Home

Adjusting how the Depth Chart and player positions operate

This is a discussion on Adjusting how the Depth Chart and player positions operate within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2015, 01:44 AM   #9
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Adjusting how the Depth Chart and player positions operate

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
There needs to be strong side and weak side linebackers and DE..this should be done automatically once they break the huddle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This, this is huge in football strategies and personnel.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Old 01-15-2015, 08:22 AM   #10
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Depth chart positions need added:

Swing Tackle
Swing Guard
Long Snapper (exclusive to LS nothing else)
Place Holder
Nickel Corner
0-Tech
1-Tech
2-Tech
3-Tech
Rover

All of these needed added to further set the depth chart properly. Also you should be able to set a corner to starting RCB or LCB and Nickle Corner simultaneously. When you do this that outside corner will play the Nickle when in Nickle/Dime/Quarters etc.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:10 AM   #11
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Depth chart positions need added:

Swing Tackle
Swing Guard
Long Snapper (exclusive to LS nothing else)
Place Holder
Nickel Corner
0-Tech
1-Tech
2-Tech
3-Tech
Rover

All of these needed added to further set the depth chart properly. Also you should be able to set a corner to starting RCB or LCB and Nickle Corner simultaneously. When you do this that outside corner will play the Nickle when in Nickle/Dime/Quarters etc.
It's amazing how Long Snappers are on the team but can't be put in as LS making them completely useless, I always cut them. Madden just needs to make a new attribute for long snapping as it's a pretty difficult task that the average LT can't just step in and do without practice. The lower the attribute, the more likely a bad snap should occur - it's amazing something like this isn't in the game considering the game has poor throws built in.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2015, 12:38 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I, too, think we need a whole new system for roster building and roster evaluation.

The depth chart seems not to match the player types system in the schemes well (like all WR are rated by the category for WR 1, or all DT are rated by the category for DT 1).

We should be able to set field and boundary types for defense.

We should also be able to dictate strong and weak side players and have the CPU line up your strong and weak DEs, LBs, and Ss according to the alignment of the offense.

Excellent post!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:40 PM   #13
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedLion14
Just want to point out something about the WR to TE shift - the drop in speed is likely also accompanied by an increase in strength, I believe, which is to simulate the fact that he has to bulk up in order to play TE, so that he can more effectively block and whatnot.
Strength is never increased with the position change. Although I am not sure if the price of xp changes to allow strength to be increased quicker. I do not like all the restrictions in place regarding the rosters or the fact that I have to go through 5 screens to get to things that should be in one place. I should be able to do anything with a player from the main roster page. Such as backing out of the roster page, scrolling to the actions tab, scrolling down to player progression, scrolling over to the traits tab. I just want to see this guys development ability!
Back to the point, the physical attributes should only be changed if you were changing the guys physical appearance. Such as losing 15 pounds like Leveon Bell did last offseason. Probably lost some strength but added considerable spd, acc, and agi. Unfortunately Madden lacks any resemblance of variety in life forms or the ability to create it.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:34 PM   #14
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

While it would be nice to have this more realistic, I don't think we will ever see it. First, Madden is designed to cater to both the hardcore fan and the football newb. Making it too complicated would turn off a lot of guys from playing and staying engaged. Also, the coding for that is likely a nightmare. Having to code (and have it work correctly) between field corners and boundary corners and weak and strong side LBs, etc would be extremely labor intensive and they would probably never get it right. As much as I might like to see it, I'd prefer they get other things right and leave this alone. Formation subs allow you to do most of this manually in game. Yeah, time runs out too quick but that is a lot easier than trying to implement all of that new coding.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »