Home

what would make ccm more interesting for you (non gameplay)

This is a discussion on what would make ccm more interesting for you (non gameplay) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 01-21-2015, 08:39 PM   #9
Rookie

1NFAMOU5808's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: what would make ccm more interesting for you (non gameplay)

I'm one for the GM mode being added as well. That'd be a challenge to either, jump into a team and manage the coaching personnel as well as players to keep it balanced. Of course, for the Cowboys, this option should be locked to give a nod to Jerry for his stance on running the team.

My CFM Options would look like this:

Player: Start as a new player, either playing in the East/West Shrine game or the Senior Bowl. From there, go through the NFL Combine to determine further more where your draft stock is. Also, include interviews with teams and throw in the Wonderlic test like past Madden games.

Coach: This mode could start you off as an offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator or head coach. If you decide you want to start as an OC or DC, you simply coach one side of the ball, if you decide you want to be HC, you have to deal with both sides of the ball. I think by being an OC or DC, that'd be awesome as it'd allow you to possibly get a better job or even a promotion to HC if you constantly do well. Also for a head coach,

GM: This mode would be more for managing personnel of staff and players. Keeping chemistry afloat, providing the coach with rosters (drafting and free agency). Of course, a HC could offer insight to what position he feels should be addressed, but in the long run, the GM has final say with players. Also, there could be something like NBA2K's meter where it gages the confidence staff has in you/the job, which would be something a bit challenging to manage.

Owner Mode: This should be simply for managing financial needs and making sure the stadium is up to play in. I don't like how they take the Al Davis/Jerry Jones approach with Owner Mode being GM as well, not a fan of that. Separate the jobs as they should be.. Being an owner of a team should be much more difficult than just setting merchandise and ticket prices. Have the numbers game be difficult and complex, also throwing in sponsorships and the ability to rename the stadium like previous Maddens would be a nice touch.

Another thing that'd make CCM interesting is the downtime. I like the step they took this game with the free agency, little nods like 'Team Location' and stuff is good, especially when you see DeSean Jackson's filled due to the Raiders being in CA.. But there needs to be more. Why not have a cut-scene like 2K with a sitdown interview where you can negotiate on the spot?

Also, the draft/scouting needs to be redone. No more just number values, give us actual stats. Allow us to visit the Combine and scout players for ourselves as the draft nears. There's no reason that a numerical value should be represented in a day and age where there's so much sites [Pro Football Focus, STATS] are able to give us true numbers! I don't care if a WR has a 95SD, how fast did he do his 40 and shuffle run? I see a DT that has a 99STR, how much times did he rep 225lbs?

Also being able [depending on what you decide to be IE; player, coach, GM, owner] to mess with different stuff. Players could be approached for commericals/sponsorship deals with Nike/Reebok/UA.. Coaches can formulate gameplans, GMs can have a special set of numbers as far as player pro/regression goes and owners can see a special set of numbers to see if the franchise is bleeding and if it needs to be fixed.

Also, in the offseason? GIVE US THE CHANCE TO BE FEATURED ON HARD KNOCKS!

The guy who posted a few up from me has the same ideas for the most part, the quote option wasn't working for some reason but I agree with a lot of what he said. In 2015, Madden should be giving us the most in-depth look at the NFL, not keeping us 'on an island' as someone perfectly stated.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:27 PM   #10
Rookie

How I would do it. Well, for the most part, keep it similar to what it is now, maybe expand the news a bit more, but what I would change is who you could be, and only slightly.

Player - same as now, just add some personal touches; haven't really played a player one, so idk much about it.

Coordinator - the personnel are interchangeable with coach, except you can only play as your "specialty - offense, defense, special teams" and you cannot acquire players. You do set the gameplan for your part, however, although you can get directives from the head coach, and if your plan isn't working and you're not listening to your coach, you can get fired. Especially interesting if the coordinator and coach have different schemes and philosophies, because this conflict will happen all the time.

Coach - literally same as now; basically a GM/coach. More likely to be fired, however, as well as interactions with the media added.

Owner - literally the same as now; basically a Owner/GM/coach.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:13 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

Bring back the Tony Bruno Show or something similar. And I think one of the older maddens let us hire and promote our own coaches, and recently retired players could be hired as coaches too. That was a neat feature.

And I'm not sure if coaches progress in this game, but I think they should progress just as players do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2015, 11:05 PM   #12
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

custom NFL draft classes
Old 01-22-2015, 12:27 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

In no particular order:

1. Editable draft classes
2. Far more variation in drafted players. There is pretty much the same stuff year after year in the draft. Also fix the draft quality of some positions (HB not enough speed, TE too weak, DT too weak, CB too strong).
3. Editable Draft board
4. Realistic scouting. Year after year I say this. Real scouts have numbers on every prospect that isn't injured. Please get this right already!!!
5. Everything in CFM feels disconnected. I don't want to cycle through tabs to see info. Give me one screen that shows standings, last game score/basic stats, next game, and relevant headlines.
6. Bring back 100% editing, make it available immediately after the draft, the same as position changes. It can lock after advancing. Then you don't have to worry about your precious goals and xp getting screwed up, and I can fix all the roster issues that they can seem to get right.
7. Players need a long list of tendency sliders to make them play to a certain style (think nba2K). This will make players play different even if they have the same ratings.
8. In coaching I want to be able to rank who my receiving targets are and run/pass %. Who ever is at the top of that ranking is who they try to throw to the most. (Like preferred scoring option in 2K) If I want to feature my slot receiver, then he can be at the top, or if I want to feature my TE, etc.

I'm sure there is more but I'll stop for now.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:04 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
1. Ability for the commissioner to realign divisions. This would help from a competitive balance standpoint.

2. Fully functional waiver system. A player gets cut he must go through waivers, with practice squads.

3. An UDFA signing period after the draft. Increase draft size by 1-200 players so each team can get 8-10 UDFA's.

4. Instead of giving a letter grade for a players athleticism it should instead give combine results which are automatically unlocked.

5. Players should not completely die and become utterly useless once they hit 30. Mike Wallace will not go from being one of the fastest to the slowest WR's in the NFL overnight.

6. Get rid of confidence or make it an option. It is massively flawed, and only catters to the great players that make the playoffs every year.

The first three, I agree with completely. But the last three..please no. The overall system is fine how it is. Players get worse when they age, this system is realistic and after playing and simming tons of seasons I have am actually very happy with it how it is. Confidence is not flawed. It is entirely realistic, it's just buggy. Please don't try to casualify the game.

Edit:

What I want to see in Madden 16 for CCM(without complaining about the poor quality of play on the field)..

1. Fully functional Owner mode, with an intuitive financial system. They need to bring in someone with a brain to work on this, not their typical street bum. QA test to ensure it's actually working as intended.

2. More intelligent draft. Random drafts are great, keeps people from cheating. But having 15 guys from Nebraska going up for the draft at the same time is a bit too much if you ask me..

3. More realistic scouting. Real NFL teams get to actually see their prospects in action. All we get is some stats and a guessing game.

4. AI controlled teams need to properly utilize ALL out of game features that potentially improve players or degrade players in the league.

5. Get a proper loyalty system going for resigning. Desire to resign with a team should be affect quite a bit by loyalty. It's like if Peyton Manning was still a colt, and he just decided NAH, 100 million aint enough. It's not 70 Percent bonus. I'm gonna test the free agency.

6. Bonuses need to act like bonuses act in real life. You don't pay 100% of the bonus immediately upon contract signing. It gets paid through the season along with salary, just separately. And it is guaranteed. But just because it's guaranteed does not mean it's a good idea to have it be paid at signing.

7. A better relocation set up with team builder. Also, get more stadium options. In fact, let us custom build our stadium. Make the stadiums cost a realistic amount of money. No stadium costs a billion dollars. No team could ever afford to spend a billion dollars on a stadium. Teams that have bought and paid for their own stadiums paid no where near the amount of money demanded in Madden.

8. Staff signing. I'm talking Offensive Coordinators, Defensive, QB Coaches etc etc etc.

9. Make room on the MFING disk to get this right by saying enough is enough with the online multiplayer obsession. If your going to develop a multiplayer that takes up half the disk, then don't put it on the disk. It's online multiplayer. Make it free DLC so you can put what needs to put on the disk which is a fully functional and intelligently made video game.

Last edited by Unforeseenx; 01-22-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:53 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NFAMOU5808
I'm one for the GM mode being added as well. That'd be a challenge to either, jump into a team and manage the coaching personnel as well as players to keep it balanced. Of course, for the Cowboys, this option should be locked to give a nod to Jerry for his stance on running the team.

My CFM Options would look like this:

Player: Start as a new player, either playing in the East/West Shrine game or the Senior Bowl. From there, go through the NFL Combine to determine further more where your draft stock is. Also, include interviews with teams and throw in the Wonderlic test like past Madden games.

Coach: This mode could start you off as an offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator or head coach. If you decide you want to start as an OC or DC, you simply coach one side of the ball, if you decide you want to be HC, you have to deal with both sides of the ball. I think by being an OC or DC, that'd be awesome as it'd allow you to possibly get a better job or even a promotion to HC if you constantly do well. Also for a head coach,

GM: This mode would be more for managing personnel of staff and players. Keeping chemistry afloat, providing the coach with rosters (drafting and free agency). Of course, a HC could offer insight to what position he feels should be addressed, but in the long run, the GM has final say with players. Also, there could be something like NBA2K's meter where it gages the confidence staff has in you/the job, which would be something a bit challenging to manage.

Owner Mode: This should be simply for managing financial needs and making sure the stadium is up to play in. I don't like how they take the Al Davis/Jerry Jones approach with Owner Mode being GM as well, not a fan of that. Separate the jobs as they should be.. Being an owner of a team should be much more difficult than just setting merchandise and ticket prices. Have the numbers game be difficult and complex, also throwing in sponsorships and the ability to rename the stadium like previous Maddens would be a nice touch.

Another thing that'd make CCM interesting is the downtime. I like the step they took this game with the free agency, little nods like 'Team Location' and stuff is good, especially when you see DeSean Jackson's filled due to the Raiders being in CA.. But there needs to be more. Why not have a cut-scene like 2K with a sitdown interview where you can negotiate on the spot?

Also, the draft/scouting needs to be redone. No more just number values, give us actual stats. Allow us to visit the Combine and scout players for ourselves as the draft nears. There's no reason that a numerical value should be represented in a day and age where there's so much sites [Pro Football Focus, STATS] are able to give us true numbers! I don't care if a WR has a 95SD, how fast did he do his 40 and shuffle run? I see a DT that has a 99STR, how much times did he rep 225lbs?

Also being able [depending on what you decide to be IE; player, coach, GM, owner] to mess with different stuff. Players could be approached for commericals/sponsorship deals with Nike/Reebok/UA.. Coaches can formulate gameplans, GMs can have a special set of numbers as far as player pro/regression goes and owners can see a special set of numbers to see if the franchise is bleeding and if it needs to be fixed.

Also, in the offseason? GIVE US THE CHANCE TO BE FEATURED ON HARD KNOCKS!

The guy who posted a few up from me has the same ideas for the most part, the quote option wasn't working for some reason but I agree with a lot of what he said. In 2015, Madden should be giving us the most in-depth look at the NFL, not keeping us 'on an island' as someone perfectly stated.
I second and third this message great ideas that would totally pull me into the game. As of now I have no reason to play the online junk, I will not spend more money on a game once I spend money to buy it. So wrong market for me if they want to keep pimping the UM mode. I need a real game, heck half the time I don't log my PS into the internet I don't need to play with others I'm fine being alone, stop forcing me to be social EA. All kidding aside features like these will make me want to buy it next year as of now I'm not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #16
Rookie

Coordinators need to be added. They're a fundamental part to a football team and the fact that you cannot hire OC/DC/STC is ridiculous.

Would also like it if you could fill out an entire coaching staff (assistant positions) and have these hires have certain attribute pros/cons for your team, but I know we're not getting that.

OC/DC/STC is an absolute basic must though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »