Home

How to get the best of JJ Watt??

This is a discussion on How to get the best of JJ Watt?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to get the best of JJ Watt??

Hi guys

Just wondering what success people have had with JJ?

Just started a Texans CFM and changed to a 3-4 but JJ seems so ineffective. Can never get off a block or get to the QB. Does his low finesse moves kill him? Or am I just using him wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How to get the best of JJ Watt??

A few questions:

1. Are you usering him?
2. He is lined up opposite the LT or RT?

Now you say you're using a 3-4. Are your LBers who are blitzing getting any sacks? Because in a 3-4 LBers are usually the prime passrushers - the job of all three members of the D-line is to take up as many blockers as possible. 3-4 DE passrushers of JJ Watt's caliber are very rare for that reason - that's coming not free me but a friend of mine who played OLB in a 3-4 in high school. In short, if your team is getting sacks, then I wouldn't worry too much about.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
Rookie

I had the same problem with JJ Watt in my first franchise season with him. I thought it was ridiculous how ineffective he was and how many times he would get pancaked. I ended up moving him to DT where he has been a monster. I chose to use a faster player on the LE...in this case it was Dion Jordan. I noticed that Jordan was much more effective against the same tackles that would render JJ Watt nearly useless. The other thing i noticed is that JJ Watt now leads my connected franchise in sacks.....And I hardly ever user play him. He is finally the beast I had hoped he would be from the DT spot.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie Jon
I had the same problem with JJ Watt in my first franchise season with him. I thought it was ridiculous how ineffective he was and how many times he would get pancaked. I ended up moving him to DT where he has been a monster. I chose to use a faster player on the LE...in this case it was Dion Jordan. I noticed that Jordan was much more effective against the same tackles that would render JJ Watt nearly useless. The other thing i noticed is that JJ Watt now leads my connected franchise in sacks.....And I hardly ever user play him. He is finally the beast I had hoped he would be from the DT spot.
quick question - are you using him in a 3-4 or 4-3?
Old 12-17-2014, 09:35 PM   #5
Rookie

I use 3 and 4 man fronts but i use nickle with a 4 man front most of the time. However, Even when i run a 3-4 i am getting the same kickass results from JJ at the DT spot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2014, 03:35 AM   #6
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3

i had him on my redskins franchise running a 4-3. he was absolutely dominant. led the league in sacks and couldnt run at him at all.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:49 AM   #7
Rookie

Thanks for the responses

I user him the majority of the time on D but find the same problem of him being pancaked most of the time. I line him up at LE against the RT with Clowney coming off the edge at LOLB.

I haven't had terrible results as Clowney led the team with 10 sacks and JJ did manage 7 but with the ratings he has I expect a bit more.

I might try the move to DT and see how he gets on for a few games also going to use the end of season XP to up his finesse
Old 12-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #8
MVP

I have found that finesse moves work best at end and power moves at tackle. Also, the ends in the 3-4 don't get many sacks. JJ is the most dominant defensive player i have ever seen. Especially considering he is a de in a 3-4. Think the game was programmed for de's to play a certain way in the 3-4 so JJ would do better in a 4-3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »