Home

Balance WR progression? Sammy Watkins

This is a discussion on Balance WR progression? Sammy Watkins within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #1
Rookie

Fixxer's Arena

OVR: 0
Balance WR progression? Sammy Watkins

How should you progress a balance wide receiver like Sammy Watkins for sim purposes? Is things like strength/acc/jump something to progress? Speed cost too much IMO. I am using him in online league but some games get simmed and he always gets outplayed by Mike Williams who is lower rated than he is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 05:34 AM   #2
Rookie

saybur's Arena

Re: Balance WR progression? Sammy Watkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxer
How should you progress a balance wide receiver like Sammy Watkins for sim purposes? Is things like strength/acc/jump something to progress? Speed cost too much IMO. I am using him in online league but some games get simmed and he always gets outplayed by Mike Williams who is lower rated than he is.
When simming my #2 receiver always outperforms my #1. I think it's just the way the sim engine is set up, maybe accounting for more double teams on the #1.

As far as progressing Sammy, I'd stay away from physical attributes as they cost a ton. Focus on his intangibles like Spec Catch, Route Running, Awareness(if you're simming a lot), etc.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #3
Rookie

noarmsduck's Arena

Get Catch and CIT both up to ~95 or higher. After that go route running and awareness.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #4
Pro

I increase consistensy and awareness to at least 80+ than you can go to other attributes u want help to get better in or whatever fits your system.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Fixxer's Arena

Thanks guys for the response. Do you go with the confidence modified overall or adjust the main rating. I have Watkins at 99 confidence and that makes his catch 95 CIT 94 Route running 90 release 96 and awarness 84. But his actual numbers are 89 catch 88 CIT and 88 spec. I noticed that in one of my offline leagues I had the cpu progress Watkins and the first package they bought was the cover always package. Would that help with holding onto a ball when making a catch? I thought it just had to do with not fumbling. Again thanks for the reaponse
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »