Home

Has your love for Madden dropped because of no NCAA?

This is a discussion on Has your love for Madden dropped because of no NCAA? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Has your love for Madden dropped because of no NCAA?

I think Madden can be planning inside appropriate track yet NCAA might have encouraged them farther along.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:30 PM   #10
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
No, this year's game has made my opinion on Madden turnaround. I was down on the series the last few years, but finally am having a blast this year. The game is trending in the right direction. I am halfway through year 4 in a 2 person online CCM and we're not even close to being burned out. Started out 6-10, 5-11, 12-4, and now 4-1. Madden has never had decent enough defense to make that a possibility until this year. It's nice to finally be able to play the game, actually build a team, and get realistic results week in and week out. The reason I had such a quick turnaround in year 3 was because my last 9 games were against 8 teams under .500 on the year. My lone loss in this season is the one team over .500 I've played.

I don't remember the last time CPU teams actually played like their records would indicate in a football game.

So if anything, this year's game makes me want to keep playing Madden and wanting NCAA more than ever.
Do you have a slider set? Cause I was a hard-core NCAA Footballer and vanilla Heisman was never hard enough for me. Madden I found to be too much robo-QB on All-Madden which ruined it for me. I hadn't bought Madden in a couple years until I got an Xbox One on launch and got Madden 25. I was hugely disappointed in that game. I gave this year's game a shot and after 1 season of CCM with 5 players (all from NCAA like me) we gave it up. I've still got the game but haven't completed a season and it's Christmas season... meanwhile, I've played 3 more seasons of NCAA football on the X360 during this football season.

Madden just doesn't cut it for me. If I played on vanilla All-Pro, it's too easy. If I play on vanilla All-Madden, its too much robo-QB. I mean I've played several games where the QB went 30-31 or 24-25 or even a few games where the QB was 100% accurate.

I used sliders alot in NCAA. Do you have a set for Madden cause I can't seem to find one.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:34 PM   #11
Banned

cpic1's Arena

OVR: 1

Yes. This years Madden is junk. I would love to be able to play another football game, but Madden is what I'm stuck with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2014, 11:34 PM   #12
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by highflyaviator
My love for either has not been affected but based on seeing the advances Madden made (Madden did advance, by how much can be debated but it did advance), I miss NCAA even more now. While playing Madden 15, I keep thinking "Man I wonder what NCAA 15 or NCAA 16 would have looked/played like?" Despite the claim, "no NCAA means more attention to make Madden better" I think NCAA and Madden would have pushed each other especially seeing the plans the NCAA team had for the future. I think Madden is heading in the right direction but NCAA would have pushed them farther along. Just a dang shame.
I know right?! If NCAA could've at least made it one more season we would've had at least a copy of the game on next gen to play for years to come. Now every time I log onto NCAA, I can't stand how bad it looks. Still a more fun game to play than Madden but man what a graphics update it needs.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:28 AM   #13
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3

It's too bad that people looking for a little money with their lawsuits had to kill NCAA football. I would usually play both games every year but always thought that NCAA was the more fun game.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #14
Pro

It sure effects me for the fact of if I want to play with Duke Johnson in Madden I have to wait til he turns pro!
Old 12-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #15
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

if NCAA was still being made i likely would only buy madden, and spend little time playing it.

with no NCAA my football time goes to madden obviously. i really like the game, and with all the advancement in the game from years past it's something i'll keep playing.

i do wish they'd do something with their online franchise website and give considerable more control as far as what we are able to do while away from the console.

if/when ncaa comes back around, i'm sure my focus will trend back toward that game.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #16
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I love Madden 15's graphics and gameplay but I miss importing NCAA players into draft classes. So, yes, my love for Madden has slightly dropped due to the lack of a NCAA football video game.

Yankees: #AllRise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »