Home

Rigged Games

This is a discussion on Rigged Games within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2014, 02:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rigged Games

I was just playing a game against the Titans in my Giants franchise, and I felt the entire game that the game was rigged (Pro difficulty, by the way):

1. Their third-string QB went 21-for-21 in passing. We haven't been that good at stopping the run, however my secondary and my pass rush have been top 5 and the best in the league, respectively (my DEs are one, two, and four on the sacks leaders list).
2. I gave up maybe 3 plays all season at that point of 30 or more yards. I gave up 4 in one game.
3. Three picks in the red zone, including one sliding pick on the one-yard-line.
4. Four (yes, you read that right) AI penalties by my team - a false start, a holding penalty, an encroachment call, and an offensive PI on a slant route where there was *nobody* in the area covering (it was up the seem on a cover 2 where the MIKE was taken up a by a drag route underneath).

Anybody else ever see anything like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2014, 02:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Rigged Games

I have had a few games that felt scripted no matter what I did. I can't say if it's true or not but I am with ya, certainly feels that way sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

I think this is because EA really tweaked the confidence factor this year. When a team or player gets hot, or cold, you will really see things snowball on the field. I think they overdid it and your game could be an example of that. If your team is losing momentum and other team gets hot, it does seem like all that can go wrong does go wrong...including penalties.

I don't think plays and outcomes are scripted, per se, but confidence getting raised or lowered really has an effect on the game.

C
Old 12-27-2014, 01:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I think this is because EA really tweaked the confidence factor this year. When a team or player gets hot, or cold, you will really see things snowball on the field. I think they overdid it and your game could be an example of that. If your team is losing momentum and other team gets hot, it does seem like all that can go wrong does go wrong...including penalties.

I don't think plays and outcomes are scripted, per se, but confidence getting raised or lowered really has an effect on the game.

C
This makes sense for the Titans doing well, but I was on an 11-game winning streak, so I doubt confidence negatively affected my team. I wonder though - the Titans winning that game and me losing it set up two Week-17 winner-take-all postseason matchups, one for the NFC East crown and 1st-round bye between my Giants and the Eagles, and a 3-way tie for the AFC second wild card with the Titan's win. Could that be a reason perhaps?
Old 12-28-2014, 02:16 AM   #5
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Yes, I have definitely had games where the AI just decides it is going to to win no matter what. My personal favorite was injuring Aaron Rodgers and watching Matt Flynn go 24 for 24 and come back from a three score deficit. The highlight was him shrugging off 99 OVR Gerald McCoy like he wasn't even there to throw the game-tying 2 pt conversion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2014, 03:19 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Yea, I just played a game where I was down 52-10 at half because my first 10 plays of offense resulted in 2 pick 6's(both so poorly thrown), a 3rd pick at least 15 yards off target, and then 3 fumbles with 1 going for a TD.

So 6 turnovers in 10 plays that were all out of my control. I can get it if I force a throw into coverage or make a poor read, but 2 of the picks were guys with no one within 5 yards of them. One guy was running the sidelines on a streak and the ball was picked off in between the hash marks. I was very confused. I didn't hit the wrong button because he was isolated over there and no one ran a crossing route.

That was the first time with Madden 15 I've turned the game off midway through. I've had a lot of fun with it, but that was just ridiculous to see. The CPU also had an 80 yard run account for their 2nd drive of the game to put them up 24-7.

I was making throws to open players, I was not juking or anything on the fumbles, it was just bad luck and I will try the game again tomorrow.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »