Home

Draft Changes for Future Madden Titles

This is a discussion on Draft Changes for Future Madden Titles within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #9
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Draft Changes for Future Madden Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I think they have the draft pretty good right now, and scouting is the best it has ever been. I think they need to leave it alone for now and work on other things.

Also you can trade up in the draft as it is happening.
I have to strongly disagree

The only thing I like about the drafts now is that they are random. Other than that they are so far from what I want

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 02-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #10
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I have to strongly disagree

The only thing I like about the drafts now is that they are random. Other than that they are so far from what I want

Well what do you want? What can you do with it to make it better? I mean it's the draft. You ever watch the real draft on TV? Boring! It's not like it's a big exciting thing.

Quote:
I don't see how they could get in trouble for something like that.

Crayola isn't going to get in trouble if a kid draws a picture of Marcus Mariota.

As long as no one pays for the draft classes, everything is legal.

The way things are now I would say there is a good chance of someone getting sued. There is a big difference between someone drawing a picture and keeping it to themselves, and someone making a likeness and posting online for the whole world to see. I would say a couple of years ago, no big deal, now huge deal.

I'm not saying someone would get sued if they did it, but I think it's something they have to think about. Now if you are not allowed to share it with other people and keep it to yourself that's different.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:50 PM   #11
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

The way things are now I would say there is a good chance of someone getting sued. There is a big difference between someone drawing a picture and keeping it to themselves, and someone making a likeness and posting online for the whole world to see. I would say a couple of years ago, no big deal, now huge deal.

I'm not saying someone would get sued if they did it, but I think it's something they have to think about. Now if you are not allowed to share it with other people and keep it to yourself that's different.
This is the excuse that EA would give you. But creating rosters has nothing to do with what is going on with the NCAA. The only reason EA got in trouble, is because they used the players likeness from the very beginning.

If EA were to give us the random classes, and then simply allow us to edit the class. Then there is no foul. It is no different then madden allowing us to edit the rosters from the very beginning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #12
Pro

Trick13's Arena

My Draft Board - something similar to the NCAA game's recruiting board where I can move players up and down the board - re-ranking them in essence for my own purposes, "remove player" from board, sort of like saying he is un-draftable (stud 1st RD projected player with 65 INJ).

This reorder that you do as a user could have some impact on player's draft stock - IE you move a projected mid 3rd rd player up to late second on your board and depending on your reorder and maybe the reorder of fellow users that players "stock" would rise - giving some fluidity and realism to the pre-draft and draft day process.

I am in favor of massive changes to scouting - it is so stupid as is. No team goes into the draft only having scouted 30 players and that is where we are right now.

I would say the way to fix this is to give scouting/drafting a difficulty slider/setting; The way it is now would be All-Madden, displaying the "physical" ratings in letter form would be All-Pro, Pro would have actual numbers for "physical" attributes and be cheaper to scout the rest, Rookie would just show you all ratings.

I remember drafting on PS2 when you had all the ratings - because we had "house rules" for trading it was still challenging to get your guy because you may have to draft him 2 or 3 rds above projection to get him ahead of your human opponents. I would personally prefer All-Pro according to the settings I laid out. But at least with variances you could appease a greater portion of your fan base.

I would also like to see them make better use of the screen - having multiple "windows" similar to the menu screens, but going all the way to the edge of the screen and moving from 1 screen to another would allow you to move around within those windows without the others being removed;

Therefore you could go through the draft board you created/edited while still seeing on screen the draft as it is happening, or go through trade negotiations without missing who is currently being drafted.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #13
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
This is the excuse that EA would give you. But creating rosters has nothing to do with what is going on with the NCAA. The only reason EA got in trouble, is because they used the players likeness from the very beginning.

If EA were to give us the random classes, and then simply allow us to edit the class. Then there is no foul. It is no different then madden allowing us to edit the rosters from the very beginning.

Actually it's not an excuse, it's fact now days. Way to many people to eager to sue over anything. Editing classes for personal use is not a big deal, but editing them and then sharing them could be. I'm not saying it would be a big deal to share them, but it really could be.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:45 PM   #14
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Actually it's not an excuse, it's fact now days. Way to many people to eager to sue over anything. Editing classes for personal use is not a big deal, but editing them and then sharing them could be. I'm not saying it would be a big deal to share them, but it really could be.
I would love to sit in on that law suit! Jameis Winston vs. GiantsFan69 for creating and sharing a draft class through Madden!
Granted people get sued now a days for not getting all 9 chicken nuggets with their 9 piece meal, but there is no way that anyone would ever get in trouble over that.

And if that is the case as well, why is it that NBA 2k has yet to get in trouble for this after allowing it the last few years?

It is just an excuse for EA to not allow us to customize our franchise any further.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #15
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I would love to sit in on that law suit! Jameis Winston vs. GiantsFan69 for creating and sharing a draft class through Madden!
Granted people get sued now a days for not getting all 9 chicken nuggets with their 9 piece meal, but there is no way that anyone would ever get in trouble over that.

And if that is the case as well, why is it that NBA 2k has yet to get in trouble for this after allowing it the last few years?

It is just an excuse for EA to not allow us to customize our franchise any further.

Actually I don't think they would go after the person that created it, I think they would go after EA or 2K for allowing it. I also only think it is a matter of time that it happens. I hope it never happens, but the way things are going now days, I just think it's gonna happen at some point.

I mean look at it, you have people suing game companies just because they didn't think the game was good enough. So why is it so hard to believe that a college athlete would sue a company for allowing someone to create and use his name and likeness and share it with other people?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 06:45 PM   #16
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

You're way off base with that argument. The case vs EA was clear. The day a player editor in-game results in a lawsuit that is successful I won't want to live on this planet.

I'll name 5 quick things about the draft I would love:

#1 - Change the pictures. They suck. They take away from immersion.

#2 - Let us know the typical combine ratings. Heck why don't they just tie in the combine?

#3 - Let us bring in some players for actual on the field workouts.

#4 - Get more in depth with the prospects and give them a detailed player card

#5 - Overhaul the unlocking attribute process

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »