Home

what would make ccm more interesting for you (non gameplay)

This is a discussion on what would make ccm more interesting for you (non gameplay) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 02-03-2015, 11:37 PM   #33
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: what would make ccm more interesting for you (non gameplay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
I dont know if this was mentioned yet but here goes:

I'd like the ability to select any team from the schedule and simply play the game if I want without having to create a whole new Coach, Player or Owner and keep switching back and forth each time I want to play a single game off the schedule with a certain team. (This used to be in the old madden games)

I'd like the ability to set uniforms for both teams before a game (this also used to be in the old Madden games)

I'd like the ability to see all the team's records in the League Schedule screen: for example Green Bay (12-3) vs SF (10-5) so I can easily see key matchups without having to flip back and forth between the standings and the schedule screens. (this also used to be in the old maddens)

I'd love to see more emphasis on pre game scouting reports on a team's opponents like key players, tendencies, play calling styles, more team stat ranking categories. Stuff to give the player the feeling like they can gain a slight advantage or insite to their opponent if they review this before they play them.

Maybe some more intelligent announcer pre game analysis and keys to victory for each team to discuss at the beginning and during a game the way Chris Collinsworth does on Sunday Night and Gruden does on Monday Night games
I have mentioned it before. A commissioner mode. You don't pick a team, coach, or player. You just start up a dynasty and play whatever game you want, create a draft class, make league rules, create or move new teams, control the rosters or coaches for each team. Something that gives you complete control!
Old 02-03-2015, 11:39 PM   #34
MVP

Toupal's Arena

This here is a mock up I made, of what create a draft class could look like....

Old 02-04-2015, 12:02 AM   #35
Rookie

jcass10's Arena

OVR: 2

Put this in another thread, so I may as well add to it.

1. Get rid of Scouting via XP.

-You have a certain amount of hours to scout every week leading up to the draft.
-After the season you get more time to scout players and host individual workouts. Individual workouts use the most of your time, but yield the greatest results.
-You can assign scouts to scout certain players/positions every week to get the basic ratings. The more time you spend scouting the more accurate results you get.
-You have access to the basic measurable of every prospect (40, bench etc.) After the combine, you get the exact numbers.
-The more expensive your scouting team is (go into more detail below), the more accurate results you get.

2. Get rid of progression via XP. You guys can probably tell, I dont care for XP points in football games. This is probably much harder to implement than my scouting solution, but its a wishlist, so who cares lol.

- Each team has a budget of 'X' amount of dollars to towards a coaching staff and front office. These coaches can honestly just be generated names because most dont care about position coaches.
- The higher rated position coaches you have, combined with "focus" in practice, affect how a player develops. So for example, if I draft a DE in the first round, he will develop much better under Karl Dunbar than Bryan Cox (Falcons DL Coach)
- The "focus" in each practice could be a mini game or something like that. That could slowly increase how you develop in certain ratings.
- Your budget would never allow you to hire all the best coaches. You would have to balance how you want your defense to play. Do you want a great DL/****ty secondary? Or a more balanced D.

3. Undrafted Free Agents
- A lot of people underestimate the value of undrafted free agents. There were 12 first round picks in this years Superbowl. There were 44 UDFA's. I feel like after the most recent season I played the only UDFA's were fullbacks. The right UDFA with the right coaching staff will develop into a cost effective player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2015, 12:07 PM   #36
Rookie

crf2012's Arena

a few things for me,
1 bring back coordinators, having fake coaches be the only option if you fire your coach ruins immersion,
2 make controlling all 32 teams much simpler having to spend an hour setting up is awful.
3 either bring back the newspaper or the extra point show, the news feed is awful as far as im concerned.
4 copy ncaa 14s in game around the league in game update style.
5 add the little things as far as rosters go, udfas, practice squad, holdouts, trade demands.
6 lastly make the combine/senior bowl playable or more immersive.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:31 PM   #37
MVP

prey2god's Arena

If they figured out how to add assisted tackles, then that would make the game almost 100x better.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #38
Just started!

I wouldn't mind having the ability to edit player models like you used to. It would fix every drafted player having dreads and a 180 pound WR looking jacked like Trent Richardson.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:24 PM   #39
2w0
Rookie

The only sports games I really play are Madden. I bought NBA 2k14 from a friend last year for cheap and tried it out. The single player storyline, I think called MyCareers, is incredibly fun.

For those unfamiliar with what I'm talking about, you take over an acted character with a voice actor and everything who starts off as a rookie and somehow finds his way into the NBA draft, and with literally Drake's "Started from the Bottom" as your characters theme song, you slowly build your way up to a starter with a few storyline arcs along the way (example: a rivalry with your new team's best player, losing streaks, sponsorship deals, a convo with Lebron, and some personal drama).

Something like that would be incredible to play. It would mix well with a lot of the changes to drills and practices from Madden 15. They could even give it an online function just like NBA 2K. In between games, in NBA 2K, you could wander around a playground with like 20 other players and play pick-up games of basketball, you could totally do something like that with football. Then, since it's online, you can monetize it -- maybe charge $$$ for cosmetic upgrades, or XP/Confidence boosts or something.

A lot of the gameplay functionality is already present in Create a Player, especially with the new practices and Game Prep drills, so really they could just put that all together and then have an art team create some machinima conversation with your created player.

Adding something like that would be a huge attractor and if done well, and would probably earn Madden 16 a lot of really good reviews, similar to how well reviewed Madden 15 was as an upgrade over Madden 25. Also, it could mean they could continue to ignore all of the under-the-surface and challenging issues that are probably leftovers from code from 10 years ago that Madden fans often complain about, like fixing penalties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »