Home

Quick Question Regarding Contracts

This is a discussion on Quick Question Regarding Contracts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2015, 10:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Quick Question Regarding Contracts

I just had another play with this and think that they do actually divide by 52. My team salaries are $112M, and I simmed a week and went and had a look at my player salary expenses in the team revenue for that week and it said they were a bit over 2 million. Which would mean that it must be divided over 52 weeks (although madden has constantly proven that logic doesn't always apply so my sample size may have been a one off)
Old 01-01-2015, 10:16 PM   #10
Rookie

So there seems to be an influx of different answers here...

There are two different scenarios that you need to be aware of. Free Agency and Re-signing.

In Free Agency the amount bonus that you offer is the TOTAL bonus for all seasons. This amount will be immediately deducted from your total funds the moment the player accepts the contract. The amount WILL be reflected in your cap on a per season basis though.

In Re-signing, the amount you offer as a bonus is per season so you will have to multiply the total yourself. The total bonus for all seasons will then be deducted from your current funds.

It appears as though whoever was in charge of setting up the re-signing process was unaware that the game was going to use an instant deduction process rather than a by season process and thus programmed it differently than that of the free agency.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:35 PM   #11
Rookie

Quick Question Regarding Contracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforeseenx
So there seems to be an influx of different answers here...

There are two different scenarios that you need to be aware of. Free Agency and Re-signing.

In Free Agency the amount bonus that you offer is the TOTAL bonus for all seasons. This amount will be immediately deducted from your total funds the moment the player accepts the contract. The amount WILL be reflected in your cap on a per season basis though.

In Re-signing, the amount you offer as a bonus is per season so you will have to multiply the total yourself. The total bonus for all seasons will then be deducted from your current funds.

It appears as though whoever was in charge of setting up the re-signing process was unaware that the game was going to use an instant deduction process rather than a by season process and thus programmed it differently than that of the free agency.

Is that definite or are you just assuming?

If you're right, I wasn't aware that free agency bonus was not multiplied by years of the contract you were offering (ie - like what happens in the re-signing section).

I've been missing out on heaps of players on free agency because I figured I had to multiply their bonus by the length of the contract and I'd get scared off and offer a small bonus or short contract.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2015, 11:41 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercord55
Is that definite or are you just assuming?

If you're right, I wasn't aware that free agency bonus was not multiplied by years of the contract you were offering (ie - like what happens in the re-signing section).

I've been missing out on heaps of players on free agency because I figured I had to multiply their bonus by the length of the contract and I'd get scared off and offer a small bonus or short contract.
It is definite.
When negotiating with free agents the bonus is the total amount. These minor oversights add up to really frustrate me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »