Home

Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

This is a discussion on Easiest way to scout Dev trait? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-10-2014, 03:28 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

Hi guys, long time creeper here and this is my 1st post. I wanted to share with ya'll what strategy I use in scouting.

First, I sort all players by age 20 to 24. Then I scout the players that only fit my scheme or bpa.

The only, only attribute I scout is Intangible and I only scout it once for 25 points.

"B" is always a 78-84+ Overall.
"C" is always a 71-79 and sometimes in the low 80's.

Sometimes I scout the dev trait but only when seeking a cornerstone for my team like a QB, LT etc.

The last draft I had yielded 3 players above 80 and the rest in mid to high 70's.

When scouting Intangibles, don't scout it more than once.

Test this strategy ASAP and post your personal experience. I'd almost guarantee you will thanking me when you find that 83 overall Pass Blocking RT in the 6th round.

Let me know what happens,

James
Old 12-10-2014, 03:31 AM   #10
Rookie

Hi guys, long time creeper here and this is my 1st post. I wanted to share with ya'll what strategy I use in scouting.

First, I sort all players by age 20 to 24. Then I scout the players that only fit my scheme or bpa.

The only, only attribute I scout is Intangible and I only scout it once for 25 points.

Sometimes I scout the dev trait but only when seeking a cornerstone for my team like a QB, LT etc.

The last draft I had yielded 3 players above 80 and the rest in mid to high 70's.

Test this strategy ASAP and post your personal experience. I'd almost guarantee you will thanking me when you find that 21 year old, 83 Overall Pass Blocking RT in the 6th round.

James
Old 12-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #11
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Ill try that James, when intangibiles are high, does that mean awarness is also high?

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHV

Test this strategy ASAP and post your personal experience. I'd almost guarantee you will thanking me when you find that 83 overall Pass Blocking RT in the 6th round.

James

I have not tried this, but will post my results tonight. My only argument against this is that you might get a high overall that is pumped up by awareness but not the traits you are looking for. For example, if I scout an RB and he has a B intangibles I might think that is good but if he has B speed and B accel he is pretty much worthless to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #13
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96CFrank
Could you specify on this? Like is it higher the personally the higher the development? At what #s does it kick in? Like does it take 80 personality to = what development level?

From my personal experience.....I scout their personality trait and if it is a B they generally have at least "quick" development. If its an A......they usually have "Superstar" dev. My best advice would be to run some trial franchises. I feel sure you won't be disappointed using my method. Nice thread btw. I am going to go try some of the other ideas given in this thread. They also look like good recommendations.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #14
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHV

James
James is absolutely correct. I have a spreadsheet that I made and use to scout players, but have also tested the 'intangible' theory since so many on the Madden subreddit swear by it.

Here are the pros & cons I've found with this method -

PROS:

* 'B' intangible is a GUARANTEED top player of the draft
* 'C' intangible is a mix of decent/good/great players
* To scout Intangible only costs 25 SP.. so it can be cheaper than scouting 3-4+ traits per player.

CONS:

* There are usually VERY few 'B' intangible players and you have to drop 25 SP on every player you scout until you find the 'B's.
* While 'D' intangible means the player is absolute trash, the 'C' intangible players could be anywhere from decent (70 OVR w/ low AWR & ok traits) to fantastic (79 OVR w/ decent AWR & fantastic traits + high DEV)... but there's no way to know which ones are which with just the intangible method.

I personally prefer my method (which always yields a mix of highly rated legit players, high dev players, and medium rated players that just need a few areas to be increase to become fantastic).

My method is to have a requirement trait per position that I scout. This requirement trait must be an A (or B for some positions) in order for me to scout further. For example... I will scout all QBs for their THP (throw power) and if it is an A I will then scout their SAC/MAC/DAC & SPD. If the THP is a B, I stop and disregard that player. This costs 10 SP per QB so I save 15 SP per QB (over the intangible method) who doesn't have an A in THP. This usually clears out 70% of the QBs and then I can either scout all 3 accuracies (10 SP a piece) or intangible (which is just a combination of these 3 plus things like Play action and throw on run) for 25 SP. I also use this method for DL (STR must be an A), RB (SPD must be an A), WR/TE (CIT must be a B), CB (SPD must be an A), etc.

I scout more in depth on the players I'm interested in and give value (with the spreadsheet tool I have) to each player for their scouted traits and then weigh them based on what I deem important/costly.... this then gives the players a raw number and I can use that to compare who is not only the best per position... but the best overall in the draft.

Yes, definitely more in-depth and time consuming.. but I like how it feels authentic when I find the gems every draft.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudFuel
James is absolutely correct. I have a spreadsheet that I made and use to scout players, but have also tested the 'intangible' theory since so many on the Madden subreddit swear by it.

Here are the pros & cons I've found with this method -

PROS:

* 'B' intangible is a GUARANTEED top player of the draft

* 'C' intangible is a mix of decent/good/great players

* To scout Intangible only costs 25 SP.. so it can be cheaper than scouting 3-4+ traits per player.

CONS:

* There are usually VERY few 'B' intangible players and you have to drop 25 SP on every player you scout until you find the 'B's.

* While 'D' intangible means the player is absolute trash, the 'C' intangible players could be anywhere from decent (70 OVR w/ low AWR & ok traits) to fantastic (79 OVR w/ decent AWR & fantastic traits + high DEV)... but there's no way to know which ones are which with just the intangible method.

I personally prefer my method (which always yields a mix of highly rated legit players, high dev players, and medium rated players that just need a few areas to be increase to become fantastic).

My method is to have a requirement trait per position that I scout. This requirement trait must be an A (or B for some positions) in order for me to scout further. For example... I will scout all QBs for their THP (throw power) and if it is an A I will then scout their SAC/MAC/DAC & SPD. If the THP is a B, I stop and disregard that player. This costs 10 SP per QB so I save 15 SP per QB (over the intangible method) who doesn't have an A in THP. This usually clears out 70% of the QBs and then I can either scout all 3 accuracies (10 SP a piece) or intangible (which is just a combination of these 3 plus things like Play action and throw on run) for 25 SP. I also use this method for DL (STR must be an A), RB (SPD must be an A), WR/TE (CIT must be a B), CB (SPD must be an A), etc.

I scout more in depth on the players I'm interested in and give value (with the spreadsheet tool I have) to each player for their scouted traits and then weigh them based on what I deem important/costly.... this then gives the players a raw number and I can use that to compare who is not only the best per position... but the best overall in the draft.

Yes, definitely more in-depth and time consuming.. but I like how it feels authentic when I find the gems every draft.

Do you have your own scouting tool or do you use the one posted here by JRT2006? If you have your own, would you mind sharing it?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #16
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasto
Do you have your own scouting tool or do you use the one posted here by JRT2006? If you have your own, would you mind sharing it?

I use my own. I had started my own before stumbling upon JRT2006's tool and since it was so highly touted,I stopped tweaking my own and used his for awhile. I enjoyed it, but ran into some issues when trying to tweak it and get away from the required balancing that he put in place. I tried messaging him but haven't got a response, so I went back to my own and have been tweaking ever since.

It's not as user friendly as his is, so if you shoot me a PM with your email I can send it over to you and maybe you can try it out and give me suggestions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »