Home

Planning to finally get a PS4 and Madden 15

This is a discussion on Planning to finally get a PS4 and Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2015, 01:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Planning to finally get a PS4 and Madden 15

1.Are there any major bugs that I should be careful of, or did EA do a good job patching the game?

2.Do I need to buy a PSN Plus account to get the roster updates?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2015, 04:56 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Planning to finally get a PS4 and Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra
1.Are there any major bugs that I should be careful of, or did EA do a good job patching the game?

Well, good to hear m8!, here's my opinion so far. Had Madden since xmas and PS4...
1. So far, I haven't witnessed any major 'bugs', other than the odd graphical imperfections.
2. You do not need a PSN Plus account for the roster updates, just go to the manage rosters and download the new rosters.

The one thing I have noticed though is the gameplay, and In my opinion(although some would disagree), the gameplay on All-Madden is quite improved.
However, what I have noticed that really needs attention, is the interception rate, regardless of what difficulty you're on. The defense seems to be on the receivers in a shot and you have to be vigilant as to what pass you play.

I think they must have focused more on the running plays this year, although to be fair, I have noticed there had been more teams (in real life)using this method through 2014.

I have used various slider sets from users, and managed to find a good one, with a little tweaking, and I now have somewhat realistic results when playing 15min quarters on All-Madden.

At the end of the day, it's all down to user preference and you have to find the right balance for yourself, but you already know that!.

I will say this though, Madden 15 is leaps & bounds better than its predecessors, both gameplay and graphically, you won't be disappointed!
Old 02-08-2015, 12:33 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Planning to finally get a PS4 and Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra

I would not pay full price for Madden 15 at this late stage of the delivery cycle, and Madden even patched still has plenty of warts. It's Madden complete with it's sometimes illogical game changing "Mad'mentum" game play swings. But yeah I think Madden 15 on the PS4 (I am sure it's similar on the XBOX ONE) is a step in the right direction. For all it's warts, it did not disappoint me to the point where I think I am wasting my time playing the game. It's one of those games where something weird happens where I say WTF, but I keep coming back for more Mad'mentum abuse.

As far as the roster updates, I do not have a PSN Plus account and I was still being prompted if I wanted to download the lastest roster updates. However I think there are even better roster mods from 3rd party members of this community that can/should be downloaded and used instead of the rosters coming from Madden. I needed a PSN account to access these 3rd party rosters from the vault, but I didn't need the Plus account.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »