Home

RB DEVELOPMENT IN CFM

This is a discussion on RB DEVELOPMENT IN CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2015, 12:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RB DEVELOPMENT IN CFM

Ok im trying to upgrade my rookie back speed to at least a 94..his speed right now is a 89..development trait is slow..his speed upgrades are only 12,000 XP right now..my QUESTION is..should i work on his speed before upping his development trait or vice versa? My fear is by upping the trait im afriad his speed upgrades would cost more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: RB DEVELOPMENT IN CFM

Upgrading the Development trait will reduce the XP cost of most if not all individual ratings and traits. If your RB's development is "Slow" I would definitely upgrade that first.

In addition, I would consider upgrading other ratings over Speed on account of cost-effectiveness. It is very hard to make a player faster - we're talking a season's worth of XP in many cases just to up it one point (maybe two or three if you make a Pro Bowl / win a Best RB award on top of meeting the Tier 4 season goal AND meet a milestone goal). Comparatively, it is much easier to up the break tackle ratings (Trucking / Elusiveness / Stiff Arm / Spin Move / Juke Move), any of the available pass game ratings (Catching / Route Running / Pass Blocking / Awareness,) the carrying rating, or the Fight For Extra Yards trait. Spending XP for a dozen ratings increases here is a more cost-effective way to improve the player by a greater amount than simply upping Speed by one or two points a season (and you'll be fighting a losing battle there anyway as the player's SPD will eventually decline on account of age).

Honestly, IMO your best bet if you want a faster player is to find a faster RB in next year's draft / free agency with a better Development trait as well.

You're free to do what you want, obviously; just some unsolicited advice.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Upgrading the Development trait will reduce the XP cost of most if not all individual ratings and traits. If your RB's development is "Slow" I would definitely upgrade that first.

In addition, I would consider upgrading other ratings over Speed on account of cost-effectiveness. It is very hard to make a player faster - we're talking a season's worth of XP in many cases just to up it one point (maybe two or three if you make a Pro Bowl / win a Best RB award on top of meeting the Tier 4 season goal AND meet a milestone goal). Comparatively, it is much easier to up the break tackle ratings (Trucking / Elusiveness / Stiff Arm / Spin Move / Juke Move), any of the available pass game ratings (Catching / Route Running / Pass Blocking / Awareness,) the carrying rating, or the Fight For Extra Yards trait. Spending XP for a dozen ratings increases here is a more cost-effective way to improve the player by a greater amount than simply upping Speed by one or two points a season (and you'll be fighting a losing battle there anyway as the player's SPD will eventually decline on account of age).

Honestly, IMO your best bet if you want a faster player is to find a faster RB in next year's draft / free agency with a better Development trait as well.

You're free to do what you want, obviously; just some unsolicited advice.
Ok you have helped me with the trait part..i wanna stick with this dude cuz he has really good lower and already haa fight for yards..and high carry..so upping his speed,acc, and development trait is the only thing that would complete him...hes only 20..so if by 23 i can get him to a 94 speed, i could have that speed at least 8-10 years...cant beat that lol
Old 03-21-2015, 08:56 PM   #4
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceybaby
Ok you have helped me with the trait part..i wanna stick with this dude cuz he has really good lower and already haa fight for yards..and high carry..so upping his speed,acc, and development trait is the only thing that would complete him...hes only 20..so if by 23 i can get him to a 94 speed, i could have that speed at least 8-10 years...cant beat that lol
Increasing carrying and those other traits is very easy compared to upgrading speed. To be fair, though, 89 speed is near the top of what you'll find for RBs in the draft anyway, so the other guy's advice to find a faster RB might be difficult as well.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:27 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Draft a WR with scouted all As in Acceleration, Agility and Speed, B/C in Elusiveness, Carrying, Spin Move, Juke Move. Then after the draft transfer them to RB. You might get them in the 67-70 area but they'll be very effective. The next year they upgrade really well if used right. I drafted a 74 WR turned 69 RB with 97 speed, 94 acc, 95 agi and the following year after going 569 yards, 8 TDs and OROY he went to 84 because trucking was easy to increase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 09:08 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by epikOH
Draft a WR with scouted all As in Acceleration, Agility and Speed, B/C in Elusiveness, Carrying, Spin Move, Juke Move. Then after the draft transfer them to RB. You might get them in the 67-70 area but they'll be very effective. The next year they upgrade really well if used right. I drafted a 74 WR turned 69 RB with 97 speed, 94 acc, 95 agi and the following year after going 569 yards, 8 TDs and OROY he went to 84 because trucking was easy to increase.
You can do this with cornerbacks as well. Find a CB with at least a C in strength, A's in ACC, AGI, and SPD. Usually come in as a 65-70ish HB but it doesnt take long to improve their BCV
Old 03-22-2015, 11:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yea and it's so much better because they are faster than majority of the RBs in the draft.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:55 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Acceleration is more important than speed.

My last running back had 88 speed but 96 acceleration and he was godlike. All other ratings were also high, but that ridiculous acceleration guaranteed him positive yards on most carries.

People don't realize this enough, it is acceleration that allows the RB to get to the corner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »