Home

Old 02-09-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
aggressive cb

do you guys upgrade your cbs to agressive or balanced trait? i feel like my cbs play to far back and i was thinking that if maybe i make them aggressive they will play closer to the wrs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 08:58 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: aggressive cb

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
do you guys upgrade your cbs to agressive or balanced trait? i feel like my cbs play to far back and i was thinking that if maybe i make them aggressive they will play closer to the wrs?
not sure about the upgrade question. i think the distance is determined by the defensive play call (zone, blitz, man to man). you can also manually adjust your corners to play closer by having them press the receiver at the line of scrimmage. only use press if your corner has a great press rating or they will get beat by a better receiver.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
Rookie

penacho's Arena

OVR: 0

It definitely has an impact - the CB will jump the route to go for the ball. That said, it's risky if they whiff, the receiver could then have an open field with no one there to tackle them.

I tend to get my DBs to a decent rating before I upgrade them to Aggressive - up their PRC, AWR, Catching - to ensure whiffs are less frequent, and INTs are more guaranteed. I also don't upgrade every player to Aggressive. If it's a safety with high STR and POW, I rather them go for the forced fumble or knock the ball out, while not risking the back side of my D.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Aggressive will make them try to jump the route for a pick. Conservative plays more for the tackle instead. Not gonna change how tight they play man or zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »