Home

Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

This is a discussion on Easiest way to scout Dev trait? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasto
I actually did this and found what I believe to be a Gem in the 6th (haven't drafted yet) but in regard to MLB. I have Derrick Johnson age 32, have you seen anything in regards to regression for MLB? Because I would love to play the gem at OLB with Johnson holding down the middle until I can draft a OLB or MLB next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, be prepared to move away from your starter at MLB at age 34. He'll lose a lot of attributes like strenght, tackle, hit power, injury, consistency etc.

I'm usually not resigning anybody over age 33 unless longtime Olineman or QB.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
I actually did this and found what I believe to be a Gem in the 6th (haven't drafted yet) but in regard to MLB. I have Derrick Johnson age 32, have you seen anything in regards to regression for MLB? Because I would love to play the gem at OLB with Johnson holding down the middle until I can draft a OLB or MLB next year.

A little trick I use ...

Start at the Draft Recap (Rookie Signings) screen and check out your draft haul.

Assuming you drafted this MLB you're talking about, go directy to Roster Management and into depth chart amd auto reorder. Go to LB's and figure out which backer grades at each spot. If your drafted MLB grades better at LOLB than ROLB, go to Adjust Roster and change him accordingly.

I do this with LB's and Dline players when necessary or when I purposely drafed for roster adjustment.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHV
A little trick I use ...

Start at the Draft Recap (Rookie Signings) screen and check out your draft haul.

Assuming you drafted this MLB you're talking about, go directy to Roster Management and into depth chart amd auto reorder. Go to LB's and figure out which backer grades at each spot. If your drafted MLB grades better at LOLB than ROLB, go to Adjust Roster and change him accordingly.

I do this with LB's and Dline players when necessary or when I purposely drafed for roster adjustment.
Great way to figure it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2014, 01:45 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHV
A little trick I use ...

Kind of tying together multiple things that have been discussed in this thread. How do you handle drafting studs just because they are studs, even tho they are not a position of need? For example, I have Dri Archer at RB who is now quite good from winning ROY after filling in for spiller and several other big performances. However, he is fairly injury prone and there is a study RB with basically everything you would want including a "B" intangible grade. Do you guys trade up to get guys like him simply because of how good they might be, despite have a serviceable to good starter?

Old 12-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #37
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Kind of tying together multiple things that have been discussed in this thread. How do you handle drafting studs just because they are studs, even tho they are not a position of need? For example, I have Dri Archer at RB who is now quite good from winning ROY after filling in for spiller and several other big performances. However, he is fairly injury prone and there is a study RB with basically everything you would want including a "B" intangible grade. Do you guys trade up to get guys like him simply because of how good they might be, despite have a serviceable to good starter?

Have you found other guys at the same position with "B" in the later rounds? Im sure there is at least 1.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 12-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
Have you found other guys at the same position with "B" in the later rounds? Im sure there is at least 1.

So far, no, this draft class is very heavily top loaded and late loaded with very little in between and the RB class is pretty bad

Old 12-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #39
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Is there a way to earn more scouting points?

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 12-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:

I typically do not trade up for anybody. But I've noticed that RB is very important especially when simming as the Sim system is run heavy. So I would attempt to get the best RB I can.

However, when making that trade, try to get some 4-6th round picks as part of deal. Even if you feel like you're overpaying, those mid round picks sign cheap and have plenty of starter quality players available.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »