Home

Wow, Don't change a position in CFM or you will be sorry!

This is a discussion on Wow, Don't change a position in CFM or you will be sorry! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2015, 06:16 PM   #9
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Wow, Don't change a position in CFM or you will be sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I moved a few o-linemen around to have their overalls drop but their blocking ratings didn't change. One guy I moved is starting at RT, drafted as a LG. Through 4 games he has allowed just 1 sack but his overall is just 63. He has 79 PBK, 87 RBK, 74 IBK, 91 STR, but 38 AWR. He is a beast to run behind.
Update on my guy. I was at the end of the season so I used the training point on him to see if I could get his overall higher. I only apply my XP at seasons end, but set the CPU every 4 weeks.

I was able to get my guys AWR rating up, don't remember the hard number, and his overall looked much better. As far as his ability, he allowed 4 sacks and had 9 pancakes on the season.

This is something that EA needs to address when moving a guy around in similar positions. In the NFL linemen are always moving around and with a 48 man active roster guys have to play multiple positions. I can understand not allowing online play to exploit players in positions where they should not be like a WR at QB. As for offline play we should not have to suffer the huge drop because of online play. While on the field is not impacted as much unless you are simming, what is impacted is the ability to trade the player for any value. It also allows you to resign good players for cheap.

In the future I will not move guys around on my line but put them where I want them on my depth chart.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
This is not a glitch. This is a known part of the game. Play mut if you want to cheese other teams with speed rb's at reciver
It is a glitch. After my LT dropped from 83 to 55 when he went to guard I shut off my xbox so it didn't save. Just went back on, tried it again and he only dropped to 80 this time. Only thing that went down was his awareness by a couple points.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:30 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

isnt it a roster 53, with 46 dressing and a 47th as a 3rd qb only available to play if other 2 qbs are injured?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 03:02 PM   #12
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
Drafted a LT in 2nd round. He was A physical and B intangible. Turned out to be 83 overall, awesome. He was 6'2 and I was okay at OT so it was a nobrainer move to guard. He became 55 overall after the move, even when I put him back at LT. Ridiculous.
Yeah, thats what I am talking about it should go back to a 83 if you move him back to original position, its not like he has to relearn LT, it has to be a glitch and for the people that say the ovr does not matter well if the blocking does not change then why is his ovr going so far down, its not like his str drops. I dont get it
Old 03-31-2015, 09:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

When changing between Te to WR, and WR to TE, i noticed that all stats change, including what you'd think be constants (like speed and acc).

But the randomness of the change I suppose is to show whether the guy adapted well to the change or not (not everybody can adapt easily, so thats the randombility. I'd prefer if Madden threw in a Tweet or something about the success of their change so we know it's on purpose)

Also, the player spent the ENTIRE offseason practicing their new position, so yes, they will have a dropoff if they try to go back. After working nonstop on a new position, a player will be rusty and less aware at their old position (if you play sports irl, you'd understand this if you took a year off to play a different position)
Old 04-01-2015, 08:36 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
If I was a rookie and I had to learn and relearn positions, I'd expect my effectiveness to drop. It's mostly awareness. You just have to build it back up. I wouldn't rely on OVR to judge a player.
This is false. My Wide receiver's speed went down almost 20 overall after I moved him to QB
Old 04-01-2015, 05:12 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSeahavvks
This is false. My Wide receiver's speed went down almost 20 overall after I moved him to QB
This is probably because it was made to stop ppl from cheesing the game. But, tbh, It's dumb that they let you change to that position if they're just going to make it ruin the player
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #16
Banned

You can get a wr to te without ruining their speed, go wr to hb to fb to te. You kill their awareness but their speed and catching attributes stay the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »