Home

This video is what they are really going for

This is a discussion on This video is what they are really going for within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 02-04-2015, 05:50 AM   #17
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This video is what they are really going for

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportskid84
Yeah if you're a offline franchise guy like myself ,you might as well forget about a polished franchise mode
It is depressing how much stuff they have removed from franchise mode over the years. EA is forever going to tailor to the online community, because those are the ones who will continue to give them money, even after they have already purchased the game.

It makes me sad with how much effort goes into something as simple as MUT, but yet they ignore the one thing that started it all, Franchise Mode.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:45 PM   #18
Rookie

All those spin moves on the return can be stopped by just letting the cpu tackle them and not risking missing a tackle
Old 02-09-2015, 02:20 AM   #19
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xa0wnerx
All those spin moves on the return can be stopped by just letting the cpu tackle them and not risking missing a tackle
You maybe right, but that didn't look realistic and that's the problem with this game. It shouldn't be happening in the first place and that shouldn't be the main emphasis.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:56 AM   #20
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
You maybe right, but that didn't look realistic and that's the problem with this game. It shouldn't be happening in the first place and that shouldn't be the main emphasis.
This problem is two fold, first the spin move is either perceived to be more effective or simply is more effective than any other move, second spamming the spin move seems to always be a problem in Madden from my experience.

You can animate the game as smooth as possible but if the user wants to make it look unrealistic they can. Another game that has had problems with spin moves is the NBA2K series, spin dunks and spinning through the late used to be a huge thing. The game was animated beautifully and when one wanted it to it played in a very sim manner, when one didn't want it to it was awful to watch. I haven't played that game in a few years but I remember online play in it being much less like high level basketball than madden is to football which shows how much user input can change things.

Yes things look funny when you see plays like this but I've yet to see a animation based game that looks good in motion when the user doesn't want it to.

I know there is more to this problem than that but it is a contributing factor.

Last edited by baller7345; 02-09-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #21
Banned

This game probably has the worst suction, warping, gliding and sliding of any sports game ive ever played. Every juke move, tackle, catch, etc, is pre-determined, along with stiff robotic animations make this game unplayable to me, in Madden 16 all this magnetic suction better be eliminated at the very least.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »