Home

Not Sim? Madden Completely Gets the Super Bowl Right...

This is a discussion on Not Sim? Madden Completely Gets the Super Bowl Right... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 02-06-2015, 08:29 AM   #33
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0
Not Sim? Madden Completely Gets the Super Bowl Right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
My thoughts are all over the place concerning this thread title and the general notion of Madden being any kind of NFL "sim" but I'm going to try to focus in this post.

I think that any game making this type of claim, should prove it by posting a full game of CPU v CPU, for everyone to see just how it compares to the real thing. That means a complete Super Bowl game, with 15 min quarters, played out CPU v CPU in Madden and posted for everyone to see, if they choose to.

Considering that, can someone that has the game actually do this and have it posted to view on youtube, Twitch or something? Recreate the Super Bowl in M15, with full 15 min quarters, default settings/sliders, CPU v CPU and let's see how it actually plays out, game play, stats, everything, in comparison to the real thing.

If this were to happen, I imagine the 'virtual betting odds' would reflect that of a college basketball game, particularly in the Over/Under.

Last edited by TexasFan2005; 02-06-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:26 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Not Sim? Madden Completely Gets the Super Bowl Right...

The fact that Madden predicted the final score to me means nothing. If we want to use it then it has to work point for point. Madden's Seattle secondary wasn't injured. Avril didn't get concussed. Madden's Patriots didn't make adjustments with Browner so on and so forth.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:30 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
Everyone replying to this thread has to realize there are multiple definitions of the term "Sim". For me, I see Sim as stats. Final Scores, Total Yards, Pass vs Rush split, Penalty yards, & Player stats. I'm not worried about the gameplay as long as it's fun.

For others, Sim means gameplay. Footplanting, OL/DL battles, WR/DB interactions, no warping, real penalties. Some want a combination of both. Be mindful of others opinions and when you describe something as not Sim...stat what you expect as sim, but don't disregard other's comments saying what they believe in.
Even if you see sim as stats to use that for Madden is not really a good variable. And this is easy to tell especially on defense and with the offensive line. When you super sim a game watch how inflated the defenders tackle numbers are. With the offensive line, look at their pancake numbers when you sim. Now, when you actually play a game, notice how your defenders don't even come close to those numbers. Notice how your OL don't come close to those numbers. It's a very inconsistent variable that disappears when a person actually plays. If sim means stats you'd think that would be consistent whether it is cpu vs cpu or human vs cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2015, 01:18 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Have they gotten the score right all of those 9 times? Or just the winner? It would be more impressive if it was the actual score, not just the winner.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:11 PM   #37
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Even if you see sim as stats to use that for Madden is not really a good variable. And this is easy to tell especially on defense and with the offensive line. When you super sim a game watch how inflated the defenders tackle numbers are. With the offensive line, look at their pancake numbers when you sim. Now, when you actually play a game, notice how your defenders don't even come close to those numbers. Notice how your OL don't come close to those numbers. It's a very inconsistent variable that disappears when a person actually plays. If sim means stats you'd think that would be consistent whether it is cpu vs cpu or human vs cpu.
Supersim is not a real gauge on simulation stats. It's the numbers in your CFM for the teams you don't handle for non-played games. Actually, outside CFM, if you were to watch CPU vs CPU while using my sliders (no supersim)...people say that they play very well. My only real gripe at this moment is the sacks, which I hope they work on next year. Other than that, penalty overhaul will help too.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 02-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #38
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I don't know if you'd be able to upload the file on YouTube because a CPU vs CPU 15 minute quarter game would be about 2 hours long and the video file might be rather large. However I could play the game and report back the result. I was actually thinking of playing the game but never got around to doing it because it just seemed like too much work and I questioned who would want to watch a 2+ hour long virtual Super Bowl on YouTube.

I am guessing a CPU vs CPU game with 15 minute quarters using default rosters and default sliders between the Patriots and the Seahawks would be a pretty high scoring affair. Only a guess here, but I would say final score would be somewhere in the 40'something to 30'something score range. Of course you could play 100 games and get 100 different results. Every game is different. But Madden out of the box with default rosters and sliders is pretty high scoring game. Thankfully some people built some cool roster mods and slider mods than I was able to use and my 12 minute quarter CPU vs CPU games produce more realistic results.

We've come a long way over the years in terms of football games. But we are still many years away from the games being a close sim of the real world games.
Are we going to change he clock runoff to reflect a real game or just leave it at default settings? If you drop the clock run off to 15 or 10 seconds you'd speed up the game and get a more realistic amount of plays in a full 60 minute game.

I play nothing but default All-Madden with 15 minute quarters and while I can have some really high scoring games I also get those 17-10 games from time to time.

I've never bothered with cpu vs cpu but I imagine you will probably average something near 25-30 points per team, which while high for an average against the Seahawks isn't outrageous.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:28 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 2

If anyone is interested I am streaming a Seahawks vs Patriots CPU vs CPU Super Bowl 15 minute quarters game with default rosters and default sliders in Madden 15 on a PS4 on twitch.tv right now (assuming I set it up all properly). Both CPU teams are on ALL-MADDEN setting.

http://www.twitch.tv/my993c2

Final Score:

Seattle 52 - New England 12

SEA 10-14-14-14
N.E. 0-3-6-3

The Mad'mentum is in full effect. It looks like another Super Bore blow out.
Good thing this was not the real game. LOL

Last edited by My993C2; 02-09-2015 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:01 AM   #40
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
If anyone is interested I am streaming a Seahawks vs Patriots CPU vs CPU Super Bowl 15 minute quarters game with default rosters and default sliders in Madden 15 on a PS4 on twitch.tv right now (assuming I set it up all properly). Both CPU teams are on ALL-MADDEN setting.

http://www.twitch.tv/my993c2

In 3rd Quarter:

Seattle 38 - New England 6

SEA 10-14-14-X
N.E. 0-3-3-X

The Mad'mentum is in full effect. It looks like another Super Bore blow out.
Good thing this was not the real game. LOL
Appreciate it man, if you can keep track of all the final stats and drive summaries for comparison. Hopefully it's made easy by just streaming yourself checking those screens at the end of the game. I think all this will be saved on Twitchtv for later viewing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »