Home

Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

This is a discussion on Easiest way to scout Dev trait? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-15-2014, 02:30 PM   #73
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabig2715
Do you guys wait to scout until the offseason like it has been stated in other threads?

Always. Always, scout in season. Scouting in season ensures you can scout all the story line players. Make sure to keep a notepad laying around to write down the names of the players who either get injured or suspended in their college seasons.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #74
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
Always. Always, scout in season. Scouting in season ensures you can scout all the story line players. Make sure to keep a notepad laying around to write down the names of the players who either get injured or suspended in their college seasons.
What happens if a player gets suspend? How does it affect him in madden?

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 12-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #75
Rookie

Icon14 Re: Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I understand. I scout physical. If it's not an A, devlopment is limited anyway. Then intangible. If it is a B or C the player can be great. Then awareness. The lower the awareness the better the player can become. Since he is b or c intangible, with low awareness that means his other intangibles are good. This method doesn't reveal the development trait but it reveals players that will develop very well if they get playing time and game planning xp.
Basically this ^

Dev trait is not the say all, end all of whether a player will become a stud. I know. I've turned a slow dev guy into a unique league-stud talent. The base you need and should really look for is Physical. Why?.. Because you will spend the same to get two points of speed, that you would to increase a guys Dev trait from normal to Superstar. Don't worry about Dev trait, just increase it asap.

As lasto said a page or two ago: "I've spent a ton of time on this", that doesn't need to be the case. Like the people with their spreadsheets and algorithms to evaluate talent, there is just toooo much time and effort wasted trying to decrypt these draft pick,,, it doesn't have to be sooo difficult or time consuming. I promise you. I spend 15 minutes scouting players on week 17, and I'm ready to absolutely own the upcoming draft.

For small example, in my last draft(year 2021) I drafted for four teams(I had two, then added two of the leagues bottom-dwellers, to rebuild them)...

I had pick #'s 2, 5, 31 & 32 in each of the rounds and just by scouting basically two or three attributes at each position(none for Tight Ends, I have a way to get the studs from TEs), I scouted basically every player in the draft and ended up getting every single stud or potential stud in the draft, save for two(the only reason I didn't get those two was because they went 15th and 21st in the 1st round, in the middle of my 26 pick lull, otherwise I had them targeted/pegged as studs and would have picked them next anyway).

The key is potential, and Dev trait doesn't factor into it at all(or very little, if any)... Speed, accel and Hit Power(for defense) does, though. I'd tell you all more of my scouting tricks, but then I'd have to off you. (-_o)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthboundMysfit
Basically this ^

Dev trait is not the say all, end all of whether a player will become a stud. I know. I've turned a slow dev guy into a unique league-stud talent. The base you need and should really look for is Physical. Why?.. Because you will spend the same to get two points of speed, that you would to increase a guys Dev trait from normal to Superstar. Don't worry about Dev trait, just increase it asap.

As lasto said a page or two ago: "I've spent a ton of time on this", that doesn't need to be the case. Like the people with their spreadsheets and algorithms to evaluate talent, there is just toooo much time and effort wasted trying to decrypt these draft pick,,, it doesn't have to be sooo difficult or time consuming. I promise you. I spend 15 minutes scouting players on week 17, and I'm ready to absolutely own the upcoming draft.

For small example, in my last draft(year 2021) I drafted for four teams(I had two, then added two of the leagues bottom-dwellers, to rebuild them)...

I had pick #'s 2, 5, 31 & 32 in each of the rounds and just by scouting basically two or three attributes at each position(none for Tight Ends, I have a way to get the studs from TEs), I scouted basically every player in the draft and ended up getting every single stud or potential stud in the draft, save for two(the only reason I didn't get those two was because they went 15th and 21st in the 1st round, in the middle of my 26 pick lull, otherwise I had them targeted/pegged as studs and would have picked them next anyway).

The key is potential, and Dev trait doesn't factor into it at all(or very little, if any)... Speed, accel and Hit Power(for defense) does, though. I'd tell you all more of my scouting tricks, but then I'd have to off you. (-_o)

How do you scout TEs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #77
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
What happens if a player gets suspend? How does it affect him in madden?

He disappears from the draft board until the end of the season. Sometimes they don't show back up on the board until right before the draft. With that being said if you don't write down there name you will probably forget about them. I always write the names down and ensure to scout them prior to the start of the draft if I can.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:34 AM   #78
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
He disappears from the draft board until the end of the season. Sometimes they don't show back up on the board until right before the draft. With that being said if you don't write down there name you will probably forget about them. I always write the names down and ensure to scout them prior to the start of the draft if I can.
Are the storyline players usually some of the best players?

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 12-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #79
Rookie

Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

Quote:

For me they have been bad, but I am sure it's not the same for everyone. For example, anytime you hear that a player has switched positions say from o line to d line, they might have superstar dev, but will come out rated around a 15 Ovr. The OP of the comment probably has more insight but I will say I have had a few storyline players the game basically lies about. There was a safety they said had one of the fastest 40 times and scouts were saying how great of a lock down man corner he would be, turns our his speed was 85... So be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Sometimes. If you do your scouting right before the draft they will be there though. So no reason to scout during season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »