Home

I've never experienced anything quite like this.....

This is a discussion on I've never experienced anything quite like this..... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0
I've never experienced anything quite like this.....

It's just so, so broken. But beyond that. How we all sit on here the past few years, trying everything anyone can think of to manipulate this game into even a remotely realistic NFL football experience. And only a few give up (I did last year, for the first time in my life, which would span back to the 1st Madden releases on the Genesis), and I'm about to again, but hundreds and hundreds work diligently to try to squeeze just a little of what we all want out of this. But the craziest part is, like.....how convinced one group of people can be on a concept, or a theory, and then you read one post down, and it's a whole seperate set of people, sold on the same problem fix with complete opposite numbers.

100 pass block, 0 pass block......85 Intentional Grounding, 5 Intentional Grounding...... This is seriously driving me out of my skull. Even if I do set up a slider/theory combo that seems ok, I can't enjoy one single second of it, because I'm constantly second guessing everything about the game. And this isn't entirely "slideritis", I'm usually pretty good about dealing with that. This company has become a joke. They owe us, all of us, not just $65 for their annual broken games, but for the ungodly amount of time everyone ultimately wastes on this. Remember, for every one of the 2 or so dozen of you main slider guys, there is another dozen or two reading along, testing endlessly, and wasting their lives.......This sucks, all we want is a decent game. Man, I sure wish 2k could still make one, this would have been the 10th or 11th one......Arg, sorry for the rant about crap you already know, and thanks for everyones hard work......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #2
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Re: I've never experienced anything quite like this.....

I definitely agree...I'm one to not try to get into too much complaining about the sliders but there is are two aspects that have me at point where I have no motivation to pick this game up. 1: Seahawks vs Panthers game that consistently comes on. 2: The fact that I will be in the middle of a game or even have completed one and it will boot me to the main menu thus causing me to lose whatever progress I had made. If I put out this kind of work at my job...I would be fired. It truly amazes me the lack of guilt that EA Sports can have within themselves to not at least address these two issues. I have been playing madden since PC days and this is an absolute shame.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

It really is, and your right, they cold blooded don't give a flying Eff. This exclusive license crap is a joke, since I posted that, I had to take an hour drive someplace, and I just kept thinking about what a huge fan I am of games like MLB The Show, and NBA 2K, and what they have done with their series over the years is amazing. I bet NFL 2k15 would be amazing too if they could have kept going, and on top of that, it would have continue to push EA to at least be competent, or even accountable. They are neither.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Not to mention what EA did to their NBA series lol ugh, and the last few TW PGA games were extremely lackluster, too, and just buggy as heck. I love how they have boards set up to inquire about things, but they flat out ignore you.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Apparently there is a point in business where a corporation actually gets too big to care...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

one of these years they have to get this right
Old 12-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
one of these years they have to get this right
I am officially giving up on Madden until it moves to another studio with an entirely different development team. If that never happens, I'll spend the money I would have spent on Madden on some version of Sunday Ticket or something like that.

I have persisted in the belief that at some point they would figure out how to represent NFL football with some degree of fidelity, but they just can't seem to get even one core aspect of NFL football right. There's nothing I can point to and say "look at that--they nailed it!" The player models look good in stills, but once you put this game in motion, it's an absolute mess.

Every patch seems to mess things up or introduce more variables than there were before into the mix so that it's near impossible to get a solid slider set going that will give you both reasonably believable stats and decent animations.

The Show came out of the box last year nearly perfect at default. At default, M15 gives you 90% CPU QB completion percentages, 6-9 sacks per game, rag doll animations left and right, no WR/DB interactions, degrees of separation in coverage that you don't even see in bad HS football, etc., etc.

I couldn't stomach M25 for more than a couple weeks. I don't know how I stuck with M15 this long, but I simply can't take it anymore. It's so sad and such a travesty that Tiburon can't make an NFL game that's on par with the best offerings in other sports. And it's not personal; I wish them all well. I just wish that someone in management would say "hey, our fans deserve an elite product, and we're going to give Madden to a studio that can deliver an elite product that will make NLF fans as excited as MLBTS and NBA2K make their fans."

R.I.P. Madden football, R.I.P.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #8
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Think of it as a football videogame that happens to have nfl teams....don't go any deeper or the masquerade is over. I've always thought it was funny (weird not haha) that people belived the sliders made a differnce vs ai and difficulty. The ai is too bad to give a challenge especially the psychic nature of it....when all you have to do is audible, the ai has already lost. The best you can hope to accomplish is making some football moments happen....real football is probably not fun head to head...what do we know about penalties, passes defended, pancake blocks, and player individuality...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »