Home

What Happen to Customization?!?

This is a discussion on What Happen to Customization?!? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2015, 12:23 AM   #9
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Happen to Customization?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
I actually enjoy the "Apple" approach that Tiburon has taken with the Madden franchise. I like structure, and as long as the structure is fun, it's perfect. It allows me to focus rather than restarting a season because I want to try it a different way. I get more replayability.
Sadly, that structure is not fun.

Unless your idea of structure is unrealistic nonsense...then I guess its perfect FOR YOU.

Quote:
Team Builder sounds cool but should be added as DLC so they can profit some more on the product.
This has to be a joke.

Quote:
Custom classes are not needed because they have storylines built in. They just need to make the storylines more dynamic and authentic.
Maybe not for you. You dont speak for everyone.

TONS AND TONS of people want to play with custom classes...regardless of whether you want it or not.

You dont want it? Fine.....you dont have to use it.

Quote:
Editing rosters should be allowed in CFM for everything except for ratings. There are reasons why players are rated a certain way.
LMAO.....seriously, all I can do is laugh at this. You clearly put very little thought into this.

Again, if you dont want to edit players, DONT. The OPTION should be there for those who do.

Quote:
Relocation was perfect this year. Better uniforms and being able to hear your team named said by announcers is cool. If they left it wide open, we wouldn't get to hear the commentary to match.
Relocation was perfect?

You have a very distorted view of what PERFECTION actually is.

Nothing in Madden is perfect. And while it doesnt need to be perfect....it hovers far closer to mediocre in pretty much every imaginable area.

Quote:
The way I look at it is that I'm paying $60 for a license to play their game. I don't own the game and I don't deserve any input.
Wow....seriously? I dont even know what to say to something like this.

Serious question...do you know how business works? Like...at all? I dont think you do based on this post.

Quote:
If I don't like a game, I just don't buy it. I'm not one to spend good money and complain about it. I make it work.
Same here.

However, that doesnt mean football fans shouldnt have their voices heard when it means the difference between buying the game and NOT buying the game.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:13 PM   #10
Rookie

Full customization would be fantastic. How about the ability to change your teams primary and secondary colors so you could revert to a retro logo (i.e. the rams going back to royal blue and yellow or Tampa going back to the creamsicle uniforms. The ability to edit all of that and have your stadium and field and presentation represent it would be great. How about if you were able to take control of the Texans, and revert them back to the Oilers.

Edit/Change jersey styles for teams.

More realistic equipment for players. Under Armour Gloves? they have the shoes, but no other equipment? the undershirts for players are awful as well, just a color change down to the elbow.

Relocate to any major city in the US for sure and most in canada and some worldwide. Las Vegas, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, Omaha, maybe the NFL Europe Cities?

The ability to change a players position during the year or maybe a broader category. You draft and sign "Offensive Lineman" and their trait can be "tackle, guard, center etc" and will be rated in the depth chart at each position. Same could apply to Defensive linemen because of the difference in schemes between 4-3 and 3-4. A 3-4 End should be a bigger body type similar to a 4-3 defensive tackle. At least allow us to switch between them during the season.

in a defensive scheme, allow me to be able to place a certain defensive backs to shadow certain receivers

On offense, be able to customize FORMATION SUBS!!!!! bring this feature back!!! there are so many specialty type players in the league, why can we not use them accordingly? Randall Cobb in the slot or in the backfield. or having a "thunder and lightning" running back approach. In your power forms you have your big back for power running and in the shotgun you have a scat back that can catch and move.

Customize coaching styles. i know it has a little to do with game plan but that system is such a pain to customize every star rating for every situation. Run/Pass percentage overall and maybe you can adjust it within certain ranges week to week depending on who you are playing that week or if a star qb or rb gets hurt?
Old 01-29-2015, 03:42 PM   #11
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettas2
Full customization would be fantastic. How about the ability to change your teams primary and secondary colors so you could revert to a retro logo (i.e. the rams going back to royal blue and yellow or Tampa going back to the creamsicle uniforms. The ability to edit all of that and have your stadium and field and presentation represent it would be great. How about if you were able to take control of the Texans, and revert them back to the Oilers.

More realistic equipment for players. Under Armour Gloves? they have the shoes, but no other equipment? the undershirts for players are awful as well, just a color change down to the elbow.

Relocate to any major city in the US for sure and most in canada and some worldwide. Las Vegas, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, Omaha, maybe the NFL Europe Cities?

The ability to change a players position during the year or maybe a broader category. You draft and sign "Offensive Lineman" and their trait can be "tackle, guard, center etc" and will be rated in the depth chart at each position. Same could apply to Defensive linemen because of the difference in schemes between 4-3 and 3-4. A 3-4 End should be a bigger body type similar to a 4-3 defensive tackle. At least allow us to switch between them during the season.

in a defensive scheme, allow me to be able to place a certain defensive backs to shadow certain receivers

On offense, be able to customize FORMATION SUBS!!!!! bring this feature back!!! there are so many specialty type players in the league, why can we not use them accordingly? Randall Cobb in the slot or in the backfield. or having a "thunder and lightning" running back approach. In your power forms you have your big back for power running and in the shotgun you have a scat back that can catch and move.

Customize coaching styles. i know it has a little to do with game plan but that system is such a pain to customize every star rating for every situation. Run/Pass percentage overall and maybe you can adjust it within certain ranges week to week depending on who you are playing that week or if a star qb or rb gets hurt?
All of these features would be incredible. Every year at least one team does an overhaul to their uniforms. Just like the Bucs this year, the Seahawks two years ago... I think that this would be important because what you are now getting into is having a constant progression with your dynasty. Instead of ever changing rosters, you add the element of making each season unique by adding new features like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettas2

That part would be a tremendous upgrade to the Madden 16 roster. Imagine how much better it would make free agency in CFM. Imagine offering a guy backup money and he turns it down because he feels he can be a starter. So he waits until someone makes him a starter. You would have to designate whether he plays LT, LG, C, etc and then that would also play a role in whether he signs with your team.

Overall the post is great, I agree customization needs to come back to Madden in a big way. Let the user play how he wants, not force us to play by how EA wants us to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »