Home

Need help with player progression

This is a discussion on Need help with player progression within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need help with player progression

I have been using MUT since madden came out and just joined a league that uses CFM.

I am looking for some tips in developing players. I have a rookie QB with superstar development. I seem to be having issues getting XP from games even when i throw 3 TD's and 250 yards. What is the best way to improve players and do players automatically grow in the off season or does everything come from player progress?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Need help with player progression

everything comes from XP
Old 12-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
Rookie

what are some tips on how to grow players quickly?
Old 12-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
Rookie

There are a number of "best practices" I have found.

1. Do game prep (Have the coach do it, don't do drills): to use your qb for example with his superstar dev, depending on what his consistency is he will earn 700-1100 xp for each 10 hour session. If you focused on just him with the standard 35 hrs of game prep, you could earn approximately 3000xp a week just from game prep.

2. Buy coach upgrades: you can purchase specific upgrades for your coach so players at that position earn extra xp from game prep. If you purchased the upgrade (about 5500 coach experience) for your QB he would start to earn 1100-1400 xp per game prep session depending on his consistency.

3. Milestones/Goals: Look at your milestones and goals for your players and try to achieve them. Whether it is passing for 300 yards, 5 tds, winning rookie of the year, etc. Milestones and goals can lead to massive bonuses of XP.

4. Spend wisely: if you have a quick dev rookie, it is definitely worth it to save up the 13,000-15,000 xp to unlock superstar dev. This can also be said if you have a rookie who has amazing physical traits but only normal dev it may be worth it to try and save up to get up to superstar because physical traits are so expensive you will never be able to build up another player's much, even if he is superstar dev.

Be patient and spend on traits/attributes that are important to your style of play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Do everything the guy above me said. #4 if you are only playing one or 2 seasons it may not be worth it, but if you are in it for multiple seasons then it definitely pays off to upgrade. I would also raise the consistency stat as well, as it also aides with development (especially at SuperStar dev it is also worth it to raise consistency)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »