Home

Can We Ban the Use of the Term "BROKEN?"

This is a discussion on Can We Ban the Use of the Term "BROKEN?" within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Can We Ban the Use of the Term "BROKEN?"

For those of you that use this term, please go to your system, pull out the game and snap it in half. Then you will truly have a "broken" game. And that's probably what you deserve.

Is this game perfect? No. Does it have flaws? Absolutely. It is "broken?" Absolutely not.

Honestly, once I see the use of this word in a post, I generally quit reading immediately. I know this person lacks the ability to be objective and rational. The problem is, a large portion of this user base does not possess problem solving skills to truly identify real issues and offer insight into improving them. This term is just seen, used and abused until a large portion of this group tends to believe it is so.

Personally, I would like to see anyone who uses this term banned from the site. I don't think they will be able to offer anything tangible anyways. However, banning the word from use would suffice. We are all here to talk about the game and many to talk about how to make it better. Starting off a conversation by saying a perfectly good, working game is "broken" serves none of those purposes.

So let's all unite in ridding this community of this offensive and vulgar term. Peace and prosperity unite!

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Branchurian's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can We Ban the Use of the Term "BROKEN?"

You work for EA bro?
Old 12-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

How about we go with the fact that the EA slogan of, "if it's in the game..." is misleading, and in some respects an outright lie.

Example of a lie - penalties that are in the NFL are not present/called in Madden....

Actually, "Broken" can be a proper term for the game...

"bro·ken adjective \ˈbrō-kən\
: separated into parts or pieces by being hit, damaged, etc.

: not working properly

: not kept or honored"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/broken

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-08-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
For those of you that use this term, please go to your system, pull out the game and snap it in half. Then you will truly have a "broken" game. And that's probably what you deserve.

Is this game perfect? No. Does it have flaws? Absolutely. It is "broken?" Absolutely not.

Honestly, once I see the use of this word in a post, I generally quit reading immediately. I know this person lacks the ability to be objective and rational. The problem is, a large portion of this user base does not possess problem solving skills to truly identify real issues and offer insight into improving them. This term is just seen, used and abused until a large portion of this group tends to believe it is so.

Personally, I would like to see anyone who uses this term banned from the site. I don't think they will be able to offer anything tangible anyways. However, banning the word from use would suffice. We are all here to talk about the game and many to talk about how to make it better. Starting off a conversation by saying a perfectly good, working game is "broken" serves none of those purposes.

So let's all unite in ridding this community of this offensive and vulgar term. Peace and prosperity unite!
In reference to your post, the definition of broken:

not functioning properly;

Some synonyms: Defective, crippled.

I would say that this game is definitely "broken" in some regards. User pass defense is definitely "defective". The sack issue is due to "broken" programming. Are you really OK with this effort?
Old 12-08-2014, 07:07 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

No we cannot ban the word as it has too many practical purposes (not the first time it's been requested) and I don't see this thread going anywhere good so I'm going to close it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »