Home

qb awarness

This is a discussion on qb awarness within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2015, 10:46 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: qb awarness

In my experience, dating back to even the old NCAA days, is user QB awareness matters. EA or whoever will probably tell you different, but I have SEEN it for years. Passing is much easier while usering a 90 awareness guy vesus a 60 awareness guy with the same ratings. Same goes for user RBs, the blocking is MUCH better.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:13 PM   #10
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: qb awarness

I think this is a question we could debate until the end of days. I have been playing Madden since 95 and NCAA since 98. I have played with ever type of player rating wise EA had to offer. But I don't know how much a players AWR rating impacted them if I was controlling them. So if I am controlling the QB I am the one deciding where he throws the ball. I have always been under the impression that AWR is what controls decision making and field IQ(knowing where they are on the field and what is around them).

When EA use to do those shows on ESPN I remember one of the EA guys talking about AWR impacting the CPU play. So if that is true then players you always control, like a QB, their AWR would not impact play. In my 2 decades of EA gaming I don't really think AWR matters outside of sim games, ratings, or for the CPU controlled players/teams.

Just this weekend I was talking with my brother-in-law about Madden 15 and his online team in a league with his friends. They play the user vs user games while simming all human vs CPU games. He has a guy that is a beast in the human vs human games but does not have the same stats in the simmer games. We were looking at the players ratings and I pointed out the low AWR. He had another guy that played better in the summed games then the played games. That player had a 95AWR rating.

I only invest in AWR if my scheme calls for it. I have a list of ever position with each player type and what ratings are important. If AWR is one of the important ratings then I upgrade it otherwise I never touch it and do just fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »