Home

CPU QB Accuracy

This is a discussion on CPU QB Accuracy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2015, 12:55 AM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: CPU QB Accuracy

I knowledge will often hire a company in order to get rid of the particular golf ball to.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:33 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernoner
I knowledge will often hire a company in order to get rid of the particular golf ball to.
Best post of the year.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #11
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
I play on All-Pro, and I have QBA at 10 for both sides. I had a game where Luck completed only 53%, but usually I'm seeing upper 60s, low 70s. Sacks are there, but not a major issue...average 2-3 per team each game. And the above post is right...the QBA slider (all sliders, probably) impacts more than just accuracy. In fact, after exhaustive testing, I've seen it impact the run game, too.

For instance, I put QBA at 1, all else, including penalties at default, and I had realistic comp % but run game sucked. Moved it to 10, same thing, although a bit better comp %. Here's the kicker...I moved it to 5 (again, everything else is at 50), and suddenly the run game was kick *** and comp % was in the 80s.

Bottom line, just be careful what you adjust. You start tinkering with one, then you end up having to edit another, and you just start going down the rabbit hole. I just have everything at 50 except for QBA, RBL, and TKL (the latter to help with the run game), only because if I change one thing, it changes two other areas.
If you played one game on each setting, that is an extremely small sample size. Pure randomness could cause some of that. If you changed any of the teams, then moreso. I think you really have to play 3-5 games on any setting to get a true indication of a slider's true effectiveness.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 08:00 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 1

I actually did this testing over 10 games with the same two teams to try and account for the randomness. Kept seeing the same thing.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #13
Rookie

noarmsduck's Arena

I had this issue when I started playing, and I still do against some teams. I won't get shredded for 400 yards, but QBs will have an insanely high completion percentage against me (80-90%). To counter that I usually mix up my playcalling and get more pressure. This doesn't usually help with the completion percentage though, as they just hold onto the ball and I end up getting an unrealistic amount of sacks. So I end up with two skewed statistics categories but it's an effective way to neutralize the opposing offense and win game.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:45 PM   #14
Rookie

Hehmke22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by noarmsduck
I had this issue when I started playing, and I still do against some teams. I won't get shredded for 400 yards, but QBs will have an insanely high completion percentage against me (80-90%). To counter that I usually mix up my playcalling and get more pressure. This doesn't usually help with the completion percentage though, as they just hold onto the ball and I end up getting an unrealistic amount of sacks. So I end up with two skewed statistics categories but it's an effective way to neutralize the opposing offense and win game.
This is how I played on All pro and won a lot of games against CPU. I would have about 5 sacks a game which helped. Saw high Accuracy but also some drops and bad throws. I have been playing on All Madden last month, and getting absolutely shredded with 80-90% QB Acc, and very few dropped balls and miss throws. I think All pro is most realistic difficulty this year, I think playing on All Madden someone can expect to lose a majority of their games, or try desperately to get a win despite having CPU QB throw for 90%. I have never been a slider changer also, so maybe it's my fault for not changing and just using default game settings.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:51 PM   #15
Rookie

It surely does seem that the cpu QB accuracy is insane. The thing that really gets me is even when playings man coverage some of the CPU WR's get wide open with nobody around them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 11:50 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

It is not a bug, it is a balancing issue.

To fix it they need to adjust 4 different things.

1. QBs should be more willing to throw into tight coverage. Every QB on Madden is Matt Cassel. We need more tendencies.

2. Adaptive AI, even for players on human teams. CBs should jump or play certain routes after seeing them multiple times.

3. Improved interaction/animations for WR/DB. More animations where the corner is only trying to break up the pass. They have a couple in there, but they are limited. One tends to only happen on passes over the middle (drags mostly) where the CB hooks his arm into the WRs waist to rip the ball out. Add things like that. Right now the thought process for CBs is usually 1. try to intercept, 2. damn he caught it, better tackle him.

4. Not every type of pass is equal. It is harder to throw an accurate ball on a corner route than it is on a crossing route or dig. As it is now if a QB has 85 MAC, then all passes in that area are equally accurate.

Bonus round: Make timing/intangibles matter. You drafted a WR in the 6th round because he is 6'4" with 95 speed but horrible awareness/route running? He should visibly run bad routes and be horrible on timing. Obviously it should affect the AI as well. currently route running only acts a jedi mind trick/modifier for the CB. That is not good enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »