Home

Madden 16 commentary

This is a discussion on Madden 16 commentary within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 16 commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Isn't Tony Bruno real though? I just looked him up and it says that he has a real radio show

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Not Tony Bruno, I'm talking about the the radio guy that did the game announcing from Madden 06-09ish.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

It certainly does need addressed.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:27 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

I want voice actors in the worst way. I am a huge Giant fan and Phil is my guy ... but playing Madden makes me want to kick him in the throat.

But I have a compromise. How about a pregame/postgame show with real personalities for the casuals. And then for the actual game let's get voice actors for some more organic and insightful commentary. Is that to much to ask?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #20
Rookie

AaeriosGames's Arena

OVR: 0

I want to do the commentary for Madden 16!

"I am not in danger... I am the danger! A player gets the ball stolen and dunked and you think that of me? No. I am the one who dunks!" - KAWHISENBERG
Old 01-03-2015, 02:08 PM   #21
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
I would be inclined not to buy it if it didn't have real announcers and I've bought every Madden since Madden 92. That's not real football. I'm not playing an RPG
You do realize if you don't like the commentary you can just mute it, right? Having great, immersive commentary ( nba 2k comes to mind ) isn't very important right now since there are gameplay and CFM issues that need to be addressed first, but implementing quality commentary is something that should be addressed in the near future, in my opinion. I feel that as long as the commentary is immersive, not bland, and non-repetitive, that it truly doesn't matter if the commentators are real or voice actors. In nfl 2k5, the commentary did get repetitive at times, but it was synched in with the gameplay very well and the announcers actually talked about what was going on in your game and not just saying any random line. They actually said the name of the player who made the catch, tackle, kick, etc. instead of just going silent like Phil Simms and Nantz do.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #22
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I want voice actors in the worst way. I am a huge Giant fan and Phil is my guy ... but playing Madden makes me want to kick him in the throat.

But I have a compromise. How about a pregame/postgame show with real personalities for the casuals. And then for the actual game let's get voice actors for some more organic and insightful commentary. Is that to much to ask?

Thats exactly what 2k did with 2k5. They had Chris Berman do the pre-game show, Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe did the actual game, and Berman also did the post-game show
Old 01-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Thats exactly what 2k did with 2k5. They had Chris Berman do the pre-game show, Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe did the actual game, and Berman also did the post-game show
That's where I got my idea from.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:53 PM   #24
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

This thread has come up at least..ohhhh...ten times over the last ten years and the answer is the same as it's always been.

It's never who the announcers are, it's about the poor implementation by the development team. Summerall, Madden, the radio announcer, Gus Johnson, Tom Hammond, Nantz, Al Michaels, you get the idea.

Madden has hands down the worst commentary of the genre every...single...year. Poor voice fluctuation, no awareness of the game situation, and just stupid mistakes all over the place. It's not the announcers, it's the programmers and it's been that way forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »