Home

what would make ccm more interesting for you (non gameplay)

This is a discussion on what would make ccm more interesting for you (non gameplay) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 01-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: what would make ccm more interesting for you (non gameplay)

I thought of another thing i'd like removed/changed.

Awareness. This is such a BS stat, and instantly becomes a non factor the moment the player takes control of the player, most often the QB. At the very least make this stat not affect the players overall, it's too easy to win super bowls with a 60 ovr QB whose only real lacking is in his irrelevant AWR stat.

This stat is the sole reason why I let the cpu do player progression.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:44 AM   #18
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

They need to just make the CCM experience more connected with the league. Currently, it just feels like a series of play now games. Incorporate the the twitter and news feed stuff into the actual games and have Phil and Jim comment on them.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:36 PM   #19
Rookie

JPBeBeast's Arena

Easy: combine
Old 01-24-2015, 09:39 PM   #20
Rookie

What really needs to happen is 100% of the non-tournament community needs to NOT buy madden 2016. So as to make EA realize just how large of a community we are and how much their profits depend on our satisfaction.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:14 PM   #21
MVP

I have said this many times but will say it again. Playing as a coach should be a lot more involved. It should have coordinators, assistants, and head coaches. You should be able to start as a position coach and move up to head coach and back down when fired. As a position coach you should only be able to control that position in game. As a coordinator, that side of the ball. Your head coach/gm should tell you what position in the draft they want to take a player you control at and you should make those picks and allocated scouting points. Also, they should give you a budget for free agency and resigning your players.

Each coach should bring different abilities to the table which affect player development and performance. Of less importance, coaches should age over a thirty year career and retire. Belichek shouldnt still be coaching in 2035.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2015, 07:24 PM   #22
MVP

Toupal's Arena

There is a reason NBA 2k outsells EA's NBA Live year after year... customization
The let us do what we want to with our franchise. They don't give us a standard to play by. Madden needs to take notes.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:43 PM   #23
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8

1) I would like to see different broadcast teams,like a Fox,cbs,nbc,Espn it would be dope.

2) Bring back a fully customized franchise mode in ccm

3) A college all star game to see your future draft picks in action before drafting them.

4) better halftime show with highlights from other games like 2k5
Old 01-30-2015, 08:52 PM   #24
MVP

Toupal's Arena

When it comes to running a CFM, it is all about the set up. Prepping for game day, and building your team to be the next great dynasty. They are many aspects and features that I feel could make CFM a much greater experience for users. Each will be broken down by different categories.

Penalties
Probably the hottest issue on the boards right now are the lack of penalties an realism. Some ideas that I think would be fun to give madden players a real experience is:
Discipline Instead of just having random penalties in a game to make it more realistic, why not go the extra mile in cfm by having a discipline level, just like confidence. There are always teams and players out there that lead the league in penalties. For example the Raiders of the 1970's... they were known as the Bad Boys of the NFL and year after year, they lead the league in penalties. Or sometimes, there just seems to be a player like Suh who is good for at least one personal foul every four weeks. With that being said, it leads me to my next point.

Suspensions Have some penalties carry over. If a player has 2 personal fouls, he gets ejected. Or possibly have them face a 1 game suspension. It is something every NFL team has had to deal with at some point, just like injuries.
Another aspect to suspensions is off field issues. Just this year alone, we saw two of the leagues premiere running backs face season ending suspensions for something that had nothing to do with football.

The Draft/ Scouting

Update Draft Board

Custom Draft Classes With the absence of NCAA, this seems like the most logical way get real draft classes with real, future NFL stars such as Mariota, Winston, or Gurley. The same way NBA 2k does it would be a simple fix. Give us the randomized draft class, and give us the ability to go in, and simply allow us to do full player edits. Then give us the ability to upload and share them to the rest of the Madden Community.
There used to be people who would spend weeks creating every single player on NCAA just to upload them for the community, I would imagine the same thing would apply here.

Create a Prospect Just another way to get real athletes in the draft

Scouting In real life, you are not going to do a scouting report, and have your scout comeback and tell you, "Odell Beckham Jr. has A- hands.... maybe. I'll have to take a look again to be sure." No... I think if you go out to scout a player, you should get what real NFL teams get... an that is workout numbers. You can see who runs the fastest 40, who can bench the most, and all of that .And most importantly, give them a grade on how they play, or their game tape (because that is what most coaches go off of). You can either decide to go with the guy who puts up great numbers according to the scouts, or draft the guy that is on top of Mel Kiper's Draft Board.

Mock Drafts We have seen it before. A player who has all the hype in the world, thanks to a Mel Kiper or Mike Mayock mock draft, and they end up becoming a flake. I would like to see a column under the draft that has mock drafts from several different analysts. So that way, if you really like a prospect, you can see where they fall in at, as opposed to sitting back and hoping no one drafts him.

Busts
You never see a player become a bust in CFM. They get drafted, and just constantly progress until retirement. I think that needs to change. If a player isn't winning enough games, or performing up to their expectations, I would like to see them get benched, cut, or have another player come in to take their job

Coaching
Assistant Coaches This year there were 8 head coaching changes. And of those 8 changes, 6 of them were assistant coaches on other teams. In Madden you don't see that, because it is like musical chairs for head coaches. Assistant coaches are not only important because of their potential to be the next head coach for your team, but they are important because they are the ones who run the show for their position. A perfect example of that was the Bears D coordinator Mel Tucker. In 2012, the Bears had a top 5 defense, and after firing Lovie Smith and Rod Marinelli, the instead hired an offensive minded Marc Trestman who let Mel Tucker run the show on defense... the result was the Bears having their worst defensive performance in their 90+ year history. The point being, assistant coaches are a huge part of the game.

Stats/ History
Records Breaking records are huge in sports, and especially football. Numerous times, a player will avoid retirement to either get once last chance at a super bowl, or trying to obtain a record. But in Madden, records aren't that big of a deal. If I Adrian Peterson breaks the rushing record in a game I am playing, I wan't there to at least be a stat tracker that pops up, and recognizes him for that accomplishment.
On top of personal records, there is no record of a teams performance, or year to year records. Once you play a season in Madden and move on to the next, it is as if the previous season didn't matter at all. I mean even in the 2020, they still refer to Russell Wilson as last years super bowl winning QB. There has to be a way to keep this thing updated.

Weekly Wrap Up Story I know asking for a weekly wrap up show to catch you up on injuries, transactions,standings, draft prospects, and records seems to be too much at the moment, but there isn't a reason that can't be put into an "NFL.com" type format for us to read at the end of each week's games.

Live Ticker During Games of League News and Stats Another feature NCAA 14 had, when I was playing with my team, it would give me updates on important games around the league. How important would this be come week 17, and you are in a first place tie for your division. Also it would be nice to get up to date playoff standings.

The Players

Player Personality The NFL is full of characters, and on this one, we may be a little too far away from the technology, but it is something for future titles. But if we had it so we could have each player be unique with their personality to dictate how they play. What I mean is giving them personality traits like ratings, such as:

Aggressive vs. Conservative: Is this the kind of guy who will go for the pick 6, or play it safe and knock it down

Diva vs Humble: Is he the guy who celebrates everything or the one who hands the ball to the ref

Team Player vs Selfish Will they want the big contract, or do they want to help their team win come contract time?

Work Ethic Are they going to be the guy who builds XP quickly, or the guy who is a bust and flounders.

Player Edits/ Player Regression Allow full editing of player in CFM... name, position, weight, height, ratings.... everything! This would be great to counter the regression problem that everyone is facing with CFM.

Captain Selection Simple, let us decide who wears the "C" on their jersey

Player Goals Every player, especially the big named players all have certain stipulations in their contract that give them more money when they accomplish a certain task that is on their contract, whether it is making the playoffs, winning the division, or scoring however many TD's

Retirements This builds off of goals. But it bothers me that the year after my first season, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees all retire. Not only do they retire, but they retire while they are still rated at the top of the league
Misc.
CPU vs. CPU This has been extremely popular on most boards, and it seems like a very easy fix

Defensive Assignments You pick Which Player You Want Your Defender to Cover the Whole Game. If I am playing Calvin Johnson and I am the Seahawks, I want no one but Richard Sherman covering him.

Custom Uniforms This would just be a nice feature

Custom Stadium This would be handy for a lot of those older stadiums or relocation. If Madden 2003 has this feature, they is no reason it shouldn't be in Madden 16.

CFM Website/ App How cool would it be if you could manage your team, make trades, pick up free agents, and prep for game day.. or show of your teams roster through a mobile application online or through a smart phone. If any of you are like me, you find yourself traveling a lot for whatever reason, and you can't wait to get home and tweak your roster or team when you get home. With this, you could add several features:
Create Uniforms
Create a Stadium
Edit Rosters
Create Draft Classes
Create Historic Teams
There is so much more that can be done to improve our CFM experience, chyme in with your thoughts and ideas. Hopefully Tiburon and EA Austin will be reading this and make some sort of dramatic changes to everyone's favorite part of Madden.

Last edited by Toupal; 02-01-2015 at 01:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »