Home

NFL Combine

This is a discussion on NFL Combine within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2015, 08:32 AM   #1
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0
NFL Combine

Will their ever be an NFL combine in Madden for the rookies. IIRC there was a combine in like Madden 10 or 11? If their is one in Madden 10, I would think for sure that there would be one in Madden 16.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2015, 12:55 PM   #2
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NFL Combine

It was Madden 07/08, when you created a player you had to perform combine drills to get his ratings.

IMO raw attributes in franchise should be view-able by default, speed, strength, acceleration etc. All NFL teams know these without scouting, or individual work outs.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 01-19-2015, 04:17 PM   #3
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
It was Madden 07/08, when you created a player you had to perform combine drills to get his ratings.

IMO raw attributes in franchise should be view-able by default, speed, strength, acceleration etc. All NFL teams know these without scouting, or individual work outs.
Or just let us edit classes, we would know who is good, and what kinda player they are.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 01-19-2015, 04:22 PM   #4
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't care for the combine to come back. I'd rather the resources go somewhere else. However, breaking the scouting up into live, video and combine might be cool.

Say you have x hours to spend to send scouts to watch guys live, x to watch videos and x to spend at the combine. From there you uncover attributes. Most guys letter grade for speed and strength should show after combine but you could invest in watching their positional drills or interviewing them (which could unlock some potential, work ethic, personality, etc). Watching guys live and on video could uncover more. Might be interesting if they can do it well.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 01-19-2015, 06:13 PM   #5
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
I don't care for the combine to come back. I'd rather the resources go somewhere else. However, breaking the scouting up into live, video and combine might be cool.

Say you have x hours to spend to send scouts to watch guys live, x to watch videos and x to spend at the combine. From there you uncover attributes. Most guys letter grade for speed and strength should show after combine but you could invest in watching their positional drills or interviewing them (which could unlock some potential, work ethic, personality, etc). Watching guys live and on video could uncover more. Might be interesting if they can do it well.
I just want the combine numbers, no need to actually so the combine workouts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2015, 01:20 AM   #6
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

There are many problems with CFM as it is so I would take them getting sorted before anything being added or re-added.

In the future I think it should come back fully.

It will add a bit more depth to CFM player which is so stripped down to even how the old Superstar mode used to be. You just have to look at NBA 2k and how much they concentrate on that mode and the success it has had to see that the Madden version is way behind.

In terms of CFM coach/owner. They use the combine numbers for real life rookies they add in the game and have the numbers equal a madden attribute. I guess the current generation of rookies in the game is purely generating madden attributes from a range for that set position, height, weight and player type. They would only need to take the madden attributes that are generated and turn them in to combine results that there is a page to view. They can keep the letter grades but they should be viewable not scouted.

What Dj_MyTime says about raw attributes being viewable is right and the combine can be added to add more depth and be the reason why the attributes don't need scouting.

I think scouting could be reworked and majesty95 has good ideas. I would be happy with just the current way getting better integrated and made more realistic.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Combine week so I thought I would revisit this thread.

I agree that the combine needs to be included in Madden now since it is so heavily covered in the media and on NFL Network.

Like lbj273 said even if specific attributes were uncovered after the combine week since they are not a mystery in real life for coaches and scouts these days.

2 of the most popular events in the NFL off-season are the Combine and the draft. I would like to seemajor improvements in the actual game.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #8
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

Maybe they could just have the combine in two different elements of the game:

A) you see 40 times, shuttle time, bench press, in the recruit's card by default (like he currently has a production rating, and you can see his height/weight). This comes free.

B) you can spend additional hours/resources by "attending" players' positional drills, where you can actually control them while they're doing it. This is similar to the NBA 2K system... But it'll make the scouting system more fun & will also be more realistic because in RL, you can see a player play before you draft him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »