Home

Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

This is a discussion on Easiest way to scout Dev trait? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-14-2014, 08:17 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
Let us know how it goes please.
Ok so full disclosure from my latest draft using many of the strategies discussed here, this will be a long post, but I hope it helps some of you in your scouting endeavors.

I started the season scouting the specific traits I was looking for in a player, ie I scouted all the tall WRs speed and if they had As I went to CTH and CIT. Once I had scouted many players at the positions I was interested in, I scouted intangible, awareness and consistency to break ties. For example, I had scouted two 6'5" WRs with A speed, one projected 1st rd, 1 4th rd, both had b's in all 3 catching categories, the 1st rounder had A release, 4th rounder B, both had C consistency so I scouted intangible, 1st rdr had C, 4th had D, so i traded up to get the 1st rdr Nat Strong. I used this strategy throughout and will break down my picks below.
**Please note: I ended up trading to get 4 1st rounders b/c this draft was mostly top loaded, I recommend this strategy if you find people you really believe in in the first, you can often times trade a depth player that is position of need for the CPU and a 3-7th rounder next year for the pick.

HERE WE GO:

Round 1 Pick 1
Nat Strong WR
6'5" 230
Ovr 78
Quick Dev--C Intang-- C consistency--A personality--D awr
A speed, acc, agi
b cth, cit, spc, A release

Round 1 Pick 7
Taz Stills
6'2" 186
OVR 81
Quick Dev-- C intang--C cons--B personality--D awr
A spd, b mcv, b zcv, b prs, c prc

Round 1 pick 16
Vernard Russell HB
5'9" 225
Ovr 80
Superstar Dev--B intang--B consistency--B Personality--C awr
A spd, accel, agil, elusiveness,

Round 1 Pick 21
Kareem Albert MLB
6'1" 243
Superstar Dev--C Intang--C Consistency-- D personality--D awr
A tak, a pow, B speed, B bsh, B purs, C prc, c zcv

Round 2--Traded Pick

Round 3
Javier Fields DT
6'5" 332
Ovr
Normal Dev--D intang--A consistency--C personality--D awareness
a str, b pmv, b bsh,

Round 4
Kerry McGee RG
6'6" 332
Ovr 71
Normal Dev--C intang-- f consistency--f personality--f awr
A str, A rb, B pb, B ibl

Round 4
Daryll Oliver MLB
6'4" 241
Quick Dev-- C intang-- a consistency--C personality--f awr
a tak, a pow, b speed, b bsh, a pur, c prc, c zcv

Round 5
Jeffery Sutton LT
6'4" 320
Ovr 78
Superstar Dev--C intang--b consistency--c personality--D awr
A str, B pb, B rb, B ibl

Round 6
Devin Greer OLB
6'3" 243
Normal Dev--F intang, D consistency-- f personality--f awr
B tak, A Pow, A speed, B str, D bsh, B pur, C zcv

Whew that was a lot, please note I was not able to scout everything, but have filled in some ratings for comparison sake after drafting.

CONCLUSIONS:

Intangible Strategy-- 2 Superstar Dev with C, 1 with B. 3 quick Dev with C. It appears that you must have at least a C intang to have quick or superstar dev, however I also had a normal dev with C intangible, not a large enough sample size to prove for sure. Nice if you just want to get an idea or want to break a tie, but does not reveal enough about the specific traits of the player, most notably physical. A great intangible player with poor physical will never be a great player, but the opposite is possible.

Personality Strategy--Had 1 superstar Dev with C personality, 1 with D and 1 with B. No correlation with Dev, not worth scouting.

Consistency Strategy--2 superstars with B, 1 with C. 1 quick dev with A, 2 with C, 1 normal dev with A. Again it appears you must have a C or higher to be superstar, but it does not guarantee superstar dev as you can see I have a normal dev with A consistency. Again too small of a sample siz.

Awareness strategy--2 superstar dev with D, 1 with C. Appear to have absolutely nothing to do with Dev, only overall rating. It is very cheap to level up so not really worth scouting.

**TLDR***
OVERALL CONCLUSIONS
After spending A LOT OF TIME on this, I have decided to employ a hybrid strategy. The first step should be to scout the trait the position absolutely must have for example, arm strength for a QB, it must be an A, I could care less what the intangible grade is if he has b arm strength, same for speed for A WR or RB. 2nd step, scout the physical attributes to help differentiate between players. As discussed earlier if you have two very similar players, always take the one with higher physical attributes b/c they cost more to develop. 3rd step, I really would not waste the SP to scout awareness and personality as they appear to only affect the overall and have nothing to do with dev and awr is very cheap to upgrade and only matters if that will be a CPU controlled player. Lastly, if you can afford it, use the intangible grade to help break ties between players as opposed to spending another 50-150 SP to figure out each individual attribute.

I really hope this helps someone out there!
Old 12-15-2014, 08:38 AM   #58
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasto
Ok so full disclosure from my latest draft using many of the strategies discussed here, this will be a long post, but I hope it helps some of you in your scouting endeavors.

I started the season scouting the specific traits I was looking for in a player, ie I scouted all the tall WRs speed and if they had As I went to CTH and CIT. Once I had scouted many players at the positions I was interested in, I scouted intangible, awareness and consistency to break ties. For example, I had scouted two 6'5" WRs with A speed, one projected 1st rd, 1 4th rd, both had b's in all 3 catching categories, the 1st rounder had A release, 4th rounder B, both had C consistency so I scouted intangible, 1st rdr had C, 4th had D, so i traded up to get the 1st rdr Nat Strong. I used this strategy throughout and will break down my picks below.
**Please note: I ended up trading to get 4 1st rounders b/c this draft was mostly top loaded, I recommend this strategy if you find people you really believe in in the first, you can often times trade a depth player that is position of need for the CPU and a 3-7th rounder next year for the pick.

HERE WE GO:

Round 1 Pick 1
Nat Strong WR
6'5" 230
Ovr 78
Quick Dev--C Intang-- C consistency--A personality--D awr
A speed, acc, agi
b cth, cit, spc, A release

Round 1 Pick 7
Taz Stills
6'2" 186
OVR 81
Quick Dev-- C intang--C cons--B personality--D awr
A spd, b mcv, b zcv, b prs, c prc

Round 1 pick 16
Vernard Russell HB
5'9" 225
Ovr 80
Superstar Dev--B intang--B consistency--B Personality--C awr
A spd, accel, agil, elusiveness,

Round 1 Pick 21
Kareem Albert MLB
6'1" 243
Superstar Dev--C Intang--C Consistency-- D personality--D awr
A tak, a pow, B speed, B bsh, B purs, C prc, c zcv

Round 2--Traded Pick

Round 3
Javier Fields DT
6'5" 332
Ovr
Normal Dev--D intang--A consistency--C personality--D awareness
a str, b pmv, b bsh,

Round 4
Kerry McGee RG
6'6" 332
Ovr 71
Normal Dev--C intang-- f consistency--f personality--f awr
A str, A rb, B pb, B ibl

Round 4
Daryll Oliver MLB
6'4" 241
Quick Dev-- C intang-- a consistency--C personality--f awr
a tak, a pow, b speed, b bsh, a pur, c prc, c zcv

Round 5
Jeffery Sutton LT
6'4" 320
Ovr 78
Superstar Dev--C intang--b consistency--c personality--D awr
A str, B pb, B rb, B ibl

Round 6
Devin Greer OLB
6'3" 243
Normal Dev--F intang, D consistency-- f personality--f awr
B tak, A Pow, A speed, B str, D bsh, B pur, C zcv

Whew that was a lot, please note I was not able to scout everything, but have filled in some ratings for comparison sake after drafting.

CONCLUSIONS:

Intangible Strategy-- 2 Superstar Dev with C, 1 with B. 3 quick Dev with C. It appears that you must have at least a C intang to have quick or superstar dev, however I also had a normal dev with C intangible, not a large enough sample size to prove for sure. Nice if you just want to get an idea or want to break a tie, but does not reveal enough about the specific traits of the player, most notably physical. A great intangible player with poor physical will never be a great player, but the opposite is possible.

Personality Strategy--Had 1 superstar Dev with C personality, 1 with D and 1 with B. No correlation with Dev, not worth scouting.

Consistency Strategy--2 superstars with B, 1 with C. 1 quick dev with A, 2 with C, 1 normal dev with A. Again it appears you must have a C or higher to be superstar, but it does not guarantee superstar dev as you can see I have a normal dev with A consistency. Again too small of a sample siz.

Awareness strategy--2 superstar dev with D, 1 with C. Appear to have absolutely nothing to do with Dev, only overall rating. It is very cheap to level up so not really worth scouting.

**TLDR***
OVERALL CONCLUSIONS
After spending A LOT OF TIME on this, I have decided to employ a hybrid strategy. The first step should be to scout the trait the position absolutely must have for example, arm strength for a QB, it must be an A, I could care less what the intangible grade is if he has b arm strength, same for speed for A WR or RB. 2nd step, scout the physical attributes to help differentiate between players. As discussed earlier if you have two very similar players, always take the one with higher physical attributes b/c they cost more to develop. 3rd step, I really would not waste the SP to scout awareness and personality as they appear to only affect the overall and have nothing to do with dev and awr is very cheap to upgrade and only matters if that will be a CPU controlled player. Lastly, if you can afford it, use the intangible grade to help break ties between players as opposed to spending another 50-150 SP to figure out each individual attribute.

I really hope this helps someone out there!
What I took away is intatngililes do have something to do with dev?

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 12-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
What I took away is intatngililes do have something to do with dev?

Yes and No. Sorry I don't have a more concrete answer but from my last draft I would say players with d or lower intangible are not worth drafting. The one player I scouted with B intangible did have superstar dev so that may indicate it, but C intangible players can go either way. So what you should take away is that it is best to scout the attributes that are most important to you and only use intangible to break ties between players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2014, 10:27 AM   #60
MVP

Intangibles do have something to do with developing players but i do not belive they have anything to do with the development trait. Consistency is part of the intangible grade and higher consistency gets players more xp especially in game planning activities.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Intangibles do have something to do with developing players but i do not belive they have anything to do with the development trait. Consistency is part of the intangible grade and higher consistency gets players more xp especially in game planning activities.

Yeah, the questions earlier were specifically pertaining to finding the development trait in prospects. Consistency does help a little but is also very cheap to upgrade.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #62
MVP

Don't think there is a sure fire way to scout development trait without actually scouting it. Would be stupid if there was. But then again it is madden.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Don't think there is a sure fire way to scout development trait without actually scouting it. Would be stupid if there was. But then again it is madden.

Yeah the point of the OP was to see if people had found a way to avoid spending the 500 sp. Multiple theories were discussed in this thread and in my extremely long post above I tested the theories on a recent draft class.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #64
MVP

I understand. I scout physical. If it's not an A, devlopment is limited anyway. Then intangible. If it is a B or C the player can be great. Then awareness. The lower the awareness the better the player can become. Since he is b or c intangible, with low awareness that means his other intangibles are good. This method doesn't reveal the development trait but it reveals players that will develop very well if they get playing time and game planning xp.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »