker. Games like those are so amazing and challenging that it makes it that much more unbearable when the next time out you sack a guy like Brees or Rodgers 8-10 times. They are just a glimpse of what this game COULD be.
The thing is, what all those QBs have in common is certain Traits like Oblivious or Trigger Happy for Sense Pressure or Yes for Throws Ball Away. What I'm curious about is whether anyone has had success with editing the rosters. I've read elsewhere that it works, although the deeper you get in to your CFM the problem will re-emerge with CPU generated players. But, from what I've read in this thread, even that doesn't work. I was about to try it and restart my Franchise but if anyone can save me the time by letting me know if it actually works or not, it would be much appreciated.

If most certainly helps editing traits..is it a complete fix no..but much much better..the long term effects with rookie QB's is an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 12-05-2014, 02:52 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks man. I appreciate the info. Guess I'll give it a try. What a pain in the butt, though.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:28 AM   #40
Just started!

I mean a sure fire way to drastically tame them down?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »