Home

Defensive Camera - How Many Of Us Are Still Using It?

This is a discussion on Defensive Camera - How Many Of Us Are Still Using It? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #9
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Defensive Camera - How Many Of Us Are Still Using It?

i started out using it as soon as i got the game, because ive been wanting this for so long. While i agree the camera angles at times need to be adjusted, i still love it and prefer to play defense this way. I am the only one in my league that will use it all game. I dont user dline at all. I feel it gives me a more realistic view on defense. You are responsible for playing your players assignment. So you focus on that. If the ball is passed, its really simple , You just have to wait an extra second before you switch to see who ur switching to , and where they are on the field. I still get the same amount of ints as i would with the other view. Its all a matter of perspective, and the fact most madden players only wanna use the "safe" view, and not really have that much of a real challenge on their hands to learn a new way IMO.Its really not that hard to use .And nothing is more satisfying than blitzing with a CB off the end and nailing a QB close up!

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 01-07-2015, 02:15 PM   #10
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Do you ever use it at the linebacker level? That's why I'm going back and forth with it. I imagine if you're playing as a lineman, while the movement may be disjointing, your responsility is at the LOS, so it's a little more simplified. And if you're playing as a FS, nothing is behind you. That linebacker level is kind of the no man's land with it. You are responsible for so much run and pass, and a lot of times it isn't all in front of you.

KGun, do you use it competitively, or are you playing against the CPU?
CPU only...which for my skill level & using the Bills in my F'chise...is competitive...lol
Old 01-07-2015, 05:24 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

I switch between using every camera in the game. I use this one often. But my big gripe is with the disparity of distance between the zoom and standard cam.

Adjustable cams with slider controls. That's what we need.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 06:24 PM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Not a big fan of the defensive camera, but do use the player-lock camera for defense exclusively.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-09-2015, 10:28 PM   #13
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
i started out using it as soon as i got the game, because ive been wanting this for so long. While i agree the camera angles at times need to be adjusted, i still love it and prefer to play defense this way. I am the only one in my league that will use it all game. I dont user dline at all. I feel it gives me a more realistic view on defense. You are responsible for playing your players assignment. So you focus on that. If the ball is passed, its really simple , You just have to wait an extra second before you switch to see who ur switching to , and where they are on the field. I still get the same amount of ints as i would with the other view. Its all a matter of perspective, and the fact most madden players only wanna use the "safe" view, and not really have that much of a real challenge on their hands to learn a new way IMO.Its really not that hard to use .And nothing is more satisfying than blitzing with a CB off the end and nailing a QB close up!
This is exactly why I keep going back and giving it a chance. This is exactly the view I had many moons ago when I played. And you're right, you have to focus on your assignment. You have to lock in a read your keys and nothing else. I got used to making played in areas I had no busines being because I had to compensate for the deficiencies in the game.

Had a pretty productive game today from the middle linebacker spot: 10 total tackles, 1 TFL, a recovered fumble, and a QB hit, and I starting to get a little better feel in the passing game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »