Home

Is it better to wait for Madden 16, or start now?

This is a discussion on Is it better to wait for Madden 16, or start now? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2015, 05:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is it better to wait for Madden 16, or start now?

A friend of mine and I have historically played in Online Dynasties together in the now defunct NCAA Football game. When NCAA died, we tried a few other online franchise modes in different games, such as NHL, and while they were fun, they never recaptured the magic of the NCAA Online Dynasties. All of this was back on the PS3. We're now moving into the PS4 territory, and are contemplating getting Madden 15 to play on Online Connected Franchise together. I've looked around on the general interwebs and on this site, but it looks like most reviews of the game include very little about Online Connected Franchise after any post release patches.

My question for the Madden community is - should we dive into an Online Connected Franchise in Madden 2015, or just bide our time until the "new and improved" Madden 2016 comes out? Some of you may say, "why not do both...". Historically speaking, we move through dynasties/franchises slowly, and over long periods of time. We've both got families and kids, so we move at a snail's pace. We typically start a 'chise in one year's version of the game, and then skip the next year's game and keep the 'chise alive for two full years. Or, sometimes, we find that the mode is too similar from year to year and needs at least two years to feel fresh again (isn't that familiar???). thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2015, 05:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Elway7's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Is it better to wait for Madden 16, or start now?

You might as well buy 15 and get it cheaper, just after the season. 16 will be the same, so you won't miss a thing. I still buy it every year though.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

"I still buy it every year though."

And thats why its the same every year.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:57 PM   #4
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

i disagree with all the above. If you only want it for Online CFM ( leagues) , then i suggest you wait till madden 16 . Here is why, that ADDED a new confidence and regression system that basically has ruined most the fun in online CFMs IN Madden 15. so if you just want it for that, its not worth it , even at used price. However , unlike above posts, ill tell you , the game wont be the same next year. Some people just like to keep their blinders on all the time and never take them off and look at reality. The reality is the game has overall been improving since madden 12 . This year the gameplay is the best ive seen it, still some issues but nothing near what it was . I have no real gripe about the gameplay . They added custom draft classes for cfms which are great,really brings some fun back to draft , now that those stupid cheat sheets are gone! Both things i mentioned above , are things we asked for , and got. The problem is Ea added this new confidence and regression system .Which in theory is a very good idea, it was poorly done , very unbalanced and just flat out unrealistic. It basically shackles any team that has a bad season, while boosting those who have good ones, to a point where the peps who had bad season or two will never dig out of the hole it puts them in.I do believe in madden 16 those issues will be addressed, the gameplay will be good, and we will have a much better Online CFM. Thats an honest opinion from someone who can see clearly its been improving. People tend to forget they only get about 10 months to work on madden fully. They can only add so much each year, so yes , it is slowly improving, but it is improving. Ive been running online league since madden 12 and ive def seen alot of things the community has asked for come to the game.Wait it out at this point if i was you.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 01-14-2015, 08:24 PM   #5
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

OVR: 0

i'm sorry, but for some of us the game hasn't seen improvements anywhere except for MUT and graphics. warping is worse than ever, especially with the new tackling where players now can be running one direction, and be 5 yards away from a ball carrier and completely change direction and warp towards the guy running with the ball and make a play. that didn't happen in madden 12 nearly as much. that said, if you were set on buying a version of madden, i would buy Madden 15 on sale. i would not waste 60 dollars on what is basically a roster update, with added player warping and MUT features. unless of course all of your friends plan on getting Madden 16 then i Madden 16 would be the obvious choice for online CFM Leagues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 09:30 PM   #6
Just started!

vazooo1's Arena

OVR: 0
Cool Re: Is it better to wait for Madden 16, or start now?

I would say to start now. My friend and I were discussing madden and its transition to the xbox360 and the game became really disappointing with the lack of things you can do.

I'd say if you want new game, fancy fancy, get the new one. Else keep playing old madden games where there's actually alot of variability in things you can do.

Just my two cents.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for the replies. appreciate the thoughts. From those that have played an online 'chise in '15, it sounds like it's fun for the first year, maybe two, but that the simming and progression make it broken after that....is that a fair assessment?
Old 01-16-2015, 07:57 AM   #8
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

If your a stickler for realism, definitely wait. CFM will frustrate you to no end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »