Home

I just cannot win with the Jacksonville Jaguars in offline CFM

This is a discussion on I just cannot win with the Jacksonville Jaguars in offline CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
I just cannot win with the Jacksonville Jaguars in offline CFM

Jags are so hard to win with. I'm on my 6th year now, going on 7th for preseason and my team rating is 91. My entire OL is upgraded and are all 89+ now with my LT and RT both 93 OVR.

My QB is a drafted guy and he's 99 OVR now in his 3rd year. My receivers are 90, 87 and 85 for the top 3 that I have. My RB is a 92.

My defense is STACKED now. Base 4-3 defense. Like the only weakness I have is my LE, my LOLB, and one of my CB's. Telvin Smith my ROLB, is rated 99. Posluszny is rated 85 and leads the league in tackles almost every year.

I have a 99 rated FS, 83 rated SS, one 91 rated CB and a 85 rated CB.

Like I have built this team up from being in the dog house and dead last.

The problem? I STILL CAN'T WIN. I'm either a .500 team or slightly below a .500 team. My players are better than alot of other teams but it always seems like the SAME teams go back to the playoffs year in year out.

Patriots, Packers, Lions, Seahawks, Broncos, Panthers, Steelers, etc. It's always the same teams. This is after 6 years playing Owner Mode. I've been good about rebuilding the team and managing my funds.

Currently after year 6 I have about $95m funds and that's even after making a few moves in Free Agency, signing rookies, and resigning players each year. Like, I've legitimately been making sure I take care of my cap and my funds and build.

This team just doesn't win. I'm currently using a level 9 coach but no other coach wants to come to my team. I'm currently using the West Coast offense scheme and the Base 4-3 defense scheme which matches exactly what my coach is.

My playbook is the Rams playbook on both offense and defense because that's the type of scheme they run, West Coast and Base 4-3.

I cannot get to the playoffs, and I sim all regular season games. It always plays out where the normal playoff teams make it back to the playoffs every year. My roster is legit and good.

Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem? Do I need to wait it out and get better? My team is already pretty amazing.

Do I just need to be patient? 10 years before becoming a legitimate playoff team with the Jags?

Last edited by extremeskins04; 03-12-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2015, 12:16 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I just cannot win with the Jacksonville Jaguars in offline CFM

My team is nowhere near as stacked as yours. Not sure why you aren't winning. I've gotta finish up the last game of the 2017 preseason but the best record we've had is 7-9.

Last edited by NoleFan; 03-12-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
My team is nowhere near as stack as yours. Not sure why you aren't winning. I've gotta finish up the last game of the 2017 preseason but the best record we've had is 7-9.
Are you playing the Jags? I don't mean picking the Jags and doing a fantasy draft. I mean playing with the original team that is rated 76. They are awful and almost the entire team needs to be upgraded.

Blake Bortles on my team was so bad it was ridiculous. I tried developing him and spending a TON of xp points on him but it didn't matter. He was so bad that he never got above 79 OVR.

I had to draft a new QB.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have a franchise with the Jags, my actual team. I'm in year 7 and Blake's a 99, Linder, Joekel, Colvin, Smith, Marks, and Robinson are all corner stones. My team is generally stacked because the first few years I simmed and ended up with T5 picks, which I traded for more picks.

I've simmed a full season recently and went 15-1, so it's not a Jags specific problem... maybe you have bad sim players?
Old 03-12-2015, 02:32 PM   #5
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rws591
I have a franchise with the Jags, my actual team. I'm in year 7 and Blake's a 99, Linder, Joekel, Colvin, Smith, Marks, and Robinson are all corner stones. My team is generally stacked because the first few years I simmed and ended up with T5 picks, which I traded for more picks.

I've simmed a full season recently and went 15-1, so it's not a Jags specific problem... maybe you have bad sim players?
Hmmm that's insane.

A few more questions: (i realize these are actually alot of questions but I'm frustrated with the Jags and i'm trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong)

1. What coach did you hire? Or playing with the original one?

2. What specialty is your scout?

3. Did you adjust your schemes at all? Like what is your offense type and defense type?

4. What playbooks are you using? The Jags? Or a different team?

5. Did you adjust the schemes for each of the positions to fit the players?

6. Are you playing coach mode or owner mode?

7. What do you do for your Game Prep? Do you pick 1 or 2 players and work on their xp and develop them up? Or do you work on confidence only so you can win games? What's your strategy?

8. When you scout, what do you scout for a player? I was just scouting the Intangible and Physical ratings and if they were like A and B, B and B, or A and C I knew they were good and possible "Superstars".

Thanks for answering my questions. Here I am thinking I am drafting well and getting good players, but they aren't performing as I'd like and Bortles was just getting owned. Joeckel gave up like 18 sacks one year. It was horrible.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 03-12-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2015, 03:34 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

For the past few years, Madden seems totally screwed up when it comes to simming games. Seems like every time I try and build a team and quick-sim the whole season, 9/10 I end up with losing records.

Don't think it's just a small sample size either. There was a Breaking Madden that did this, trying to win Sanchez a ring, and pretty much every team he user-simmed always came out with horrible records.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/11/6/71...n-mark-sanchez
Old 03-12-2015, 04:09 PM   #7
Rookie

mattymatt1283's Arena

OVR: 0

Overall, I have just seen some really weird records from cfm sims.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:18 PM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymatt1283
Overall, I have just seen some really weird records from cfm sims.
Well the thing is, if I were to sim 3 back to back seasons with the Pats I'd make the postseason each time without doing a thing.

So something I was doing with the Jags was wrong. I had the players, but maybe my schemes were all messed up and I was using the wrong playbooks. Not sure. Could have been the coach i used to, but the coach I hired was a few levels higher than the starting Jags coach.

I changed each positions scheme to what gave the players the highest OVR, but I guess that was a mistake? I don't know.

After 6 seasons of rebuilding the Jags, I was still a very bad team and could not win games even with a TEAM OVERALL of 91.

Very frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »