Home

Madden 16 vs MLB The Show 15

This is a discussion on Madden 16 vs MLB The Show 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 11:56 AM   #1
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
Madden 16 vs MLB The Show 15

I know comparing two different sports games isn't an apples to apples business in terms of fairness, but check out the huge laundry list of updates that are coming to MLB The Show in March in their thread. It is being updated all over the place, and you see the same even with patches that come down for NBA 2K15. Looks like a ton of developer effort to me. In thinking about those things as it pertains to Madden, it's depressing to think how much less of an overhaul Madden 16 might be by comparison, when it arrives in August. I hope EA/Tiburon prove my pessimism wrong for M16, but I find it hard to hope for the same level of refreshing that those other titles seem to be achieving. I will continue to be hopeful, but it's getting tougher to do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 12:00 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden 16 vs MLB The Show 15

Going on 11 years now...
Old 01-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #3
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76

Going on 11 years now...
Yeah, I tried to have a little optimism in my post.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:22 PM   #4
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

MLB The Show 15 is talking about improvements to the GAME & Game Only, Nothing about a side gimmick like MUT. (Correction, I was wrong as SmashMan pointed out, MLB15 version of MUT is mentioned & I was wrong for saying "Nothing" was mentioned), sat in the penalty box for 2 min (felt shame "Slap Shot") lol and now ready to roll.
Qualifier, I guess, it's not in our face nor jammed down our throat like MUT is, thus giving us the feel that this project is secondary to the actual game. Good enough? Eh.......

Sony focused on detail & sim experience. The detail & depth in Franchise mode is impressive.
Still remember when the Madden Dev team shouted out praise for what MLB The Show brought to the table in overall experience.

Last edited by Step2001; 01-31-2015 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:22 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm not sure a thread like this will fly in the Madden section, but it's hard not to feel sad every time I read the latest version of The Show's fact sheet.

There couldn't be a clearer case of how different two companies' philosophies to making sports games can be, or a clearer picture of just how wide a disparity in talent and competence there can be between development studios.

While some certainly bemoan the MLBTS commitment to slow, progressive improvement and refinement of existing strengths, I'll take that any day over the feeling I get with Madden that every year means starting over and thus making little true progress on the game's core elements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 02:39 PM   #6
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
MLB The Show 15 is talking about improvements to the GAME & Game Only. Nothing about a side gimmick like MUT.
Quote:
Diamond Dynasty Distilled
(PS4 & PS3 Only)

Diamond Dynasty is melted down to its core. Now driven by just a handful of systems, it is much more accessible and less daunting to manage. Driven heavily by a new collection based management system, everyone is building a Diamond Dynasty team just by playing any mode in MLB The Show.
I'm in no way saying that The Show isn't more sim-oriented than Madden, but to say that there is "nothing about a side gimmick" is a total lie. The Show has its' Ultimate Team-style mode and its' game currency microtransations just like every other game.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:47 PM   #7
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I'm in no way saying that The Show isn't more sim-oriented than Madden, but to say that there is "nothing about a side gimmick" is a total lie. The Show has its' Ultimate Team-style mode and its' game currency microtransations just like every other game.

Just one thing mentioned?
Yet in the Madden 15 intro Cam Newton is suggesting we try two of Madden popular modes 1st MUT, 2nd CFM!

CFM is THE most popular Mode.....EA focused too much on MUT and it's affecting the cycle and how much get's done with core gameplay (my opinion). Any recent updates add-ons were all MUT focused.

MUT and any mode like it when it comes to any game is a gimmick.

I stand by what I said..........................
Old 01-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
The biggest difference is, imo, that Madden focuses more on MUT because those type modes/gamers are more conducive/forgiving of the games fundamental shortcomings. The Show and other top sports sims can provide both Ultimate team style modes and a core simulation experience, unlike Madden. For Madden to be capable of that would require a complete recreation of it from scratch, which of course ain't happening due to EA's cost benefit analysis.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »