Home

Position Change question

This is a discussion on Position Change question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2014, 03:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Position Change question

In my online franchise I drafted the DT with the backstory of being an offensive lineman, hes a superstar dev and has pretty decent blocking stats, how do I move himback to offensive line? can I?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2014, 05:00 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Position Change question

Yes you can change everybody's position in the last week of the offseason. Just be careful with it, because the player may lose points in awareness.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:25 AM   #3
Rookie

That's weird because when went to try and change it, or only allows me to change a DT into a RE or LE
Old 12-22-2014, 08:29 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by koberocks1
That's weird because when went to try and change it, or only allows me to change a DT into a RE or LE
Yep. It only allows you to change to certain positions. You can change him to de and then to olb but i do not know of anyway to change from defensive player to offensive.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

after the draft you can make your normal changes, DE to OLB, DT to DE ect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #6
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

Be sure to save an extra file prior to making position changes. Just one example of a position change gone wrong is a wr I drafted and tried to change to te. He had 92spd, 88agi, 89acc and decent blocking and was 6'4", 245. I wanted to be able to upgrade his imp. blocking so wanted to change him to te. However, after the change, he dropped to 84spd, 79agi, 85acc. Not sure how a position change causes a player to become less physically capable. I know they don't want people abusing position changes online, but I'm playing offline.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #7
Rookie

yea im talking online franchise
Old 12-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #8
Rookie

I did the very same thing...I moved Mike Evans to TE from WR. He was pretty much worthless after that because he took a massive stat loss. Interestingly, I played with it to try and figure out a way around it. I moved a WR to RB and then to FB and then to TE. I took major awarness hit but his Stats were as he was before. So what is the moral of this story??? DONT MOVE A WR TO TE directly unless you want that player to suck!!
I also moved a Tackle to guard or center and took a massive skill loss from RBK and PBK, but it left Impact blocking as it was before the move.

You have alot more lattitude to move players to different positions after the season at the resign players screen...until you advance to the preseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »