Home

Is Madden 15 buyable now?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 15 buyable now? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

As someone who for the first time passed on buying Madden at all this go around have any of the game-killing (yes, I understand that can be subjective) issues been resolved in the numerous patches and updates so far? Please forgive me for not pouring through all the threads and posts. If I can get this game on sale or even after the superbowl I'm considering it.

Madden has become an afterthought for me

Edit: I clicked on one thread and read just one post and it answered the question for me. Nevermind. Carry on.

Last edited by speedkills; 12-06-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Madden 15 buyable now?

Remember, people's opinions are based off a combination of their expectations and perspectives, at least in regards to this particular game in relation to the NFL.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:49 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

I have one major issue with this game; it is a big one and a game breaker. That issue is the USER pass defense, specifically man coverage. It is broken... It doesn't matter the team, player, or settings. The CPU receivers are always wide open, so if you like frustrating games, then this is the game for you.

If they can fix this issue, then "buy able" it is as it is OK. If they don't, or won't, then leave it on the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SECElit3; 12-07-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:58 AM   #4
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

God no, this year is a pass. I actually just traded the game in yesterday. If you do buy it prepare to average 8 sacks a game and have the CPU pass for 90% against you. That is the reality there is no pass defense, its either a sack or a completion. Prepare to spend hours tweaking sliders that you don't even know what they do, just to get the same results...And I swear to GOD anyone who posts below me saying anything other than that is a God damn liar.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

Let me put it this way...a tired cliche but true nonetheless.

You know when you finally date that gorgeous girl who you have been lusting after for a while, and you find yourself in bed with her? Me either.

But imagine this...she looked great coming and going...a real knockout. With long hair, eyes that melt you, and curves to die for. But when you start to get real close...you find she has no clue on what she is doing!

You end up with a non-responsive cold fish who didn't want her hair messed up and never took all those rings off her fingers which left you with another "sensitive" problem.

It's not worth all the work you have to put into it for little or no return.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #6
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Best Madden ever, despite the problems.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
Best Madden ever, despite the problems.
Maybe, best madden on "next gen", but as far as all time madden '05 on the Xbox was the best. Wish they'd just update the rosters and graphics on that and rerelease. By comparison this year's is just alright.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #8
Rookie

WingWest36's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
I have one major issue with this game; it is a big one and a game breaker. That issue is the USER pass defense, specifically man coverage. It is broken... It doesn't matter the team, player, or settings. The CPU receivers are always wide open, so if you like frustrating games, then this is the game for you.

If they can fix this issue, then "buy able" it is as it is OK. If they don't, or won't, then leave it on the shelf.
I have to agree with SECElit3 100%. It seems that Man Coverage (no matter how high the attribute rating) virtually does not exist based off of the many games I've played. Also, the coverage adjustments (Inside, outside in particular) do not seem to be effective for coverage as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »