Home

I've never experienced anything quite like this.....

This is a discussion on I've never experienced anything quite like this..... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #49
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: I've never experienced anything quite like this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
The title isn't negative. Had it been, I wouldn't have wasted my time reading the thread. The reason I did read it was the last poster was rushinplayallgame, someone who has done some stellar analysis of Madden 15 (unlike the "madden is so broken" chorus). Note I have not said one word in defense of Madden in this thread. I merely pointed out the falseness of a statement that 1) all sports games are equally challenging to abstract, model, and program; 2) contradicted the opinion that The Show is an ideal sports video game; and 3) questioned GaintBlue's motivation for making two statements that I regard as obviously false. You may be right about Madden being built on a decrepit foundation. Since I haven't seen the code or how it is organized, I have no way of knowing. But what I don't understand is if you really think so, why you waste time here, instead trying to make a different game, better game. That's something, as opposed to propagandizing, I would have respect for.
To the bold portions, I stated thread title AND/OR OP(opening post), both of which I usually read before posting in a thread but to each their own. Also I don't "waste much time here" anymore since I have come to the conclusion that's what posting about Madden MOSTLY is, a waste of time. I emphasized "mostly" because there are instances, like in this case, when I just post for discussion sake, to mark time. Lastly I couldn't care less about garnering the respect of random people on the internet about my POV of a video game and nor should anyone else, imo. lol
Old 12-22-2014, 12:37 AM   #50
Banned

cpic1's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
If attacking you is pointing out the repetitive nature of your Madden posts and what is in my view incorrect information, then I am guilty. I most definitely have not attacked you personally. I find your behavior in preaching the message of a broken game and a broken development team to be annoying and distracting (if the goal is a better game). What does how long I've been here matter? You boast of playing football games since the early 80s? I've been playing football, and playing and making football, games since the early 50s. My only agenda is to make the best I can of a Madden I wish were far different and had far fewer loose ends. I don't see you trying to do that. I see you trying to recruit others to your point of view, which is that Madden and its development team are completely, hopelessly broken. If I believed that, I would find another football game to play, even if I had to make it myself with pencil and paper.

That's just the thing. There isn't another football game to play. They have the sole rights, and IMO thats why they have become lazy. They have no competition so they can put out a flawed game and people will still buy it because it's the only football game. They have no reason to work hard at improving the game because a competitor isn't going take sales away from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2014, 12:57 AM   #51
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpic1
That's just the thing. There isn't another football game to play. They have the sole rights, and IMO thats why they have become lazy. They have no competition so they can put out a flawed game and people will still buy it because it's the only football game. They have no reason to work hard at improving the game because a competitor isn't going take sales away from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then go make a game.

Duh!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2014, 06:41 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 32

I will say this. No matter how hard I try, I just can't get into this game post patch. I just can't place it. I was tremendously enjoying it, then the patch hit, and it became a completely different game.

Does anyone feel the same way? So in reference to the title of the OP's thread, "I've never experienced anything like this" for me, the patch changed it all. I've never had a patch take me completely out of a game before.

Funny thing is that I can't place what it is they changed, that I don't like. They had it right with patch 1 and even more so, with patch 2. Now, the game is extremely painful to play. I've tried tweaking sliders and manipulating ratings, but I just can't figure it out.

The defense just seems so dumbed down. It feels so much like 13 now.

Last edited by SECElit3; 12-22-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #53
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Anybody with any hope for this franchise, just give it up. It's never going to be what you want. Just watch the NFL and move on. There are so many other games worth your time if you're truly a gamer. This game will never provide the depth or realism most people from this site are looking for. If you can't enjoy it now, you never will. I've decided to give up, wish more could join me.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 12-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #54
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by erich20012001
Then go make a game.

Duh!
I know right, you don't like the way your favorite team's stars are playing, go become a professional athlete, fed up with the decisions in the front office, go become a GM, frustrated with the quality of your traditional automobile brand, go build your own, etc. Definitely don't go on forums about those things to discuss it, that's not what they're for, according to some.

All the other issues with the game aside, I have been asking for years why the Madden dev teams seem unwilling to provide some factory preset setting they feel plays the most realistic, then label that setting "simulation". Other games do it and it seems to me that would be a solid baseline for those looking for that type of gaming experience. We have been told before that it's because realism in gameplay is subjective, as if that's a good excuse, considering all the other subjective things they give us in game. For all the rhetoric this current team has spouted about realism being a priority, they still have yet to offer such a setting either.

Think about how contradictory it is for them to constantly tout realism as a priority yet fail to provide a basic simulation or whatever titled setting, that the creators of the game feel offers the most realistic experience. That's crazy and what's even crazier is when asked about why x isn't more realistic, ie penalties, the response is something along the lines of "not everyone finds realism in that area fun". Well, that's exactly what settings/options are for, so everyone can choose what they find fun, so why doesn't a game claiming to be striving for realism have a setting or option for it? Finally, the craziest part is many of the options that are provided to achieve realism don't even work properly, if at all, ie sliders.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 4

Some will try to defend madden by saying that ea made it that way intentionally, or that ultimate team was their focus. Yet, that goes against what EA has claimed, saying that Madden is a simulation football game. They have been making bad games since 06, well before ultimate team existed, so I think it's more likely that they can't make a sim football game.

And everywhere I look, sim league here, no cheese league there, mature players only league...where are all these people that supposedly don't want a realistic, functioning football game that actually plays sim as the 'improvements' that ea itself have claimed not only with this game, but previous games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 12:30 AM   #56
Just started!

OVR: 0

Apparently there is a point in business where a corporation actually gets too big to care...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »