Home

Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

This is a discussion on Easiest way to scout Dev trait? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #25
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
Is intangibiles an actual skill?
It's a combination of the player's intangibles (t. You have physical and intangible for every player.

EXAMPLE WR -

PHYSICAL: SPD, AGI, ACC, STR
INTANGIBLE: CTH, CIT, RTE, RLS, SPC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2014, 10:37 AM   #26
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
Has anyone seen an A intangible?
No sir. I have done roughly 25 drafts (some in leagues, most for testing purposes) and have seen a max of 5 'B' intangible players in one draft but NEVER an 'A' intangible.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #27
Rookie

This might be a little off topic but I think this is still the right place for it. How do you handle drafts where you have a definite position of need (4-3 OLB for example) but there aren't any prospects you are really excited about? Do you wait and just take a late guy with good physical and hope for high dev? Trade all the picks you don't absolutely need, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasto
This might be a little off topic but I think this is still the right place for it. How do you handle drafts where you have a definite position of need (4-3 OLB for example) but there aren't any prospects you are really excited about? Do you wait and just take a late guy with good physical and hope for high dev? Trade all the picks you don't absolutely need, etc.

Something I've noticed is that Middle 4-3 backers that have 68-75 overall ratings and plenty of acceptable grades at other traits will almost always be rated 5-10 points higher when you change his position to OLB. So don't be discouraged, just draft a desirable MLB that fits your mold of an OLB and switch him. I've done this 5+ times with a 21 year old MLB and they progressed into the 90's as an OLB. Keep in mind, they almost always grade higher as a LOLB.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:22 AM   #29
MVP

I scout physical and intangible. Usually players with good intangible are play now players. A high intangible player without a good physical grade i find is not going to develop well because they are limited by the high cost of physical upgrades. A player with A physical grade and B , C or even D if they are real young can become a star player. I believe awareness is part of the intangible grade. Therefore if their awareness is low their intangible is low. Awareness is easy to upgrade. I try to draft players with A physical and B or C intangible. I will draft an A D player in the later rounds if he is 20 or 21 years old. Some of those late round picks turn out to be great if they get playing time and earn XP. If they dont develop i sign them to six year one million dollar contracts with no bonus as career backups when they are still young and i can cut them whenever i get a better player without penalty.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I scout physical and intangible. Usually players with good intangible are play now players. A high intangible player without a good physical grade i find is not going to develop well because they are limited by the high cost of physical upgrades. A player with A physical grade and B , C or even D if they are real young can become a star player. I believe awareness is part of the intangible grade. Therefore if their awareness is low their intangible is low. Awareness is easy to upgrade. I try to draft players with A physical and B or C intangible. I will draft an A D player in the later rounds if he is 20 or 21 years old. Some of those late round picks turn out to be great if they get playing time and earn XP. If they dont develop i sign them to six year one million dollar contracts with no bonus as career backups when they are still young and i can cut them whenever i get a better player without penalty.

That is a solid strategy as well. Especially the 6 year backup with no penalty against cap. This is what I do with WR who have plus-90's return with plus-80's elusiveness. This guy is my 6th WR and dedicated returner.

A great strategy for 3-4 types, is to look deeper into DT. A lot of them weigh 275ish and can flat out develop at DE.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #31
Rookie

Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHV
That is a solid strategy as well. Especially the 6 year backup with no penalty against cap. This is what I do with WR who have plus-90's return with plus-80's elusiveness. This guy is my 6th WR and dedicated returner.

A great strategy for 3-4 types, is to look deeper into DT. A lot of them weigh 275ish and can flat out develop at DE.

I was actually going to suggest something similar as well, I drafted a 3-4 DE who was 6'6" 305 but had all the attributes I was looking for in a 4-3 and started him as a rookie and he did great and can replace Suh at DT is I so choose in the future, so definitely consider all positions when looking for D line.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2014, 01:22 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHV
Something I've noticed is that Middle 4-3 backers that have 68-75 overall ratings and plenty of acceptable grades at other traits will almost always be rated 5-10 points higher when you change his position to OLB. So don't be discouraged, just draft a desirable MLB that fits your mold of an OLB and switch him. I've done this 5+ times with a 21 year old MLB and they progressed into the 90's as an OLB. Keep in mind, they almost always grade higher as a LOLB.

I actually did this and found what I believe to be a Gem in the 6th (haven't drafted yet) but in regard to MLB. I have Derrick Johnson age 32, have you seen anything in regards to regression for MLB? Because I would love to play the gem at OLB with Johnson holding down the middle until I can draft a OLB or MLB next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »