Home

what would make ccm more interesting for you (non gameplay)

This is a discussion on what would make ccm more interesting for you (non gameplay) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 01-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
what would make ccm more interesting for you (non gameplay)

to me ccm is just boring and dull, what are some ideas non gameplay that you think will make it better cause we all know the issues with the gameplay and they have been talked about non stop.

1.I would like to see create and build your own team out of the FA pool. I know they had it in a older madden that I thought was fun.

2. players during the draft walking onstage and accepting jerseys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: what would make ccm more interesting for you (non gameplay)

1. Ability for the commissioner to realign divisions. This would help from a competitive balance standpoint.

2. Fully functional waiver system. A player gets cut he must go through waivers, with practice squads.

3. An UDFA signing period after the draft. Increase draft size by 1-200 players so each team can get 8-10 UDFA's.

4. Instead of giving a letter grade for a players athleticism it should instead give combine results which are automatically unlocked.

5. Players should not completely die and become utterly useless once they hit 30. Mike Wallace will not go from being one of the fastest to the slowest WR's in the NFL overnight.

6. Get rid of confidence or make it an option. It is massively flawed, and only catters to the great players that make the playoffs every year.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

The number one thing that can kill immersion in CCM for me is the feeling that you are on an island in regards to the rest of the league.

I know they have the twitter feed and the headlines with a caption but i'd love a week in review section. It wouldn't need to be a full on highlights show, though that would be sweet, but i'd love to see a button at the top of the Twitter feed and when you click on it it takes you to the week in review.

It would be a page you could scroll down. It would start with the score of all the games from the previous week with perhaps some screen caps of the game, then players of the week and top stat lines from the week. Keep scrolling down and it has the standings right there for you, along with the Top 5 league leaders in QBR, Rushing Yards, etc. Scroll Down a little more and it has Injuries and Finally upcoming games with a point of focus on the game, the point spread or at least the favorite. And as you got later in the season it would start showing playoff scenarios,etc.

I know some of these things can be found currently by going into menus, which leads to another menu, etc. but this would keep it all in one place and give me more of a feel of a living league.

To me this is the thing that keeps CCM most interesting. Having too go 2 menus deep to see scores and stats is just annoying to me.

I used to love the way that NCAA set it up with the SI issues, screens of players, etc. They do it a little bit now but i want them to take it to the next level.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

As much as I absolutely hate the current CFM, I don't want them to tear out things that are already coded in.

For me, to make CFM (off field) at all interesting, it would have to provide realistic options, from progression, regression to roster management. Also, more in depth financials in owner mode. The current CFM feels so much like a toy that it destroys any kind of immersion for me personally.

Now, I say don't rip out what's there (as unrealistic as the current CFM is) because a lot of people enjoy it the way it is.

For me, give options to make it as reasonably realistic as possible while allowing full customization and editing. I miss creating my own Professional Wisconsin Badgers team and inserting it into my NFL franchise.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

CFM is great at the moment, best its been for years.

You can do 32 Team online and offline, Scouting/Progression work (No not perfect but not like the early Xbox days of complete broken), Twitter feeds, Owners mode. Its pretty dam great

For the future,

Training Camp should be represented in some form

UFA should be In as a risk/reward for the 53man roster over the backups who pretty much fill space and do little.

Gaunlet style training per position

and perhaps something for Combine also

Player visits, just things that make you feel like your running your team.

Always wanted to have my playbook (that is easy to make) and play by our rules like you could vote on things
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2015, 05:37 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Further differentiaion in the presentation, goals and overall feel of the game from the different perspectives represented in CFM - Player, Coach and Owner.

Player - more importance on milestones and contractual goals, playing time (that you can't as easily influence because you shouldnt' be able to call the plays) among other things. Not going to try and diagram or explain out each mode in it's entirety, but rather get the gist out.

Coach - emphasis on development of the team and success as a team on the field. managing chemistry and confidence of the team

New: GM - Management of the personnel and team chemistry among other responsibilities.

Owner: Financials and other responsibilities.

A wrinkle to all of this, a veiled way to not have so many distinct roles, is the ability to be the coach that controls the roster, or an owner that gets in on the GM game, etc. How you fit into a job may determine where you want to go or play, and could vary the gameplay experience significantly. Do you go to the team that just needs a good coach to run the roster that is built by a tenured GM or do you go some place where there's no/a weak GM and take on more responsibility? Do poorly over time and not heed the Owner's warnings for improvement and watch the GM get replaced, will he fire you and bring in his own guy while he's at it?

Would also like some form of coaching carousel, and coordinators/assistant coaches so that there's a more fluid sense of movement season to season. All fitting into the above poorly explained system.

In the end, I like the feel of an organic league. Create dynamics between the positions, provide players with options to manage a team quickly and efficiently if that's what their goal is (GM and/or Owner mode), or get in and do it all (Coach w/ personnel responsibilities).

Last edited by mestevo; 01-21-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:07 PM   #7
Rookie

wundrbread33's Arena

OVR: 1

I wouldn't mind having the ability to edit player models like you used to. It would fix every drafted player having dreads and a 180 pound WR looking jacked like Trent Richardson.

I had a DT that had the legs of a corner and a huge gut and kicker arms...talk about realistic.

I also would like more detailed draft and prospect information. Maybe college stats, combine, etc. I mean, if it's in the game, it's in the game right?

I like the way NBA 2k has the commissioner introduce the draft and say the names of the players drafted. It is a small touch that goes a long way. It would be great to have the first few players walk the stage and maybe extend on the commentary.

Progression needs some tweaks too, not sure exactly what but it just seems a little off.

Overall, I have fun with Connected Careers and look forward to how they continue to develop it.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:36 PM   #8
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

The ability to set up a draft boards.

The draft board is basically the scouting board from NCAA Football. If at any point I scout a player, he goes onto that board. If I discover I do not want to work with this player anymore, I can manually remove him. The user will have the ability to set up the board, ranking every player in a manner I so choose. The board could be 35 players just like NCAA, which seems like a reasonable number given that is five players to rank per rounds.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »