Home

Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

This is a discussion on Easiest way to scout Dev trait? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #49
Ao8
Just started!

Ao8's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

Used the Intangibles/Consistency/Personality strategy for scouting and it worked quite well. Was able to scout almost every player I was interested in up to the 5th round. My first and second rounders were mid-low 80s and the rest of my picks were in the mid-70s. Overall, I found that guys with high intangibles were the higher overall guys and guys with high personality were the Quick/Superstar developing guys. Not sure what consistency really uncovers.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao8
Used the Intangibles/Consistency/Personality strategy for scouting and it worked quite well. Was able to scout almost every player I was interested in up to the 5th round. My first and second rounders were mid-low 80s and the rest of my picks were in the mid-70s. Overall, I found that guys with high intangibles were the higher overall guys and guys with high personality were the Quick/Superstar developing guys. Not sure what consistency really uncovers.

Consistency gives you an idea of how quickly he will develop as he will consistently gain weekly xp points.

A mid 70's player with good consistency will shoot up the depth chart.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:13 PM   #51
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao8
Did you have any superstar dev guys?

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #52
Ao8
Just started!

Ao8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
Did you have any superstar dev guys?
Yes I had a superstar dev Corner in the 1st round (B personality), and a superstar dev MLB in the 4th round (A personality)
Old 12-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #53
Rookie

After season one I scouted some physical and a few intangible things and ended up with a superstar corner and safety. May have been more luck related" dev type.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #54
MVP

Consistency plays a part in how much xp a player gets from practice and how often they play to their ratings resulting in more xp. Does not seem to affect their overall so i have been thinking with my A physical and c or d intangible players of dumping most of the xp into consistency until i can sign them to that long term contract. I have been putting it into awareness which quickly brings their overall up. Awareness seems to have the biggest effect on overall. When scouting intangible you are mostly scouting awareness which means they will have a higher overall but if they dont have the physical attributes which are expensive to upgrade they will never be a superstar. They may have a higher overall but a c speed linebacker is never going to become an a speed linebacker. I can raise a players awareness and play recognition but speed, agility and acceleration and hit power are going to pretty much always be what they are when you draft them.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #55
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

So would you say the inangilbiles thing work?

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #56
MVP

I would say scouting intangible is a great way to find players that are NFL ready. Higher rating because their awareness and play recognition are high. Physical determines how good they can be because if your player is already higher in those more expensive to develop traits they will be easier to improve. However, their overall will be initially lower and if they don't get practice or game points they will not imorove. For my non starters in my depth chart i way more to physical grade than overall in determining who will be back ups. For example if you are drafting a speed rushing DE that is b intangible and c physical his overall when drafted will probably be in the mid 70's. An a physical and d intangible will initially come out around 66 overall. But when you look at the ratings after the draft the intangibke player is likely to have somewhere around a 77 acceleration rating while the physical guy could be 90+. So the physical guy will be better if the intangibles are Improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »