Home

Madden 16 commentary

This is a discussion on Madden 16 commentary within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2015, 03:42 PM   #33

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden 16 commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Seems like i remember hearing in a podcast with one of the developers that they only had a few days of actual time together and the majority of it was done away from each other.
Could be right, my larger point was that having them do commentary together is actually not adventitious as those exchanges become repetitive.

The key is scripting individual situations that can be keyed together differently to create different results every time.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:48 PM   #34
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Could be right, my larger point was that having them do commentary together is actually not adventitious as those exchanges become repetitive.

The key is scripting individual situations that can be keyed together differently to create different results every time.
If the repetition is gonna be there it needs to at least sound natural. The commentary pathing needs to be expanded. Usually one will say something and then the other will follow up with the same line they always do. At least have several follow up lines that fits the situation thats different. But above all it must be relevant to what we are seeing.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:02 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

I HAVE TO HAVE REAL ANNOUNCERS FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I played college football and I'm not ashamed to say that I love the game of football - football changed MY LIFE!!! I have purchased madden since 1995 and play the game to get my fix.(since I decided to not get into coaching)

I know Madden falls short of being authentic, but without the game being as authentic as possible...I could not buy it. I want it to be as real as it possibly can be! I loved it with Madden & Summeral...it gave the game a feel of the big game of CBS. (CBS did the NFC back then) Simms and Nantz give it that - CBS of today feel. Why not give Buck and Aikman a shot? I actually really liked Gus Johnson....he gave the game a level of excitement the franchise never had.

It really doesn't matter what announcers are on the game....the issue just comes down to lines being repetitive for the big time franchise players. 2k does a pretty good job with this, (they are not perfect) EA could do it if they really wanted. We just need competition...if 2k could get into the mix with creating a licensed game...we would get it immediately!

Last edited by dallen8wr; 01-04-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 06:33 PM   #36
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Is it possible that they can use lines from actual games and put them into the game? Or have they already done this somewhat? I swear i played a game as the Patriots and some of Nantz's lines seemed directly from a game...I could be wrong.

Also, isn't one of the lead guys for the commentary from OS? Chase I believe? I would think he'd know what the commentary needs and what we all want better than anyone.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:23 AM   #37
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
Is it possible that they can use lines from actual games and put them into the game? Or have they already done this somewhat? I swear i played a game as the Patriots and some of Nantz's lines seemed directly from a game...I could be wrong.

Also, isn't one of the lead guys for the commentary from OS? Chase I believe? I would think he'd know what the commentary needs and what we all want better than anyone.
Not all of OS is on the same page, though. There are four or five different opinions in this thread alone. A thread like this turns into a I want this or I want that.....type of thread.

As for Chase, I'm sure he lurks, but haven't seen him post in a long time. Plus, he may take ideas from here, but they may get shot down at the company he works for.

And like therizing said earlier in the thread, it's not the announcers, it's the way the sound is implemented from the audio team.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #38
Just started!

No one will disagree with you, but I believe having brand name announcers is a perk for casual community. It brings in the crowd that doesn't care about real gameplay.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #39
Rookie

bradfish16's Arena

I agree with the point about the need for smaller lines that can be interchanged with different and appropriate responses. I listen to a lot of sports commentary as my job and part of the problem with Madden is they actually overdo the scripting. In a real NFL game, Nantz would rarely say "x comes to the line hoping to avoid being sacked for a THIRD time" etc. But if you had three lines "x has had a tough day" "He's been sacked" "x times" they can be used for any number of situations rather than repeatedly for every time the QB breaks the huddle. Or have Simms commenting on every single play like 1 yard runs up the middle.

I would actually record 80 hours worth of Madden games, with 3min quarters if necessary and get the commentators to announce as they watch, together or separately.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:26 PM   #40
Rookie

noarmsduck's Arena

Commentary isn't good but TBH I don't mind it, and I would rather they focus on gameplay and CFM issues before addressing commentary. I wouldn't mind seeing fictional announcers in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »