Home

Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

This is a discussion on Easiest way to scout Dev trait? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
Ill try that James, when intangibiles are high, does that mean awarness is also high?
Not necessarily on the "C" rated players, but in my case I use the Tampa 2 defense (Bucs Fan) and if I find a FS that fits my scheme and is a "C" intangible, I'll scout the Development and Consistency traits once each. Keep in mind, I will only scout the Dev trait if I'm absolutely positive the guy fits my scheme and is already a "C" intangible. This process will cost me roughly 540 scouting points but will usually produce a Tampa 2 Free Safety that has a trait of either Zone or Playmaker, whom is 22 or younger and is rated a 76ovr. Bonus? I don't have to draft him until the 4th round because he was predicted to go in 6th.

Hope this helps a bit.

James
Old 12-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #18
Rookie

TopperStu3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHV
Not necessarily on the "C" rated players, but in my case I use the Tampa 2 defense (Bucs Fan) and if I find a FS that fits my scheme and is a "C" intangible, I'll scout the Development and Consistency traits once each. Keep in mind, I will only scout the Dev trait if I'm absolutely positive the guy fits my scheme and is already a "C" intangible. This process will cost me roughly 540 scouting points but will usually produce a Tampa 2 Free Safety that has a trait of either Zone or Playmaker, whom is 22 or younger and is rated a 76ovr. Bonus? I don't have to draft him until the 4th round because he was predicted to go in 6th.

Hope this helps a bit.

James
James, do you only scout the player's intangibles or do you also scout key attributes for each position? Trying to figure out a strategy.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopperStu3
James, do you only scout the player's intangibles or do you also scout key attributes for each position? Trying to figure out a strategy.
I scout only intangibles one time for each player that fits my scheme (Tampa 2/West Coast).

When I find 1-4 players I truly want/need I'll then scout Consistency and Awareness one time each.

If the player has an Intangible rating of C or better and a consistency and awareness of C/D, I'll then scout the development trait.

Do you guys know how to post pics? I have a few that follow a stud Safety I drafted in 4th rnd.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #20
Rookie

There are a few inconsistencies with using the Intangible strategy for late round guys.

For example ...

I've found that late round Oline guys with an Intangible of C and Consistency/Awareness of D/F will almost always be high 60's overall and not worth the pick.

Same goes for LB and WR.

However late round CB, FS, SS, DE, DT, TE, K and P are consistently rated 72+ overall without Awareness being the culprit for the high rating thus giving you an athlete to groom.

Today I drafted a projected 5th Rnd SS after scouting only his "B" Intangible, then his "C" Consistency, then his "C" Awareness. At this point I invested the 500 points for the Development Trait and he was Avg there. However he is 20 years old, fits my scheme as a Run Support SS and is an 83 Overall. Oh and I drafted him in the 4th Rnd.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #21
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Is intangibiles an actual skill?

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 10:49 PM   #22
Rookie

I think intangibles is a microcosm of his overall ability.

For those players you find with a "C" intangible need to be vetted by one-time scouting their awareness and consistency. If you find a guy with D/F awareness but a B/C consistency draft him bcuz he'll progress into a 85+ stud within roughly 1.5 seasons.

"B" Intangible is always, ALWAYS the best players in draft. 110% everytime.

Build your team by scouting "C" Intangibles, then look at their Awareness and Consistency traits. If you love a player or two, scout his Dev Trait (I only scout this expensive trait for cornerstone players E.I. QB, LT, RB etc.)

That's it, no need to scout anything else for studs.

However, I will one-time scout speed for WR and RB just see. I typically run a jump ball, quick slant offense so I have small need for 94+ speed ratings for WR and ONLY draft One Cut RB bcuz they always have 89-92 speed and excellent Vision.

The ONLY issue I have in my game, and I'm not sure if it's been discussed in other threads but I can't seem to progress DE's into the 90's. They always seem to hover between 84-88 Overall.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #23
Rookie

BTW guys,

I'm not in a league but have been a Franchise player since they introduced it back in Madden 99.

While this year's game has it's issues, I've made it to 2041 with the Bucs. I'm still in Raymond James Stadium and had as much as $360 million in funds (I'm down to $285m funds now after handing out a few resigning bonuses and stadium renovations).

I've won 9 Super Bowls and the QB I drafted in the 2015 draft played 17 years and won 6 Super Bowls, is in the HoF and had the highest Legend points until a RB from the Dolphins overtook him in 2039 season.

A few things I can say about this game in 2041 ...

1. No player records 10 sacks
2. The Raiders, Bills, Chargers, Cardinals and Bengals have all relocated, NONE to London lol.
3. PUNTERS F'ing SUCK!!! I play against punters who kick the ball 35 yards. That's Three-Five yards. It's horrible.
4. The teams that have stayed in original city like Seattle, Pittsburgh, Bears and a few more have all built some atrocious looking stadium from the default bank.
5. The CPU won't trade a Top-5 draft pick unless you trade them 3 top-25 picks in same draft.

Im sure I have more but can't think of any at the moment.

I hope I'm helping somebody
Old 12-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #24
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Has anyone seen an A intangible?

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets