Home

Should the Calvin Johnson Rule Be 'In The Game' (Madden 15)

This is a discussion on Should the Calvin Johnson Rule Be 'In The Game' (Madden 15) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2015, 04:52 PM   #9
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
They don't even have pass interference in the game...they don't even have defensive holding in the game...there are NO WR interactions in the game...lets deal with the issues at hand.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:00 PM   #10
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Should the Calvin Johnson Rule Be 'In The Game' (Madden 15)

Should it be in the game, yes. If this product is going to be a representation of the NFL, then it should be in the game. Now do I have faith they EA can properly represent this rule? well, we all know the answer to that.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:03 PM   #11
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
I hate to be that guy, man we need some of the basic penalties to be put in the game. I still haven't see a pass interference call in M15.
I came here to be that guy. We can't worry about rules and calls that rarely occur until we get basic calls in the game. The NFL has become a penalty heavy league and this should be reflected, to an extent, in Madden.

I don't want penalties dictating my madden games; however I also don't want games to be decided by penalties that should be called.

Also a couple weeks ago me n my buddy were playing a game in madden and I saw my first ever offensive pass interference called. I had no idea they were in the game. Me and my friend were shocked. Not only have I never seen a PI call in madden, I never even imagine offense PI would be called. I also have no idea why it was called because I didn't see anything out of tje ordinary in the play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2015, 05:06 PM   #12
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Wait, is this topic serious? The Madden franchise can't even implement proper penalty calls let alone match the Challenge system found in APF2K8.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:13 PM   #13
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
No I dnt like this made up rule to give a win to the home team that paided for a win. Because it's a catch all day.
It's not a "made up rule". It is how the rule is written. The second I saw the ball pop out my mind went to the Calvin Johnson no-catch call from a few years ago. It is a crap rule and needs to be re-written but unfortunately for the Cowboys the league did nothing to fix the issue after the Calvin Johnson incident and now the rule is under scrutiny yet again after showing its ugly face in the playoffs. Hopefully the league actually looks into the rule this time instead of ignoring the issue.

The NFL and referees have a lot to go over this off-season. Bad calls have been an on going problem in the playoffs and inconsistent offciating had been a theme all season. The league needs to rewrite rules and make sure refs understand what they are calling because I am sick of lookong back at games and wondering if the officials effected the outcomes.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:13 PM   #14
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
I'll get this back on track so it doesn't become a complaint thread:

How could they even begin to put this in the game where it didn't feel completely random and forced?

It happens so rarely where this call actually affects the outcome of a game that the last instance people can remember off-hand is Megatron "dropping" that pass back in 2010.

Can EA put in something that affects a game once every 4-5 years?

I know you guys think "if it happens in real life, it should happen in the game", but let's be realistic. I've watched every single Chiefs game since 2008 and I can't remember this rule ever coming into play. Does it really need to be IN the game for Madden to be an accurate representation of the NFL?
Old 01-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #15
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0

My answer is a BIG no! We can't even get penalties that work or challenges that work. Let's get those things right in the game 1st than maybe I'll change my mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2015, 05:45 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
I beg to differ. Once in a block kick attempt, one of my guys got blocked in the back and knocked completely over the offensive line doing a back-flip, but he landed directly on his neck and it wasn't as graceful as Kam's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »