Home

Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

This is a discussion on Easiest way to scout Dev trait? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #65
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

I hate wasting points of 500, to find out they have a slow dev.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 12:31 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I understand. I scout physical. If it's not an A, devlopment is limited anyway. Then intangible. If it is a B or C the player can be great. Then awareness. The lower the awareness the better the player can become. Since he is b or c intangible, with low awareness that means his other intangibles are good. This method doesn't reveal the development trait but it reveals players that will develop very well if they get playing time and game planning xp.

I like this idea only thing I will caution again is the specifics of an attribute. A RB might have A physical but B speed and if they have B speed I have no desire for them. Or as happened with my WR 6'5" 230 A speed, agility, accel had a C physical, no idea why, this might have just been a rare occurrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #67
Rookie

Do you guys wait to scout until the offseason like it has been stated in other threads?
Old 12-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasto
I like this idea only thing I will caution again is the specifics of an attribute. A RB might have A physical but B speed and if they have B speed I have no desire for them. Or as happened with my WR 6'5" 230 A speed, agility, accel had a C physical, no idea why, this might have just been a rare occurrence.

I agree, its not perfect. I have specifics i look for also. A speed for hb, wr, cb. A acceleration for d linemen. The physical thing with your wide receiver may have something to do with your player type scheme for the position. I set mine as balanced and try to get balanced scheme receivers with speed. So i dive a little deeper when scouting players for the first couple of rounds but usually trust the physical intangible awareness rating for the mid to late rounds.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:31 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabig2715
Do you guys wait to scout until the offseason like it has been stated in other threads?

I personally like to scout throughout because depending on how your season is going you may be considering trading an aging star player. If you scout throughout you will have a better idea of if you can afford to trade that player based on what is in the draft. I totally understand waiting to scout as well tho.

Old 12-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
I do. I make a google sheet of all the players that fit my schemes and try to fit the ones i want into what picks i have. Then i can trade picks if i want to move up or usually down while everything is in front of me. I pick my players a round ahead of where projected.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #71
Rookie

Thank you for the quick response. Last question, what is the key attribute for OL, DT's, TE/FB, LB's you guys look for and what is your minimum letter grade? Thanks ahead of time. I understand speed and arm strength is the one for the other positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Thank you for the quick response. Last question, what is the key attribute for OL, DT's, TE/FB, LB's you guys look for and what is your minimum letter grade? Thanks ahead of time. I understand speed and arm strength is the one for the other positions.
I like A strength for OL, A accel for DL because i play a 4-3 where i want to get preassure from the line. Linebackers with A physical so i know they can cover ground, then devlop them to be well rounded. At TE i don't care about an individual thing. I run a single back offense so i need a well rounded number one and a good blocker at two. Currently have orson charlesas my number one whom i converted from FB. Slow as hell but that helps sometimes as he is between zones for a longer period of time and the rest of his ratings are pretty good. I haven't found a te in the draft yet that has A physical and fits my scheme but i am always looking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »